2013 Yankees

5 years ago Hughes and Joba were considered the future of the pitching staff. I'd like to know who does the evaluations over there. Either they don't know what they're looking at or they have no idea how to develop them and ruined them in the process.
I agree with you the they ruined them. They cant develop pitching. They were not the only ones to say they were the future. When they were in the minors, Baseball America, had Hughes as the number one overall prospect in baseball regardless of position. Joba was the 3rd ranked player...

I think they may make the wild card but they won't be able to beat Detroit or Boston.

They can develop pitching but Joba and Hughes .... they are a mystery. These two may not be cut out for NY. HUghes woudl be a better fit in the NL in a pitcher friendly park. I thin JOba just may be a head case.

I think they may make the wild card but they won't be able to beat Detroit or Boston.

They can develop pitching but Joba and Hughes .... they are a mystery. These two may not be cut out for NY. HUghes woudl be a better fit in the NL in a pitcher friendly park. I thin JOba just may be a head case.
Cleveland has the best shot.

yeah

getting harder to watch and the way its going now not much of a chance at all. too may injuries this year. Sorry jete you are up there in age. not 25 any more.
they need younger players. the pitching, well, thats a crapshoot. gotta use some money to get some decent pitching and the left side of the infield,.. A-roid and Jete - old men.
Tex gettin up there. Not the player he used to be. Far from it. Need a decent fielding/hitting catcher. Nothing behind the plate now. that used to be a GREAT factor in the Yankees winning. you could look it up, of course. Gardner is a tough one. reminds me of O'Neill. Keep Soriano, he CAN hit! Like Girardi said he never expected him to play like this.
Enough for now.....but one more thing before i go. Mo, you did it your way and one of the best! Bravo!

Last edited:
I think they have a real good chance of getting a wild card spot. ONLY ... because their schedule is soft and the teams they are competing against are falling apart. If you take the Red Sox out of the equation, the Yankees have played very well thelast few weeks.

SO ... That being said .... shoudl the Yankees get a wild card they can win that one game playoff but will be bitch slapped by the Red Sox which is who they will play in the new format.

Kuroda is better than a 500 pitcher. Over the last 2 years he is in the top 10 in ERA. I am a big believer in wins for a pitcher but ... Kuroda is pretty good. Better than a 4 or 5.

I would give that kid Warren a shot instead of Hughes. Anybody!
OK OK. I was wrong about him being only a 500 pitcher... He is a below 500 pitcher... I admit, for once, I was wrong.....

I think they have a real good chance of getting a wild card spot. ONLY ... because their schedule is soft and the teams they are competing against are falling apart. If you take the Red Sox out of the equation, the Yankees have played very well thelast few weeks.

SO ... That being said .... shoudl the Yankees get a wild card they can win that one game playoff but will be bitch slapped by the Red Sox which is who they will play in the new format.
No way.... They just dont have the pitching for a playoff team... Soriano almost saved the season. Hey, but at least they are in a playoff race and something to cheer about late in the season... But then again, for the payrole they have, it is quite an embarassment that they will not be in the playoffs... It will be a very interesting off season...

CC and Kuroda pitching .500 this year really hurt the playoff chances.Thinking back to alot of their losses this year(swept by the white sox,losing to the Mets and now the Blue jays this week)They should have had a spot wrapped up already

Pettite to retire...

Perfect time for him to retire... I bet he is talked about a lot going forward... from juicing, to playoff record, to rings, to pitching til he is 41... Congrats on his retirement...

They should have won a wild card spot easily .... but they didn't. As Bill PArcells has said ... at the end of the year ... you are what your record says you are.