2019 Yankees

Well you gotta take into account - our pitching actually held that team to just 2 runs over 10 innings (19 innings actually), it just wound up being one of those games that the last team up was going to win. I would bet the Yankees probably would have also scored next inning with how close they kept coming, and how depleted both teams' pitching was getting.

A glass half empty kind of guy.
Reminds me of a caller that used to call into the fan. Jerome from the Bronx..
I had more issues with Happ.
Jerome died. I met him several times. Yanks could win 9 games in a row, Lose the next game and he would call up screaming how the are dead, they suck, no pitching etc. Francesa hated that guy.

billyS

Reign of Terror
They MUST sign him?
They've tried before and he didn't want to come here.
Yes it would be nice to get him but don't get all bent out of shape if they can't. He might want to go home to So Cal.
Also he just had a career year. I'm always leery of guys who's career year coincidences with their Free Agent walk year.
But yeah, uh huh, I'd love to add him to the rotation.
Just don't get all bent out of shape come February when he signs with the Angels for $40 million a year for 8 years and then call the Yankees cheap.

He was originally drafted by the Yankees but he wanted to go to college. That doesn't mean he didn't want to come here. Then the Pirates traded him to Houston. This kid grew up a Yankee fan. His dad is from NY and raised his kid as a Yankee fan. I have been against every huge contract (except CC). Sometimes you have to make a move to get a championship. I would do 6 years and $30 mill to get him. With Cole on our staff we instantly become the favorites. Yes it is a gamble but you have to do it. If California wants to pay $40 mill for 8 years then he can go. AND ... I won't call the Yankees cheap. I am the last guy for reckless spending. I was thrilled that they did not give Cano that contract. BUT .... this guy is a difference maker and there is NOBODY else available.

Stanton is a very good player - the problem is he is paid as one of the game's best. He is also very injury prone. He also sucks in the postseason. He is on my shit list.
He's been decent in the post season. They did not lose a game in the post season with him in the line up.

He will always be injury prone which will be a hindrance for the Yankees.

I hope that Cole goes to the Angels. We can beat the Astros next year.

There are some interesting pitchers on next year's market outside of Cole.

Hyun Jin Ryu from the Dodgers would be an interesting signing. I would look into signing Wheeler and Strasburg who has a player option.

Then there's MadBum.

I hope that Cole goes to the Angels. We can beat the Astros next year.

There are some interesting pitchers on next year's market outside of Cole.

Hyun Jin Ryu from the Dodgers would be an interesting signing. I would look into signing Wheeler and Strasburg who has a player option.

Then there's MadBum.
I think the Yankees will sign him my friend is a yankee insider and he told me cashman and hank are just focused on Cole this offseason.