2020 Kentucky Derby

I'm going to bet Creative Minister again in the hope that he can be near We The People who has such a ridiculous pace advantage over the field.

I hope that Rich Strike runs well and will use him underneath.

Who do you like?
I like Creative Minister for a nice big win bet. He has improved with every race.
I am def putting Skippylongstocking, Barber Road, and Golden Glider into my exotics
I am not putting a dime on Rich Strike or We The People
I like Nest at the price.
I think it's Mo Donegal or Creative Minister that win.

I like Creative Minister for a nice big win bet. He has improved with every race.
I am def putting Skippylongstocking, Barber Road, and Golden Glider into my exotics
I am not putting a dime on Rich Strike or We The People
I like Nest at the price.
I think it's Mo Donegal or Creative Minister that win.
I have to come back and bet Creative Minister for the following reasons:
1 - He finished 2 1/2 lengths behind Epicenter and Early Voting. Wouldn't both of those horses crush this field?
2 - CM may have moved prematurely at Pimlico when he loomed briefly late on the final turn. It's possible that the inside part of the track at Pimlico was a little deep, so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.
3 - Third race since Kentucky Derby day, three starts in five weeks, not sure if this is a good thing, but can't blame the owners for taking a chance.

My order of finish:

1- Creative Minister (He should be close enough to the pace to take a shot at WTP turning from home, but can he get the mile and a half)
2 - Rich Strike (distance no problem)
3 - Mo Donegal (back on his home track/distance no problem)
4 - We The People (that speed scares me and he's the most likely winner)

I was against Sacred Oath who defeated Nest in the Oaks. I cannot see her beating Mo Donegal or Rich Strike. I have all the respect in the world for Todd Pletcher, and know that she would not be in the race if she could not win

One last thought on Rich Strike. He has looked terrific in his appearance and work tab. I'm not a big work outs guy, but Rich Strike reminds me of his old man, Keen Ice, who really blossomed after the Kentucky Derby.

I have to come back and bet Creative Minister for the following reasons:
1 - He finished 2 1/2 lengths behind Epicenter and Early Voting. Wouldn't both of those horses crush this field?
2 - CM may have moved prematurely at Pimlico when he loomed briefly late on the final turn. It's possible that the inside part of the track at Pimlico was a little deep, so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.
3 - Third race since Kentucky Derby day, three starts in five weeks, not sure if this is a good thing, but can't blame the owners for taking a chance.

My order of finish:

1- Creative Minister (He should be close enough to the pace to take a shot at WTP turning from home, but can he get the mile and a half)
2 - Rich Strike (distance no problem)
3 - Mo Donegal (back on his home track/distance no problem)
4 - We The People (that speed scares me and he's the most likely winner)

I was against Sacred Oath who defeated Nest in the Oaks. I cannot see her beating Mo Donegal or Rich Strike. I have all the respect in the world for Todd Pletcher, and know that she would not be in the race if she could not win

One last thought on Rich Strike. He has looked terrific in his appearance and work tab. I'm not a big work outs guy, but Rich Strike reminds me of his old man, Keen Ice, who really blossomed after the Kentucky Derby.
I have seen Strikes workouts and numbers, I feel like he won't get the distance.
Can't imagine Pletcher putting Nest into the race if he didn't think she had a shot, unless she is a rabbit for Mo.

I def agree with you about CM moving too early, he had the open lane down middle of the track but ran out of gas.

I don't think WTP gets the distance.

Should be interesting, GOOD LUCK!

We The People benefitted from the wet/sealed race track, hopefully he spits it late on the turn,

Rich Strike will have NO problem with the distance. He does other obstacles, mainly his jockey who is not that good and will not have the crazy early pace that propelled him to his Derby win. He needs to get to the rail, stay there until the final turn and see if the pace is backing up.

Creative Minister is picked by Andy Sterling so I may toss him. LOL Serling has a terrific opinion but when he agrees with something that I like, they usually lose. Serling's of the opinion that CM has improved his speed figure in every race and likes him because he will be more tactical than Mo Donegal.

Nest has no early speed, but can run all day. I may use her underneath.

I'm with you though, Creative Minister and Mo Donegal are the two top choices.

Good Luck!

We The People benefitted from the wet/sealed race track, hopefully he spits it late on the turn,

Rich Strike will have NO problem with the distance. He does other obstacles, mainly his jockey who is not that good and will not have the crazy early pace that propelled him to his Derby win. He needs to get to the rail, stay there until the final turn and see if the pace is backing up.

Creative Minister is picked by Andy Sterling so I may toss him. LOL Serling has a terrific opinion but when he agrees with something that I like, they usually lose. Serling's of the opinion that CM has improved his speed figure in every race and likes him because he will be more tactical than Mo Donegal.

Nest has no early speed, but can run all day. I may use her underneath.

I'm with you though, Creative Minister and Mo Donegal are the two top choices.

Good Luck!
Golden Glider looks great in the post parade!
Rich Strike looks rank in post parade.

Well Rich Strike fizzled like I knew he would. CM was sapped and couldn't get the distance. Too many races in last 5 weeks.
WTP couldn't get the distance
Mo is the real deal, Nest ran a GREAT race. I could see her in the Travers.
Golden Glider is still running......

Rich Strike was not a happy horse before the race. I'm sure that has something to do with his sub-par effort.

Mo Donegal was clearly the best. I was surprised that he was as close to the pace as he was. Nest was tremendous after the early stumble, but she did find a way to secure the early pocket beating Creative Minister to that spot. I thought Skippylongstocking raced well for third.

Nothing good to say about the rest of the field. Rich Strike was following Mo Donegal briefly on the turn but had no run when the rider tried a wide move. Creative Minister was a tired horse after his third start in five weeks.

Well Rich Strike fizzled like I knew he would. CM was sapped and couldn't get the distance. Too many races in last 5 weeks.
WTP couldn't get the distance
Mo is the real deal, Nest ran a GREAT race. I could see her in the Travers.
Golden Glider is still running......
Any thoughts on today’s Travers? I can’t get past Epicenter or Zandon.

Any thoughts on today’s Travers? I can’t get past Epicenter or Zandon.
I'm going to place a win bet on Rich Strike one more time.

I like CyberKnife a lot. He has won his last 3 out of 4 races and the one he lost, (The Kentucky Derby) he had a terrible trip. Will put a win bet on him and include him in my exotics. I will use the Chad Brown horses in my exotics as well.

I will Put a little down on Aint Life Grand, although he looks totally out classed 20-1 ML, will probably closer to 35-1 at post.

On paper Epicenter looks tough, but Saratoga is the Graveyard of the Favorites.

I'm going to place a win bet on Rich Strike one more time.

I like CyberKnife a lot. He has won his last 3 out of 4 races and the one he lost, (The Kentucky Derby) he had a terrible trip. Will put a win bet on him and include him in my exotics. I will use the Chad Brown horses in my exotics as well.

I will Put a little down on Aint Life Grand, although he looks totally out classed 20-1 ML, will probably closer to 35-1 at post.

On paper Epicenter looks tough, but Saratoga is the Graveyard of the Favorites.
I don’t see a heck of a lot of pace in here, so I expect Epicenter on an easy lead. Subsequently, because Early Voting was no good on the lead in the Jim Dandy, he may be stalk Epicenter. The only other possible pacesetter is Ain’t Life Grand but doubt he can get the distance.

It would be a great story if Rich Strike won. I will add, that physically, he looks amazing and looks like a different horse since the Belmont. I wish he had a top tier jockey instead of Sonny Leon.

For a brief moment, I thought Rich Strike had a chance. Leon gave him a perfect ride and when he set him down, thought he would get second for sure. Cyberknife raced great, super game for second. But Epicenter proved today that he is the best male three year old this year. I think that Nest would give him a run for his money.

Here is some Saratoga handicapping advice :
On the longer dirt races, nothing is going wire to wire . All the winners are coming from off the pace. It’s been such a pattern this whole meet.

Rich Strike ran the race of his life in yesterday's Grade 2 Lukas classic proving that his Kentucky Derby win was no fluke. I heard trainer Eric Reed comment that the horse will continue to improve into his four year old season. Heartbreaking defeat after gaining a short advantage over Hot Rod Charlie who battled back gamely to earn the victory. One of the best horse races of the year

Rich Strike ran the race of his life in yesterday's Grade 2 Lukas classic proving that his Kentucky Derby win was no fluke. I heard trainer Eric Reed comment that the horse will continue to improve into his four year old season. Heartbreaking defeat after gaining a short advantage over Hot Rod Charlie who battled back gamely to earn the victory. One of the best horse races of the year
Even more impressive was Rich Strike ran the entire race 3-4 wide, def traveled more ground then HRC.
Great race, Rich Strike LOVES that race track.

Even more impressive was Rich Strike ran the entire race 3-4 wide, def traveled more ground then HRC.
Great race, Rich Strike LOVES that race track.
Did you see the drama regarding the ride by Sonny Leon? It was just brought to my attention. He cost Rich Strike the win. Let me know what you think. Leon should lose the mount after those shenanigans deep in the stretch. Rich Strike had all the momentum and Leon leaned hard on him to brush with HRC. The Mig brought it up as well. Bush league ride.

I hope that the Rich Strike is pointed for the Clark, a grade one, at Churchill in late November. Would love to see Johnny V. on him. I hope he doesn’t point to the BC Classic where he would have no chance against Flightline, Epicenter, etc.

Sonny Leon suspended 15 days per Richie Migliore on ADR. I can’t confirm this.
I didn't see anything and I rewatched it twice. Maybe you can give me an idea around what time it happened on the replay?
Only thing I saw in my opinion was Leon seemed to ease up on Rich Strike when he passed HRC in the deep stretch. I guess she thought he had put him away, then HRC fought back and got him by a head. Again, great race.

I didn't see anything and I rewatched it twice. Maybe you can give me an idea around what time it happened on the replay?
Only thing I saw in my opinion was Leon seemed to ease up on Rich Strike when he passed HRC in the deep stretch. I guess she thought he had put him away, then HRC fought back and got him by a head. Again, great race.
You would have to see the head on - it's tough to see what he did on the pan view, but you can see Rich Strike bearing in to engage HRC very late.
Nearing the wire, Leon moved Rich Strike in very close to HRC while using his left elbow and entire body to intimidate HRC. I believe that this caused Rich Strike the race as he most likely lost momentum. It's dirty race riding, that backfired. You have to watch Leon on the horse in the final 100 yards or so. Leon's excuse was that his saddle slipped but that was a lie as he galloped out perfectly. Hopefully, we'll get more information today.