What's Your Poison?

madvex said:
SNIP....
For mixing I like a spalsh of cranberry with some Finlandia or some Sobe Adrenaline Rush is a decent mixer too even with Absolut - the speed-ball for alcoholics. :) SNIP....
QUOTE]

why waste perfectly good vodka that should be drunk straight up chilled in the freezer by mixing it with something else. you could save alot of money by ordering well liquor rather than top shelf. no one can tell the difference.

redleg609 said:
madvex said:
SNIP....
For mixing I like a spalsh of cranberry with some Finlandia or some Sobe Adrenaline Rush is a decent mixer too even with Absolut - the speed-ball for alcoholics. :) SNIP....
QUOTE]

why waste perfectly good vodka that should be drunk straight up chilled in the freezer by mixing it with something else. you could save alot of money by ordering well liquor rather than top shelf. no one can tell the difference.
I agree. I like my vodka up too. There are those here that think that vodka has no taste. I don't get that. I love the taste of vodka...that is why I was talking about 3. It has an awesome taste straight up.

Last edited:
Vodka: Absolut or Sky, rocks, twist, or Martini; Shaken, not stirred, no olive, but a twist is fine.

Scotch: I agree with the above poster who suggested Johnny Walker Green, it is probably one of the better blended.

Sinlge Malts: My favorite: Balvenie Portwood 21 http://www.thebalvenie.com/range/portwood_21yo.html
In Brandy Snifter.

Lagavulin is too medicinal for me, but you can get it easily in NY.

Another Favorite is The Glenmorangie family. The Poortwood and Sherrywood finishes are supurb.

justme

homo economicus
redleg609 said:
Impurities in cheap vodka creating bigger hangovers is why.

Last edited:
Top shelf vodkas should be frozen and drank straight up and very cold, they are very smooth that way, Evene in my Martini's the bottle is taken from the freezer along with the glass and poured and a few olives added, flavored or stuffed olives are good, I wave the bottle of vermouth over the glass and that's my idea of the perfect martini.

when I mix vodka with 7up at home I use Gordon's. Two reasons, 1st cheap and smooth, when I order out I order absolute and 7 , otherwise you will end up with Leeds or someother rubbing alcohol like brand.

Vodka is the only hard liquor that I can drink alot of and still function.

Although as I mentioned in previous posts I like Johnny Walker Blue on special occasions and have been getting into Jim Beam Black lately this week.

Then again a nice Margarita ain't bad in the summer time either.

Red wines with a good meal can't be beat

Truth

Arbeit Macht Frei
aahhhhhh the memories .....

justme said:
What's the level of "impurities" in a 40 oz bottle of Crazy Horse that's being passed around 4 people (in the opposite direction that the blunt is being passed around) who are cruising the city in a '85 Sentra in the middle of winter?

Maybe, but

justme said:
see http://bmj.bmj****nals.com/cgi/content/full/314/7073/2 sorry for the **** it's j o u r, not thats a double j 'bmjj o u r'

Congeners–complex organic molecules such as polyphenols, higher alcohols including methanol, and histamine, which occur in varying amounts in ethanolic drinks–are probably more to blame than ethanol. Chapman found that hangover symptoms were almost twice as common in volunteers who drank 1.5 ml/kg of bourbon whiskey–which has methanol concentrations of 260 mg/l–as in those drinking the same dose of vodka (0.039 mg of methanol per litre).5 Pawan compared the hangover produced by different types of drink (but only one brand of each) in his study of 20 volunteers. severity of hangover symptoms declined in the order of brandy, red wine, rum, whisky, white wine, gin, vodka, and pure ethanol.6 Vodka and pure ethanol caused only mild headaches in two volunteers. [Bold added.]

Truth said:
What's the level of "impurities" in a 40 oz bottle of Crazy Horse that's being passed around 4 people (in the opposite direction that the blunt is being passed around) who are cruising the city in a '85 Sentra in the middle of winter?

Well-If you nigger-lip your blunts, chances are there's also
a little backwash in that 40 oz. Get yourself some Magic Hat #9
and a vaporizer.

justme

homo economicus
Truth said:
I'd reckon probably less than the impurity levels of the passers.

justme

homo economicus
redleg609 said:
see http://bmj.bmj****nals.com/cgi/content/full/314/7073/2 sorry for the **** it's j o u r, not thats a double j 'bmjj o u r'

Congeners–complex organic molecules such as polyphenols, higher alcohols including methanol, and histamine, which occur in varying amounts in ethanolic drinks–are probably more to blame than ethanol.
Yeah, that's what I was talking about. I seem to remember that 'cheaper' vodkas have higher amounts of those kinds of molecules (I called them 'impurities') that I believe are left over from the fermenting process and not removed in distillation. But I could be wrong.

Either way, I'll get a bigger headache from drinking well vodka all night than I will from drinking top shelf.

justme

homo economicus
What kind of fucktard would suggest that I dilute my Woodford or Jamesons to avoid looking like someone who drinks too much?

And anyone who tries to take the peperoncini out of my favorite bloody mary because it's excessive garnish better be ready to prove their superior masculinity on the spot - especially if I ordered the drink to grab hold of the hair of the dog.

I'm not even going to mention again what I think of anyone who considers vodka an appropriate ingredient for a "martini".

that's easy...

After work.. Stella with a shot of bookers.

Just relaxing.. Blackbush on the rocks, and good company.

With family.. 6-12 dollar bottles of Merlot

Getting plowed on a diet.. Greygoose and soda (pint glasses) :)

Last edited:
The only good Martini is a Vodka Martini :) Grey Goose.

I also have been into Scotch lately single malt --Balvenie 12, 15, 17, and all time smoothness 21