2020 Yankees

Happ was good in 2018, sucked last year. They are going to have to package a good prospect with him for some team to take on that salary. I am betting they can pull it off. I am liking a rotation of Cole, Severino, Paxton, Tanaka and German. If German is suspended then they can plug a kid in for teh first month or so. Besides - German will probably have an innings limit anyway.

If the Yankees are going to play by MLB rules by trying to stay close to the luxury tax limits then I will agree with some of you saying NOT to sign Cole for 9 years and $300+ million. Cause - 5 years from now when he is turning into an old breaking down CC Sabathia ... I don't want to hear any bullshit that they can't sign the next young stud free agent pitcher because of payroll concerns. But the Yankees shoudl say that they are sticking to sound business principals - meaning they don't give a shit about the luxury tax as long as the Return on Investment is there! Which is teh way it shoudl be. A Yankee team that can win 4 championships in 10 years and make boatloads of money in the process shoudl not give a shit if their payroll is $300 mill as long as they are becoming MORE profitable as well.

We don't need him at over 300 million. I rather take a shot on Bumgarner for less than half that. Add a reliever or two, and a nice bat, while retaining Romine.

36-38 million a year, I am sorry, you have to draw a line somewhere. Thats 1.25-1.5 million PER START.

How we paying Judge and Torres if we paying a guy who plays once a week 38 million a year? For once, I hope Cashman shows some restraint here.
The second tier guys don't work out. That's what happened with Happ. Now they are trying to trade him.
Mad bum is past his prime. He's not an ace. We need an ace.

If the Yankees are going to play by MLB rules by trying to stay close to the luxury tax limits then I will agree with some of you saying NOT to sign Cole for 9 years and $300+ million. Cause - 5 years from now when he is turning into an old breaking down CC Sabathia ... I don't want to hear any bullshit that they can't sign the next young stud free agent pitcher because of payroll concerns. But the Yankees shoudl say that they are sticking to sound business principals - meaning they don't give a shit about the luxury tax as long as the Return on Investment is there! Which is teh way it shoudl be. A Yankee team that can win 4 championships in 10 years and make boatloads of money in the process shoudl not give a shit if their payroll is $300 mill as long as they are becoming MORE profitable as well.
I agree with you Steve.

If the Yankees are going to play by MLB rules by trying to stay close to the luxury tax limits
Steve, What do you mean by this? Play by the rules? I never heard Baseball telling teams to try to stay close to the cap... Yanks just always went over the cap and paid the tax for doing so, because winning was so important to them that they werent going t let money stand in their way of trying to win,which I always respected.

billyS

Reign of Terror
And his defense will still suck
When you say his defense sucks then you're just showing you don't know what you're talking about.

He had a good year on both sides of the ball. He cut down his passed balls dramatically, he has a cannon of an arm and most teams won't run on him unless the pitcher isn't paying attention and he gets high praise for his framing of pitches.

When you say his defense sucks then you're just showing you don't know what you're talking about.

He had a good year on both sides of the ball. He cut down his passed balls dramatically, he has a cannon of an arm and most teams won't run on him unless the pitcher isn't paying attention and he gets high praise for his framing of pitches.
He is a good DH. Who cant even hit sometimes. Shit attitude, cant even run hard to first base.