R. I. P.

Anne Heche..Dead at 53.
Was never a fan, but her story is tragic.
R.I.P.
I read that even though she was brain dead they kept her body alive (family was involved) to harvest some of her organs that were usable for transplant.

At least something good managed to be salvaged from a sad stupid situation.

A case study to not drive under the influence of narcotics
and alcohol.

As a Raiders fan since 1967 I saw Len a lot as KC was their main rival back then.
Chiefs won SB IV with Len at QB.
I'm sure @mugi has some memories to share as I recall he was a Chiefs fan from that era.
Thank you, @billyS.

I will spare the good men of this board with a biblical-sized testament to this man.

And, since a picture is worth a thousand words, (which translates to 2000 or 3000 for myself) just take a look at Lenny Dawson sucking down a cigarette and a bottle of beer, during halftime of the 1967 Super Bowl, the first Super Bowl.

At the moment that this picture was taken, Lenny and the Chiefs played a great first half of football, as serious underdogs against The iconic Vince Lombardi’s Green Bay Packers. The score was unbelievably only 14-10, in favor of the Packers.

What a frickin’ man he is, with a cigarette and a bottle of beer, relaxing during half-time in the biggest moment of his life!!!

Attachments