Review of Gallaghers 2000 in Queens

Gentlemen IMHO and with my own experience, if someone has a hard on for this place and has the moxy and pull to act on it there are a few options.

First if they serve food than the DOH is the easiest avenue to use since any sign of vermin or unsanitary conditions will be sighted for a violation. Usually it takes 2 failed inspections for a place to be temporally closed.

Second is the building dept. This is also an easy avenue to follow. Unsafe conditions failed fire safety inspections, over crowding block fire exits, no fire extinguishers, and so on.

Third which is the worse for a bar/strip club is ABC or NYS liquor authority. Now thies guys can pull your license and shut you down for many reason and temporally close you down for the slightest of infractions. The locals will jump on a place especially an adult entertainment place.

I do not see the Feds getting involved, not when this falls under the quality of life issues that Mayor Mike is so hot about.

So what I ask is if you have information please link it to the thread. Just as in any other thread or section news stories web articles or what have you. Please back up your statements....

Thank You....
Exactly Wolf, there are plenty of local authorities out there to bust balls. The overbearing city bureacracy is more than capable enough of making their existence miserable.

I know, ICE only cares about terrorists . . .

Probe fingers 1,800 American Apparel workers - Yahoo! News

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090701/us_nm/us_americanapparel

But I am still curious about what Scott68 thinks
eden you actually prove our point with your link. Look at the large number of people involved-- 1,800. Unless it is an extraordinary situation they are not going after a couple of strippers in Queens. At least that is not the way its been done in the past.
They go after meat packing plants, food processing factories, etc. where hundreds or thousands work, places like that. If you don't agree with us then show us your specific documentation like Wolf said.

And btw nobody ever said ICE was only interested in terrorists. At least I didn't see that said in the prior posts here.

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
Bunyon, we know these guys on Roosevelt with rap sheets a mile long that just get processed and put back on the street. Our "pelones" friends for example.

I find it amusing that some think the federal gov't would actually go "door to door" on a witch hunt looking to boot illegals. Bad PR, bad press. They aren't doing that. No way, no how.

Plus they just don't have the manpower to do that, not even close.

In fact I just heard on the news that in a new tact, ICE is auditing 600 businessess around the country for immigration violations. 600! In a country of millions and millions of businesses. Thats a spec of sand on a huge beach.

Scott - you have said it was not immigration - it was not the kitchen. But we see above an official report about the "kitchen" resulting in the place being closed - so is there some conspiracy afoot? I have read the posts and links about the place being under attack for, let's say, economic development purposes. But the NYC DOH is not to be trusted in this circumstance? I am not saying it should or should not but - do we have a coincidence or a conspiracy in your view? Mr. Kennedy - your response would also be appreciated. Thanks.

Scott - you have said it was not immigration - it was not the kitchen. But we see above an official report about the "kitchen" resulting in the place being closed - so is there some conspiracy afoot? I have read the posts and links about the place being under attack for, let's say, economic development purposes. But the NYC DOH is not to be trusted in this circumstance? I am not saying it should or should not but - do we have a coincidence or a conspiracy in your view? Mr. Kennedy - your response would also be appreciated. Thanks.

No offense, but this is sticky and if you're asking me for direct sources, I won't disclose that info here.

Is every bust/arrest public knowledge?

Why must the term conspiracy be used regarding this? I only stated was was explained to me as to what their problem was. Maybe someone lied to me, but I doubt it, there was nothing to gain by telling me and I have nothing to gain by telling the OP.

I want no part of this thread anymore. I have answered to the best of my ability regarding the temp. closure of this place.

I have nothing to gain by making false statements. I feel a little silly explaining as much as I have and have done so out of respect.

Fin.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Plus they just don't have the manpower to do that, not even close.

In fact I just heard on the news that in a new tact, ICE is auditing 600 businessess around the country for immigration violations. 600! In a country of millions and millions of businesses. Thats a spec of sand on a huge beach.

Trust me, my place has been raided and we are a dot on the map. Far more than that get raided. It is a sureal experience to say the least. I asked on of those goons to show me his badge and his response was to push me down as he rushed past me with guns drawn.

Imagine about 15 agents surrounding your place talking to no one and just run past everyone. No one has any idea who these guys are and they scatter including the legal ones. Some have coats identifying themselves but if you see a gun, do you really try to read their coat.

They carted off about 15 people some of which did not have ID and most eventually got released and very little was done. It was to punish the employer where the fine you, if the paperwork is not done correctly. If miss the date on the application ($500 fine per occurence).

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
So accnts, you are connected to Gallaghers? I guess the owners changed since I was last there (at the old spot ON Queens Blvd next to the old Casablanca).

I stopped by G2000 recently on a saturday based on this thread and i figured i'd throw in my .02.

Not much to say, really, it was a weekend evening and obviously not the best time to go, but it's a bit far to be able to venture out on a weekday. in the future, hopefully. girl-to-patron ratio was quite low, with many guys standing around on the edges of the main stage waiting for someone to approach them. Many Russians in the mix, most of em didnt really do it for me and didnt seem to work very hard for their dollar. The latins were better, including one with an absurdly enhanced set of buttocks that nevertheless (or because of which) made her one of the most appealing ones working. I was expecting better LDs, which on average, were kinda average, with not much consistency to speak of. Door was $15 due to it being a weekday night; i was informed that the $5 rate is available sun-wed, or something like that. Maybe it'll be better on a weekday...

Getting a good LD from a Russian is like winning lotto. They tease you with dreams of grandeur only to be rudely awaken after a 4 minute tease. But silly me... I keep pursuing that elusive dream and end up buying LD's from Russian dancers, only to be disappointed time after time. However, there was one Russian dancer that teased by giving a very light grind. Little did she know that I really like it that way and I ended up finishing during the third song. If she knew I liked being teased, I'm sure her LD would have been rough and tough!
How true!!!!!