2020 Mets

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I am surprised at how little chit chat is going on here. I stated somewhere in these threads that the Mets would forever be losers as long as the Wilpons owned the Mets. Well that will be over soon. Congrats LW. The Wilpons will be totally gone in 5 years and you will have a fighting chance. I am personally a little sickened that the Mets will possible have a real owner in 5 years. I will have to enjoy the next 5 years and watch the MEts continue to wallow in mediocrity. Because in 5 years it may be over. Until then I will pray that maybe this guy gets locked up for insider trading or gets hit by a bus crossing the street .... something ... anything. I so enjoy a losing Mets franchise.
He might not get approved by the other owners because of his criminal past.
They also don't like guys who are too rich and flamboyant because they fear they might upset the apple cart.
Remember they wouldn't let Mark Cuban buy the Cubs. So it's not a done deal.

He might not get approved by the other owners because of his criminal past.
They also don't like guys who are too rich and flamboyant because they fear they might upset the apple cart.
Remember they wouldn't let Mark Cuban buy the Cubs. So it's not a done deal.
Believe me, he will get approved.

I am surprised at how little chit chat is going on here. I stated somewhere in these threads that the Mets would forever be losers as long as the Wilpons owned the Mets. Well that will be over soon. Congrats LW. The Wilpons will be totally gone in 5 years and you will have a fighting chance. I am personally a little sickened that the Mets will possible have a real owner in 5 years. I will have to enjoy the next 5 years and watch the MEts continue to wallow in mediocrity. Because in 5 years it may be over. Until then I will pray that maybe this guy gets locked up for insider trading or gets hit by a bus crossing the street .... something ... anything. I so enjoy a losing Mets franchise.
So, this is great news, if and when it is all signed. Would be great. The guys a winner, wants to win, will do anything to win. BUT, although, it will be a nice advantage, like the Yanks always had with spending, they will still have to pick the right General manager, to make all the right decisions, pick the right players. Also, it may not be in 5 years. It may happen right away. Wilpons stay in their current roles, maybe just on paper, for 5 years. I doubt, Cohen will pay all this money, own 80% of the team and let the Wilpons make any decisions.

Mets Sign Porcello for 10 million, how does Wacha agree to only 3 million, and Porky get 10?
Who is going to the bullpen??

DeGrom
Syndergaard
Stroman
Matz
Porky/Wacha

Can Wacha play centerfield or catch?

Another nice signing by the metro's. I love Betances, he is going to be a beast in the NL. Mets bullpen starting to take shape, if they can just get a decent return on Familia and Diaz, could be a GREAT bullpen. I gotta think if they falter, Betances will be their closer by End of May.
Throw Lugo into that mix, still need another bat, maybe 2. A solid off season in my opinion for VW, nothing flashy or splashy, but good depth moves.

I'm thinking if the Yankees didn't know something they would have gone harder at him.
Given that he was unable to get a multi-year deal speaks volume. The Yanks are overloaded with right hand relief pitching so it comes as no surprise that they passed. I hope it works out for the big guy across town.

The NL East is going to be really interesting this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.