MLB Hot Stove 2022-2023 discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y
Again I know why $$$ But you would think he would "also" want to win & Win Championships" just a little more. And I know there are many factors involved. But if you look at it solely from that POV. The Rangers, well they just aren't that good. And have a MUCH worse history of losing or mediocrity than NY and on a personal note. He goes from a top 5 Pitcher friendly park to a bottom 15. Wasn't there any validity at all to reports of either LA or SD or any other more competitive team making a solid offer??The deal from Texas is Really for more years Not more AAV. Mets deal was 40 per. Rangers was 37 per. He could have bet on himself to Dominate in a Pitcher friendly park for 3 more years and still get another 3/4 year deal at age 36 when the big $$ starts rolling in to MLB. He could have looked at 50 per from 2026 through 2030.
Yes but he would have bet on himself...and probably lost. Never would get 50 mil per in 2026.. lol. The way he gets hurt he won't be pitching by then.

Gallegos ERA's since trade:
2019 - 2.31
2020 - 3.60
2021 - 3.02 / 14 saves
2022 - 3.05 / 15 saves

He has averaged appearing in 68 games over those years.
A nice dependable arm on the cheap. Voit fell off a cliff after the 2020 half season. I guess this just circles back to my utter disdain for Cashman.

That Montas deal, FML. All those arms we gave up could have been pieces to try and land Reynolds. We didn't need a pitcher last year, pitching wasn't our problem, hitting was, and will be again this season.

Dominguez in the lineup tomorrow.

Just so you guys know - Saturday's Yankee spring training game will be on YES.
looking at Newsday today - looks like the Yankee game won’t be broadcast tomorrow. What idiots! Mets game will be on though. I bet they will be broadcasting some stupid soccer game or they will show Bull Durham for the millionth time

Gallegos ERA's since trade:
2019 - 2.31
2020 - 3.60
2021 - 3.02 / 14 saves
2022 - 3.05 / 15 saves

He has averaged appearing in 68 games over those years.
A nice dependable arm on the cheap. Voit fell off a cliff after the 2020 half season. I guess this just circles back to my utter disdain for Cashman.

That Montas deal, FML. All those arms we gave up could have been pieces to try and land Reynolds. We didn't need a pitcher last year, pitching wasn't our problem, hitting was, and will be again this season.

Dominguez in the lineup tomorrow.
Yeah, That Montas deal probably should have cost Cashman his job. The same could be said about not resigning Beni and leaving us without a quality left fielder.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Dominguez homered today.
He signed when he was 16.
Missed the COVID season because there was no minor league season.
The next one year he hit like something like .268 in his first professional season as an 18 year old and someone here called him a bust.

So I guess by your guys standards at 20 he is attempting a come back?

Status
Not open for further replies.