2021 New York Mets

Status
Not open for further replies.
And he traded away one of the best prospects in baseball for the backend of Robinson Cano's contract. Two years still to go AFTER this year!
Well, you have tp put Diaz in there also, but I must have said 100 times how bad that trade was and always will, unless Mets win a WS and Diaz is a big part of it.

billyS

Reign of Terror
National League East is very weak this year.
Mets are struggling with injuries to key players, are only a game over .500 but are in first place.

At this point in the season both Leagues look imbalanced.
The best six teams are in two divisions
AL East and NL West have the power houses.
You need to win every day to keep up.

Interesting to see how this plays out.

Meanwhile NL East is pathetic and getting run-over by everyone else.

National League East is very weak this year.
Mets are struggling with injuries to key players, are only a game over .500 but are in first place.

At this point in the season both Leagues look imbalanced.
The best six teams are in two divisions
AL East and NL West have the power houses.
You need to win every day to keep up.

Interesting to see how this plays out.

Meanwhile NL East is pathetic and getting run-over by everyone else.
Thats the only reason for hope for the Mets. Stay in contention until the get healthy, get some good starters back and start hitting. They should have a good second half, I hope.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Good pick up on Billy McKinney. The Yankees had gotten him in the Chapman/Torres deal from the Cubs. I saw him in Spring Training and liked his swing.

When I saw the Newsday article at a glance I thought it was the Yanks who reacquired him.

He has been held back by injuries but if he gets some at bats he can do some damage.
Good glove in the outfield too.

Good pick up on Billy McKinney. The Yankees had gotten him in the Chapman/Torres deal from the Cubs. I saw him in Spring Training and liked his swing.

When I saw the Newsday article at a glance I thought it was the Yanks who reacquired him.

He has been held back by injuries but if he gets some at bats he can do some damage.
Good glove in the outfield too.
I always liked this guy as well.

I always liked this guy as well.
Cashman loved him because of that lefty bat and was kind of like a clone of Gardy. Can't hit major league pitching.

Syndergaard news sucks, I enjoy watching him pitch. 6 weeks of NO baseball activity gives him very little time to showcase his value to the Yankees, I mean rest of the league for next season.

Noah is a Yankee in 2022! Facts!!

billyS

Reign of Terror
NL East is a joke.
Only one team over .500

The Mets have the lowest winning period any first place team and would be in fourth place in most divisions.

Base ball needs to do what the NBA did and get rid of divisions.

Have two 15 team Leagues.
Top 5 or 6 finishers go to the playoffs.

NL East is a joke.
Only one team over .500

The Mets have the lowest winning period any first place team and would be in fourth place in most divisions.

Base ball needs to do what the NBA did and get rid of divisions.

Have two 15 team Leagues.
Top 5 or 6 finishers go to the playoffs.
Who cares. You just hate to see the Mets in first place. Its OK. I will enjoy the ride.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Who cares. You just hate to see the Mets in first place. Its OK. I will enjoy the ride.
Lol, you're partially right.
I hate the Mets but it's bad for the integrity of the sport to have a mediocre team not only make the playoffs but then get home field advantage in a playoff round verses a superior team.

One of the teams in the NL west is going to finish second with a .600 winning percentage and have to play a one game play in then go on the road for the rest of the playoffs.

I hate the Mets but it's bad for the integrity of the sport to have a mediocre team not only make the playoffs but then get home field advantage in a playoff round verses a superior team.

One of the teams in the NL west is going to finish second with a .600 winning percentage and have to play a one game play in then go on the road for the rest of the playoffs.
Again. who cares. It happens every year. You just cant take the it right now that the Yanks suck ass while the Mets are in first place. Its Ok. you are a spoiled Yankee fan, which you should be. Yanks are always really good or at least right there. There is nothing positive with the Yanks right now, so you want to come into the Mets thread and say shit, and think by doing this, it will take away the fact that they are in first place, and they havent even had their full team yet.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Again. who cares. It happens every year. You just cant take the it right now that the Yanks suck ass while the Mets are in first place. Its Ok. you are a spoiled Yankee fan, which you should be. Yanks are always really good or at least right there. There is nothing positive with the Yanks right now, so you want to come into the Mets thread and say shit, and think by doing this, it will take away the fact that they are in first place, and they havent even had their full team yet.
I'm not saying shit it's fact.

I was looking at the MLB standings this morning and it just jumped out at me how pathetic the NL East is

And if I want to comment on it I will.

I'm not saying shit it's fact.

I was looking at the MLB standings this morning and it just jumped out at me how pathetic the NL East is

And if I want to comment on it I will.
All I said was who the fuck cares how good or bad the other teams are in any division. I'm not even saying the Mets are that good. But at least I'm not making excuses, why my team is bad....You are making it sound like the yanks suck because they are in a good division? You are better than that....

But the superior teams always advance it seems.

That’s baseball, Susan. (doing by best John Sterling impression)

Status
Not open for further replies.