2019 Yankees

He was originally drafted by the Yankees but he wanted to go to college. That doesn't mean he didn't want to come here. Then the Pirates traded him to Houston. This kid grew up a Yankee fan. His dad is from NY and raised his kid as a Yankee fan. I have been against every huge contract (except CC). Sometimes you have to make a move to get a championship. I would do 6 years and $30 mill to get him. With Cole on our staff we instantly become the favorites. Yes it is a gamble but you have to do it. If California wants to pay $40 mill for 8 years then he can go. AND ... I won't call the Yankees cheap. I am the last guy for reckless spending. I was thrilled that they did not give Cano that contract. BUT .... this guy is a difference maker and there is NOBODY else available.
I agree, Yanks offer someone like him, the most they would go, if he goes somewhere for more, so be it. As I mentioned before, even though I dont like the Yanks, I would never ever call them cheap. They have just changed their payroll structure. Yanks are far from out of this series.

Only DJ, Judge and Torres are hitting. I can understand not hitting Cole ... but their bullpen is not that great and the Yanks can't do anythign against ANY of their pitchers. Horrible! Unacceptable. Many players are getting themselves labeled as not big game players.

Barring a miracle, this series will be remembered for their inability to hit with runs in scoring position. They had Greinke on the ropes twice last night and failed to capitalize. The Cole game was another that we could have won as he did not bring his A game walking five.

Let's hope for a win tonight and take our chances in Houston.

Only DJ, Judge and Torres are hitting. I can understand not hitting Cole ... but their bullpen is not that great and the Yanks can't do anythign against ANY of their pitchers. Horrible! Unacceptable. Many players are getting themselves labeled as not big game players.
Their bullpen looked good this series.

Probably win another 100+ games again next season beating up on alot of bad baseball teams with bad pitching. That works in a long regular season obviously not in the playoffs.

So far, looks like they were a very good regular season team.

If I were the manager, I would consider playing Austin Romine tonight and replace Stanton with Encarnacion. I didn't like Stanton's at bats last night and would not play him if he was hurt.

Domingo German's suspension really hurts the team right now.

Houston offense is batting .178 this series yet are up 3 games to 2. The Yanks aren't much better at .198.

Both teams OBP is .275.

Goes to show how evenly matched offensively this series has been.

On paper and logically thinking - Yankees bullpen is better than HOuston's. We should win this game. I want a game 7 and I want another crack at Cole. Tonight is a huge test for Sanchez. If he stinks up the joint again I think you have to try Romine. At least you will have better defense and you can't do worse than an 0-4 which is what you are getting from Sanchez.

billyS

Reign of Terror
They should have won this series. I can tell you that in no way should we pick up Encarnacion's option. He is NOT worth $20 mill.
No, replace could with should and I'd agree with you. The Astros were the favorite, the better team and the better team won
I was hoping the Yankees could have pulled it off but the Astros played up to the best of their ability.
Sometimes you just have to be a man and tip your hat to the other team and admit you got beat.
True the Yankees had their chances but didn't come through.
Not sure if this young core of Judge/Torres/Sanchez will ever match the Jeter/Mo/Pettitte teams but they need to step in the clutch.
They will always be contenders but will they ever go all the way? The potential is there.
Agree about Encarnarcion.