2019 Yankees

2 Hits through 5 innings for Yanks.
Being patient and smart are fine, but sometimes you have to throw caution to the wind and take a chance. This team has NO SHOT currently constructed to win a WS this season. THAT is SOLELY on Cashman and ownership. I still say that Stanton deal handcuffs them in there thinking and what they can do.

Fucking Joke

I would take Hank at this point. Cashman is not a good pitcher evaluator, he hasn't landed an ace since CC.

Don't sleep on Sanchez or Biagini who the Astro's also picked up. Biagini has a funky delivery, and Sanchez is a project that I am sure could be fixed in Houston. Guy won 18 games 2-3 years ago and is young.

Oakland made moves, Cleveland got the bats they needed, Minnesota strengthened their pen, Nats and Braves strengthened their pens.

St Louis, Boston, Yanks, Dodgers did nothing.

At this point they better bring up Frazier, let him DH. DJ and Encarnacion can split time at 1b.

Not even a bullpen piece, yikes. Hope they think Sevs and Betances are going to be healthy.

The same Grienke who when with the Dodgers couldn't get past the Wild Card Mets.
Granted it was the biggest signing, but the guys on MLB network were acting as if the Astros signed Bob Gibson.

Should the Yankees get to the ALCS and split the first two with the Astros, I'm not going to be scared of Greinke. Hopefully that game would be in the Bronx where he has never had much success in his career.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Granted it was the biggest signing, but the guys on MLB network were acting as if the Astros signed Bob Gibson.

Should the Yankees get to the ALCS and split the first two with the Astros, I'm not going to be scared of Greinke. Hopefully that game would be in the Bronx where he has never had much success in his career.
And if the fans get on him good in the bullpen while he warms up he might shit his pants!

What 3 starters are matching up with the Astro's in that series?Tanaka,Paxton and German? Really?

In 11 post-season starts, Greinke has 67 IP and a 4.03 ERA. Not terrible, but not great either. He's never pitched in an LCS. If we see them in October I'm sure Houston would do everything in their power to have him pitch in Houston and avoid starting him in the Bronx.

Yankees right now have to hope the pitchers out with injuries come back as the reincarnation of Cy Young to have any shot of getting to the World Series. I hate to say it at this point but baring injury catastrophes, Houston should have no trouble getting through the AL in October.

I guess what the Yankees wanted wasn't out there and what was there the price was too high. Arizona wanted Frazier and THREE players for Robbie Ray...Yanks have like 3 "Robbie Rays" already .And the Mets were looking to flip Stroman to the Yankees. They traded a bag of balls for him and they wanted Florial and Garcia from the yanks(yeah ok lol).Guess looking back Corbin was the guy that they should have signed.He wanted to come here and it would only cost $$ no players. Can't be pissed about Grienke cause he hadf no trade clause and Yanks were on his "no" list.

"A horse a horse! My kingdom for a horse!"

George would have overreacted and traded away too much for too little. He was was great at spending money but terrible at holding onto young talent. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough for some .250/20 HR middling outfield talent.

I don't understand why the Yankees weren't more aggressive in going after a guy like Dallas Keuchel in the off-season, or during the season whenever the period expired whereby they wouldn't have given up any draft picks to sign him. Starting pitching had been a weak point all along.

We have so much young talent and have harvested a lot more in our farm system. This is good. But there isn't room for all of them, and it seemed like a great time to trade some of these pieces to fill shortages, but unfortunately the market didn't have anything available.

I would've liked Stroman, but Toronto wasn't going to gift him to a division rival. Bauer & Grienke are both nice pitchers, but I wouldn't want either on this team. MadBum is an ace
that could've helped. Cashman should've struck earlier when the Giants were floundering in June, but then again, we don't know how willing they would have been to have dealt such a prized possession so early in the season.

Sucks to see Houston get better, but who should the Yankees have realistically traded for? There was much there for them.

They weren't trading top prospects for another sonny gray. they wanted an ace but none were available.

American league teams that are close to being good, aren't trading good players to help the Yanks.
That's what happens when good most years.

We have so much young talent and have harvested a lot more in our farm system. This is good. But there isn't room for all of them, and it seemed like a great time to trade some of these pieces to fill shortages, but unfortunately the market didn't have anything available.
The farm system has been downgraded in recent years however we are loaded at the Rookie and A leagues so that ranking can change after the year is over.

billyS

Reign of Terror
The farm system has been downgraded in recent years however we are loaded at the Rookie and A leagues so that ranking can change after the year is over.
Mainly because guys have graduated to the majors like Judge and Torres.
Another thing Cashman does is trade guys who would have to be added to the 40 man roster over the winter or be exposed in the Rule 5 draft for prospects that don't have as much time.
Glad they didn't trade Floria, I really like his tools, I'd love to see him get the rest of this year, maybe the Arizona Fall League and then a full injury free year at AA next year.