2020 Mets

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Mets in on Lindor, wouldn't that be a coup.
I just saw the article you're talking about.
It didn't say the Mets are in on Lindor it gave the reasons the author of the article thought they should be. Big difference.
Guys have to write columns, fill space.
This might be the same guy who about a month ago gave his opinion on why the Yankees should pursue Lindor.

I just saw the article you're talking about.
It didn't say the Mets are in on Lindor it gave the reasons the author of the article thought they should be. Big difference.
Guys have to write columns, fill space.
This might be the same guy who about a month ago gave his opinion on why the Yankees should pursue Lindor.
Just like here, where Yank fans say they will go hard after Cole, Strasberg... Because they read some little article saying they should.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Just like here, where Yank fans say they will go hard after Cole, Strasberg... Because they read some little article saying they should.
There is a difference.
If the article is quoting Cashman from the GM meetings last week saying he is going to look at both Cole and Strasberg; then yes it would be accurate to say the Yankees are in on them because Cashman obviously speaks for the Yankees.
The other thing to consider is that since Cole and Strasberg are Free Agents Cashman is allowed to say he is interested. Lindor is property of the Indians and if he or BVW said they were interested in him or "in on him" it would be tampering and they could be fined or sanctioned.
So in one case we know for sure the Yanks are in on a player, the other it is just white noise fueling the fans wet dreams.

There is a difference.
If the article is quoting Cashman from the GM meetings last week saying he is going to look at both Cole and Strasberg; then yes it would be accurate to say the Yankees are in on them because Cashman obviously speaks for the Yankees.
The other thing to consider is that since Cole and Strasberg are Free Agents Cashman is allowed to say he is interested. Lindor is property of the Indians and if he or BVW said they were interested in him or "in on him" it would be tampering and they could be fined or sanctioned.
So in one case we know for sure the Yanks are in on a player, the other it is just white noise fueling the fans wet dreams.
Of coarse. also, Cashman is surely going to say he will look at all free agents. Can you imagine if right now, Cashman says he is not interested in the big Pitching free agents. He has to say that,even if its true or not.

I dont over value him. He is a better player than Marte. Nobody would make that trade straight up, on the mets end.
Marte a 5 tool guy, Conforto is not. I think Marte has the edge. Conforto is a great player (would love to see him in pinstripes) but Marte has him beat. Mets could only be so lucky if it would just cost them conforto.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Conforto is 26, 1x All-star, had a .253/353/481 slash line with 33 homers and 92 RBI. Stole 7 bases
Marte is 30 and also has 1x All-star but has two Gold Gloves.
He had a better slash line than Conforto with a surprisingly higher slugging percentage .295/.342/.503 even though he had less homers/rbi 23/82. But he has a lot more stolen bases, 25.
Conforto had a better WAR for 2019 3.5 to 2.9 which surprised me since WAR is supposed to take in defense which you would think Marte has the advantage.
Still, I think it would take Conforto or Nimo plus a top 5 prospect to pry Marte from the Pirates.

Conforto is 26, 1x All-star, had a .253/353/481 slash line with 33 homers and 92 RBI. Stole 7 bases
Marte is 30 and also has 1x All-star but has two Gold Gloves.
He had a better slash line than Conforto with a surprisingly higher slugging percentage .295/.342/.503 even though he had less homers/rbi 23/82. But he has a lot more stolen bases, 25.
Conforto had a better WAR for 2019 3.5 to 2.9 which surprised me since WAR is supposed to take in defense which you would think Marte has the advantage.
Still, I think it would take Conforto or Nimo plus a top 5 prospect to pry Marte from the Pirates.
Conforto 26 and getting better.Marte? is he 30 or 31? Gold glove 2 years ago,last year? Wasnt that good.

Nimmo, Davis, and a lesser prospect for marte ? That would be a coup for V-Dubs. Marte a stud and would be solid leadoff guy for next 3-4 years. Cant hit free agency until 2022, huge hole filled right there.

I am surprised at how little chit chat is going on here. I stated somewhere in these threads that the Mets would forever be losers as long as the Wilpons owned the Mets. Well that will be over soon. Congrats LW. The Wilpons will be totally gone in 5 years and you will have a fighting chance. I am personally a little sickened that the Mets will possible have a real owner in 5 years. I will have to enjoy the next 5 years and watch the MEts continue to wallow in mediocrity. Because in 5 years it may be over. Until then I will pray that maybe this guy gets locked up for insider trading or gets hit by a bus crossing the street .... something ... anything. I so enjoy a losing Mets franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.