2020 Kentucky Derby

I have noticed that if he is positive on a John Kimmel runner, they usually run well. I know that Richie and Kimmel are close friends.
Yes they are, and I've known John for a long time; even dated his assistant trainer for a time many years ago. Richie rode most if not all of John's good horses back before so-called "supertrainers" (who might be the end of this game) took over.

I think the Fox Sports crew is far superior. Not much of an Andy Serling fan though.
Wholeheartedly agree. Serling can be a self absorbed arrogant know it all at times. He does put the work in and I respect him as a handicapper and gambler. JK is a good guy, have hung with him at the Derby and NHC. I met Maggie and she could not have been nicer. I made her laugh about an incident during a post parade that she was covering.

Yes they are, and I've known John for a long time; even dated his assistant trainer for a time many years ago. Richie rode most if not all of John's good horses back before so-called "supertrainers" (who might be the end of this game) took over.
You can only hope that the recent federal indictments and arrests have an impact, but the billionaire owners will continue to fill the barns of Chad Brown, Todd, Baffert, Cox, etc. It sucks seeing the same barns winning the majority of the graded stakes.

You can only hope that the recent federal indictments and arrests have an impact, but the billionaire owners will continue to fill the barns of Chad Brown, Todd, Baffert, Cox, etc. It sucks seeing the same barns winning the majority of the graded stakes.
What really sucks is all the short fields because Chad has 3/5 of the field. I left the track in disgust in 2005, and the game has been on an excruciating decline ever since. And it was well on its way when I left. Trainers shouldn't have more than forty, and another 10 or so in the wings, and for the life of me, I'll never understand why someone would want to give a horse to someone who quite likely wouldn't lay a hand on them. PG Johnson told me many years ago that "If I go into the barn and don't know every horse and their current status, then I have too many of them", and he was right. I miss the horses and mostly the great people, but I don't miss working there, that's for sure. and I can go back and visit!

Wholeheartedly agree. Serling can be a self absorbed arrogant know it all at times. He does put the work in and I respect him as a handicapper and gambler. JK is a good guy, have hung with him at the Derby and NHC. I met Maggie and she could not have been nicer. I made her laugh about an incident during a post parade that she was covering.
I also like LoDuca, he is pretty straight forward and says it like it is. Good handicapper and owns a few horses himself.