Best Pizza in NYC (Queens, Brooklyn, Bx, Manhattan, SI and Long Island)

My vote goes out to A&J Pizza right on Austin Street and near continental ave (71 rd). Moved there from flushing years ago and although the food is expensive, their pizza is pretty damn good. They have a ton of different ones to pick from.

I always go for their old fashioned style slice called a grandma slice. Tastes amazing and looks great when its fresh outta the oven!

JIMYDR said:
Lombardis on Spring Strret in NYC, NUMBER 1!!!!!!!!!!
The problem with this place is that they don't sell single slices, and yes they were the first pizzera in America, and in fact the entire new world.

The History Channel had a whole segment on this place.

Mr. Wet Wooly said:
Dom is the best. No brick ovens, no fancy toppings, no stupid Long Island address, no 'Since 1918' gimmick, none of that bullshit. God bless him. He grows his own spices and artichokes and does everything by hand. He moves like mollasses and it takes two hours to get a pizza, but there's a reason for the wait. Go and see him now and put in a order. You'll be hungry in two hours.
DITTO.

Last edited:
elmo16 said:
The problem with this place is that they don't sell single slices, and yes they were the first pizzera in America, and in fact the entire new world.

The History Channel had a whole segment on this place.
The problem with this place is that they used to be good and now they suck. Go there if you want to buy a name instead of some pizza.

DiFara's is probably the best I have had....Grimaldi's is very good to..different. DiFara's simply has incredible flavor. Too bad the wait is so long usually. Talk about old word cooking.. he does it all by himself.

licker9 said:
My vote goes out to A&J Pizza right on Austin Street and near continental ave (71 rd). Moved there from flushing years ago and although the food is expensive, their pizza is pretty damn good. They have a ton of different ones to pick from.

I always go for their old fashioned style slice called a grandma slice. Tastes amazing and looks great when its fresh outta the oven!

AJ has been on Austin street at least 20-25 years. The place is also a lot bigger than back in the 80's.

neilz said:
Romano's on Cross Bay Blvd. Howard beach. It is accross the street from New Park pizza.
I hate New Park and went into Romano's. Great pizza with homemade sauce.

I think you mean Romeo's? Too bad Pizza City was replaced by a strip mall.... or was that the Big BowWow? Anyway... ones a strip mall and the other is a crappy Italian dump.

But you're right about New Park.... their pizza is like cardboard and they use crappy cheese. The only reason why it's still there is because of it's [unofficial] landmark status as the place where a bunch of privileged wops chased some black guys with baseball bats. Although most home owners credit the Howard Beach incident as the best thing for their real estate value in that area. It's still a predominantly Italian area 25 years later while the rest of the surrounding areas have all gone to shit since.

Actually I thought pizza tasted best with that old fashioned grape or orange drink they used to have in those cooler/dispensers on the counter. I haven't seen one of those in more than a decade. Now the closest thing is the snapple grape drink.

But really.... the best pizza is always a well done pizza. If it's not cooked all the way it sucks everytime. Even a not so good pizza is better when its fully cooked with a crunchy crust. Whenever I had to order take out or dare I mention it... Domino's (usually during a card game)... I always gave instructions to skip their 30 minute delivery guarantee time and burn the shit out of that pizza. A few times that delivery guy showed up in 20 minutes and without even opening the box, sent him back to finish cooking the pizza.

Last edited:
Actually I always liked hot dogs with Nedicks Orange drink. There was nothing special about Nedicks hot dogs except for the Orange drink. The square buns and spicy brown mustard also helped, but it was the Orange drink that made their hot dogs special. Now I like hot dogs with beer, hell I like beer with beer.

UG royalty... I don't think so.

In case you didn't know, there's only one hierarchy in this castle and it ain't me.

And if there's one thing everyone here can tell you I'm certainly not it's 'pollyanna' (with two L's jerkoff)