Review of Gallaghers 2000 in Queens

No offense, but I happen to know otherwise. Had nothing to do with the kitchen.
I checked back with my sources from G2000 and they say it was The Heath Department that shut them down because of the kitchen and food storage issues. I asked if they where SURE... and they say they are sure.

My sources are not really "insiders" just workers, so who knows? I don't think they need to hide anything to protect the G2000 name, they don't care. But who knows if they know the whole story?

But as far as they know, they are firm on the point that it was The Health Department and the shutdown was kitchen and food storage stuff.

yea rite

Health depart issues is the BS story that they are telling the workers. It is def not true. The management does not want to tell the girls they are at risk from ICE.

Health depart issues is the BS story that they are telling the workers. It is def not true. The management does not want to tell the girls they are at risk from ICE.
I can imagine they and many New York clubs are at risk from ICE or immigration issues... but I don't see how a short shutdown (a few days) could have been as a result of any such risk.

From NYC Dept. of Health web site on which one can see restaruant inspection reports simply and for free:

GALLAGHER'S 2000
43-19 37 STREET, QUEENS 11101
718-361-1348

Violation points: 11

Inspection Date: 06/19/2009

Establishment re-closed by DOHMH

Sanitary Violations
1.) Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to vermin exist.
2.) Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility's food and/or non-food areas.

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
I can't wait for bunyon to come in here and see you guys talking about immigration and ICe worrying about these clubs. They got much bigger fish to fry. It harkens back to the Delgado Travel Agencies in and around the city. Not a single one of those girls was/is legal. And every once in a while, people would fuck with the workers and call in an "immigration check" and all the girls would flee out the back door and hop in taxis. Immigration never came.

If immigration was going to raid any of these places, wouldn't they go to one of the bailerina bars where bunyon, me and the owner are the only legal ones in the place?

Bottom line: these places aren't on immigrations radar unless the place is going to get shut down like Nickles and Dumbartons (and those were just threats made to the owner, not the strippers).

Gavy

sure. since you seem to know your way around the city take a look at the DOB website and explain why there was a complaint to the DOB, but no NOV issued. There was a complaint. The complaint led to a DOH violation, and not a DOB violation. But thats not the point, there is someone complaining and they did not stop at the DOH, or the DOB. They hit all avenues to cause a problem for this place, ICE included. Only matter of time. Check the other boards as well. Some connected folks trying to rid the neighborhood of Scandals. squeaky gate gets the oil, particularly if the entity squeaking has a financial interest in getting a place shut down. connect the dots.

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
See post #47. Immigration has much biger fish to fry than some illegal strippers turning tricks. And that isn't just me saying this. Guys like EddyBear, bunyon, justlooking, et al will be right there with me on this one.

Immigration comes up as a "possibility" when they are grilling the owner. The strippers are fine. It's just rumor mongering that gets them all riled up.

Hate to get in the way of a good pissing contest here, but there's plenty of room for both of you to be right in this case. Knowing people in the restaurant business who sometimes need to deal with conflicting regulations by different city agencies, there's probably plenty of room for a DOH complaint here. And if someone in the neighborhood wants to make trouble for their own purposes, calling ICE isn't outside the realm of possibility either.

Only one thing is certain: Since it seems likely from these reports that the club is on some official radar--and possibly more than one--anyone going to Gallaghers should act with greater caution than usual. None of us know who is after them and what the ulterior motive is, but it's probably nothing any of us want to be involved with.

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
OK, you believe what you want. But do you think the Federal Gov't is going to go along with City bureaucrats and their campaign to "clean up" the now pricy neighborhood? Ain't happening.

And if immigration gets involved and swoops in and makes arrests, I'll buy you a session at the next UG party.

IMO its highly unlikely the Feds would be involved in this except if it was drug related. I can't even remember the last time I heard about immigration doing any kind of an operation in the Tri-State area and with this new administration in Washington you can forget any in the near future.
I'm not arguing they aren't in trouble with the city but thats not a big enough target for ICE to go after. It would be a waste of precious manpower.

As posted by Scott68 in another thread:

I don't do strip clubs or go-go bars
I'm as honest as the day is long, I DO NOT frequent strip clubs etc., but I have friends that do and have owned them. I don't need to disclose where I got my info from and I did not go into details which I know out of respect.

It wasn't immigration.

Last edited:

wolf5958

lil Fuzzybear
Not to add to a pissing contest in my section

Gentlemen IMHO and with my own experience, if someone has a hard on for this place and has the moxy and pull to act on it there are a few options.

First if they serve food than the DOH is the easiest avenue to use since any sign of vermin or unsanitary conditions will be sighted for a violation. Usually it takes 2 failed inspections for a place to be temporally closed.

Second is the building dept. This is also an easy avenue to follow. Unsafe conditions failed fire safety inspections, over crowding block fire exits, no fire extinguishers, and so on.

Third which is the worse for a bar/strip club is ABC or NYS liquor authority. Now thies guys can pull your license and shut you down for many reason and temporally close you down for the slightest of infractions. The locals will jump on a place especially an adult entertainment place.

I do not see the Feds getting involved, not when this falls under the quality of life issues that Mayor Mike is so hot about.

So what I ask is if you have information please link it to the thread. Just as in any other thread or section news stories web articles or what have you. Please back up your statements....

Thank You....

Gentlemen IMHO and with my own experience, if someone has a hard on for this place and has the moxy and pull to act on it there are a few options.

First if they serve food than the DOH is the easiest avenue to use since any sign of vermin or unsanitary conditions will be sighted for a violation. Usually it takes 2 failed inspections for a place to be temporally closed.

Second is the building dept. This is also an easy avenue to follow. Unsafe conditions failed fire safety inspections, over crowding block fire exits, no fire extinguishers, and so on.

Third which is the worse for a bar/strip club is ABC or NYS liquor authority. Now thies guys can pull your license and shut you down for many reason and temporally close you down for the slightest of infractions. The locals will jump on a place especially an adult entertainment place.

I do not see the Feds getting involved, not when this falls under the quality of life issues that Mayor Mike is so hot about.

So what I ask is if you have information please link it to the thread. Just as in any other thread or section news stories web articles or what have you. Please back up your statements....

Thank You....
Fair enough. I don't want to be a part of any pissing contest.

Last edited: