2019 Yankees

As a Mets fan i am amazed by the criticism leveled at Brian Cashman. Do any of you really think he didn't attempt to pick up a quality starter before the trading deadline. I know that the Mets wanted andujar or torres plus at least 2 other prospects for either syndergaard or wheeler. What do you think the giants wanted for Bumgarner? And on top of that you have the nerve to criticize their bullpen which is acknowledged to be the deepest in all of baseball!?
Why don't you just congratulate them on a 103 victory season? And adopt a motto used by fans of 27 other teams whose season is over: Wait til Next Year!
It doesnt matter that he tried. He didnt get it done.

So you wanted to play Ford, Maybien and Romine?
Maybin actually was on the roster and played (he hit a HR) but I'm not a huge Maybin fan, and yes, I knew going in that Romine would be better defensively than Sanchez and after seeing Sanchez looking like Stanton in his AB's he should have been playing since he always hits the ball, Tauchman I think was available by the ALCS and would rather have him on the roster than injured (or healthy) Stanton, Ford would be a great backup for Lemahieu at first or to move Lemahieu to third to get Ford AB's instead of Urshela if he wasn't hitting (which he wasn't). Like I said, those are the guys who got you there.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Maybin actually was on the roster and played (he hit a HR) but I'm not a huge Maybin fan, and yes, I knew going in that Romine would be better defensively than Sanchez and after seeing Sanchez looking like Stanton in his AB's he should have been playing since he always hits the ball, Tauchman I think was available by the ALCS and would rather have him on the roster than injured (or healthy) Stanton, Ford would be a great backup for Lemahieu at first or to move Lemahieu to third to get Ford AB's instead of Urshela if he wasn't hitting (which he wasn't). Like I said, those are the guys who got you there.
Unfortunately Tauchman wasn't available. His calf wasn't healed.

billyS

Reign of Terror
My Post had an article about Yanks going after Francisco Lindor.
That was just a writers suggestion.
A wet dream.
First off Cashman would never mention a player by name he was interested in because it's considered tampering.
That said I read the same article online. It was the writer saying what the Yankees should do. Just filling a column. No different and about as valid as what LiSteve suggests the Yankees should do.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I guess my problem is that I see the Yankees winning the division easily but deep down I know they will lose to those douchebag Astros whose pitchers are much better than ours. Pitching wins in the postseason.
So according to your post you saw the Astros as the favorites because of their pitching.
But now the Yankees choked?
How do underdogs choke if they are not expected to win?

Fake news maybe? Wtf is clutchpoint.com
They have the scoop on ESPN and Mlb?
Per Cashman, Tauchman was ready and would be available if they advanced to the WS. He may have been added to the roster had they shelved Stanton for remainder of ALCS.

What does it matter, season is over and the majority of the team "spit the bit" like Dave did in '81. No clutch hitting, sans DJ and Gleybor, and a ton of strikeouts, just like the last 2 playoff losses.

So according to your post you saw the Astros as the favorites because of their pitching.
But now the Yankees choked?
How do underdogs choke if they are not expected to win?
Verlander and Cole are better than the Yankees starters. HOWEVER .... THEY DID NOT LOSE BECAUSE OF PITCHING! They beat Verlander one game, the other start Verlander made he left with the game tied and Cole won his one start. If you were told at the start of the series these results, you would have thought that we would have won the ALCS. That being said .... When I said that ... the Astros did have better starting pitching ... but Paxton turned it around, We got Severino back and Tanaka turned it on at the right time. We lost due to hitters coming up small in the big moments. Are you suggesting that the Yankees lost because of pitching?

Disappointing Yes !
I had a great summer looking forward to their games.
Ya gotta get all the breaks, injuries umpires and of course PITCHING and Hitting and good luck !
Tho umpires less with instant replay. Not so with the NFL not that's really disappointing.