2022 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boone was super uptight answering Michael Kay’s legitimate questions this afternoon. At one point he told Kay, ‘you’re unbelievable” when Kay asked him if he had concerns about playing Carpenter who hasn’t played in months.

I think Bader is leading off tonight, Peraza is starting SS, Cabrera in LF. Stanton is the DH.
Man I miss Kay calling the games. I heard he called NLDS with Arod. WTF is that all about ?

billyS

Reign of Terror
As a glass half full guy, you have the love the way Peraza handles himself at SS. He is a pretty big kid too.

That said, the Stanton K in. The eight really hurt. He is usually a much better hitter in the playoffs. He probably took that pitch because he thought it was going to break out of the zone instead of riding the corner.
He should have put that pitch in the right field seats.

I didn't think the Yankees would be able to beat Houston - but witnessing the losses are a bit more than I can stand. The pitching again - has been good enough to win. WHat has caused us to lose in the playoffs is the hitting. The lack of ability to get them on - get them over and get them in. I agree with Exiled - A healthy Benintendio and DJ would make all the difference in the world. Torres is regressing again - no surprise. everybody else seems to be strikeout machines. There is one player who has impressed me - Bader.

That being said - next year - Off DOnaldson - DJ plays 3B next year.
Peraza is the shortstop - trade IKF
Cabrera can play everywhere and give everybody there ridiculous days off that Cashman insists on.
OF is Benintendi, Bader, Judge (if he stays)
Launch Montas and Taillon
Rotation = Cole, Cortes, Severino, Very Good trade acquisition or Free Agent, battle between Schmidt, German and everybody else.

I know the season isnt over - but whether we win or lose - this is what I would like to do.

I sit there and yell at my TV for SOMEBODY .... ANYBODY!!!! ... to man up and get a big hit ... they don't .. they strike out and look lame.

It's the hitting - not the pitching

I didn't think the Yankees would be able to beat Houston - but witnessing the losses are a bit more than I can stand. The pitching again - has been good enough to win. WHat has caused us to lose in the playoffs is the hitting. The lack of ability to get them on - get them over and get them in. I agree with Exiled - A healthy Benintendio and DJ would make all the difference in the world. Torres is regressing again - no surprise. everybody else seems to be strikeout machines. There is one player who has impressed me - Bader.

Cabrera can play everywhere and give everybody there ridiculous days off that Cashman insists on.
Rotation = Cole, Cortes, Severino, Very Good trade acquisition or Free Agent, battle between Schmidt, German and everybody else.

I know the season isnt over - but whether we win or lose - this is what I would like to do.

I sit there and yell at my TV for SOMEBODY .... ANYBODY!!!! ... to man up and get a big hit ... they don't .. they strike out and look lame.

It’s agonizing when you see the Yankees with all those Strikouts and loosing the last 2 games; with no disrespect to Houston’s pitching

billyS

Reign of Terror

Benintendi is a free agent. I'd rather sign Nimo, he's a true leadoff hitter which is what we need.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
We'll open up a hot stove league thread soon enough.

Sorry to say, Houston is a superior team to the Yankees regardless of having DJ and Benintendi on the roster. When Cabrera and Peraza get a full year of experience, we'll get closer. But the issue is the Yankees lack of ability to make contact.

30 strike outs and nine hits in two games pretty much sums it up. It's amazing that the games have been this close.

Just watched the whole post game. Amazing all the talk about the roof and exit velo on the home runs. Lol Bottom line is offense looks pathetic with 30 K's in 2 games Doesn't matter if you play with roof closed, open ,or on TOP of the roof...made ZERO contact that is why they lost not all the BS they are spreading.

Well now we have our two best pitchers at home. If the Yankees want to show that they are worthy they will tie it up over these next 2 games.

i will say that watching Houston kick our asses is very depressing. They look at us - how we look at Minnesota.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Well now we have our two best pitchers at home. If the Yankees want to show that they are worthy they will tie it up over these next 2 games.

i will say that watching Houston kick our asses is very depressing. They look at us - how we look at Minnesota.
It used to be the same way with the Angels.
They always had our number until 2009.

Probably not this year but we will give them a beating sooner or later. Eventually their cheating will catch up with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.