Best Pizza in NYC (Queens, Brooklyn, Bx, Manhattan, SI and Long Island)

mumsamumsa said:
yeah...yeah..brick oven...place...fancy chef making a nice pie.

more of sit down place than grab a slice.

Manettas of Long Island City is really good for this type of pizza.
Yes, overall the food at Manetta's is very good, nice family owned place. They have great food but the brick over pizza there is fantastic. I don't know anymore but they used to have this lemon mousse cake by the slice from Bindi I just can't find anywhere else (truly my all time favorite dessert).

I personally like Brother's pizza off of exit 25 on LI expressway (a couple of blocks from Bagel Oasis). The same guy is still there from when I was a kid. Very tradition grab a slice and go place.

justlooking said:
You know why emily likes pizza places?

Cuz what do you see a lot of, hanging out in them?

Fat guys.
I think your obsessed with the thought that I am obsessed with robust men which is totally riduclous. Am I permitted to ever participate on this board again without you shadowing me. I am going to add something about my schedule to my thread now if that's okay with you "justlooking".

ShelbySmoked101 said:
Dee's moved to a much larger space on Metropolitan Ave, close to NE corner of Ascan Ave.

Names, locations? I'll check out those that I haven't been to already.

If you like Dee's style then I can't help you. If you want great NY style pizza go to AJ's on Austin street (71rd or dr). Sals on Jamacia ave (81st). Rosa's on metro (75st/middle village).... can't recall the name of the last one, but it's in Forest Hills Gardens on 69th ave and Ingram or Kessel St across from Chuck Shummers house (if you know where that is). I got busted in that hood speeding on my mountain bike last year so be careful on those 15 mph speed limit streets. And Dani's House of Pizza on Lefferts and 118st near the Kew Gardens LIRR stop.

Last edited:
Actually 118 st becomes 83 ave near Lefferts. But if you can't find Dani's give up cause it's a landmark in that area. And if that fails walk across the street to the Homestead deli. Been there 130 years or some shit like that. Best German style Deli in Queens.... and in a strictly Jewish area no less. And if Nazi food ain't your style.... while on Ozzy's food tour of Queens, go straight up 83 ave to Metro and on the corner is Golden Fountain Chinese.... best Chinese take out........... period. You won't find fried chicken wings in this place. Chinese like it came out of a basement dump on Mott and Pell streets . I have them pack an order in dry ice and fed-ex it to me once every other week.

fairemily said:
I think your obsessed with the thought that I am obsessed with robust men which is totally riduclous. Am I permitted to ever participate on this board again without you shadowing me. I am going to add something about my schedule to my thread now if that's okay with you "justlooking".
I can guaranty you that you can post anywhere on the "Politics and Religion" board without any fear of any response from me.

Ozzy said:
And if Nazi food ain't your style.... while on Ozzy's food tour of Queens, go straight up 83 ave to Metro and on the corner is Golden Fountain Chinese.... best Chinese take out........... period.
Ozzy,
What's 'Metro'? 83rd Ave. and Metropolitan Avenue? What is that, Kew Gardens? What specifically is good there? I'm not that familiar with the area. This sounds good, though.

Metropolitan and 83ave (or 118 st if you cross the street)... Kew Gardens. Lefferts and 83 ave is the "old village". A few out of the way places worth visiting if your near the Boro Hall on Queens Blvd.

Lots of great eateries about a 1/2 mile west of Kew Gardens along Metropolitan ave between 69ave and Ascan ave (73 ave).... this would be considered Forest Hills. There's at least a half dozen good Zagat rated places. Tutu Bene's, Alberto's, Chalet Alpina just to name a few. Olivia Bistro was good but they closed and Dee's is there now. Also a slew of Peruvian places have opened up along that strip, the one on the south side and 70rd (or ave) being the best. Tutu Bene is probably the best Italian restaurant in Queens with the exception of the Park Side in Corona which is on Corona ave and 108 st on the same tri corner as the Lemon Ice King. Just look for the lights in the trees cause it's kindof hidden. Go on a thrusday cause it's oso buco night and during the summer you can take in the old mafiosa playing bocceball from the windows of the garden room. Another great Italian place is Cara Mia but thats out on 220st and Hillside ave and you have to drive thru shit to get there. A little closer is Abbracciamento's on Woodhaven and 63dr in rego Park.... but not as good as it's original mafia hangout at the Canarsie pier.

Ozzy said:
Go on a thrusday cause it's oso buco night and during the summer you can take in the old mafiosa playing bocceball from the windows of the garden room.
It's a shame the Corona Heights Pork Store across the street closed, though. Best chicken parm in the city.

I'll eat just about anywhere... but I've taken Bender to one or two, and Gabby to all those places and she liked them, so I'll bow to her vastly more experienced opinions since she's the chef who would know.

Mr. Wet Wooly said:
It's a shame the Corona Heights Pork Store across the street closed, though. Best chicken parm in the city.

Chick parm is a waste.... Proccutte, hot cappy, arecchio provalone, roasted peppers and garlic with oil... on a semolina hero..... fucking perfect. That shit would drip down my arm while I sat watching the bocceball games.

There's another on on that same block... not as good but...

Try Sapienza in Ozone Park 101 ave and 80st?.... Next door was Palagonia breads (if it's still there)... best semolina there is. Also in ozone Park closer to Gotti's old hood on 101 ave and 102 st across from the big church there's Furcci's, an Italian deli smaller but way way better than Ragtime in howard beach, and right next door is a great pork store.... just can't think of the name right now.

Last edited:
Mr. Wet Wooly said:
was that the place where the lady would make the chicken parm fresh and dip the whole thing into the tomato sauce? i saw a show on tv that showed such a place. if it isn't this pork store, does anyone know what place i'm taking about?

Mr. Wet Wooly said:

that old lady was a saint, cant remember her name. She was a joy to see and would offer free samples of anything. The fresh mozzarell was liquid gold.

Her fresh heros were amazing even though the wait was long. They made them fresh in the back.

Why did they get shutdown, anyone got the scoop? Her daughter was always in there with her, I thought she would take over.

Mama's is still on 104 but CHPS was a nice treat, I dont if better than Mama's as far as mossarell or heros?

Mr. Wet Wooly said:
Procutte, Genoa salami, soprassata, mozzarella, Virginia ham, provelone, oil.

I forgot the soprassata... would have been a crappy sandwich without that.

And whats with the virginia ham...... If I told Vito at Sapienza to throw that on he'd kick me out of his place. Matter of fact I don't even think they stock virginia ham in most good Italian pork stores.

btw... go down to 47th ave and 104 st in Corona and you'll find a real good pork store. Great Pizza too... just can't recall the names. But they're the only places on that residential block.