Women...

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
!*#*#!...shaking my head...!*##*!

I do understand how some people would strictly stay with providers. The fairer sex is definitely from another planet. I am definitely not a saint, but I am not THAT difficult to be in a relationship with. But women...man...why the drama? What's wrong with drinking with the boys? Damn, I just started dating this chick and I am getting the "where are you?" phone calls. Comments like these from my little friend are also a topper: "I want you to call me when you get home...".

I don't want a mother.

Another thing I love is the "I'm mad at you so I'm not going to answer your phone calls." You want to f*cking play that game? Just wait...by the way, the girl that you can't stand and told me to "stay away from" called me before I saw you last night and something tells me she didn't just want to chit-chat...go ahead...play your little game. At 33, I'm too old for it...

!@##@!...on a slow burn......................

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Why are you so hostile? I'm sure after she did something beyond contempt and tremendously hurtfull to you, she said "oops, sorry". Doesn't that make it all ok? I'm sure the next time she does something hurtfull to you she'll say "Im sorry" again. Isn't that enough for you? What do you expect? For her to actually not do needlessly hurtful things to you? Why would she do that when it's easier to do what she feels like with no regard for your feelings and simply absolve herself by simply saying "I'm sorry"?

Oh, but don't try the same thing: if you do it, you're doing it on purpose and you're evil, and she'll hold it over you for at least a decade.

http://sounds.wavcentral.com/movies/good_gets/reason.mp3

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
As for the attached wav file, truly a classic line. So true...

For the last two years, I have gone on and on about ex's, gfs, girls I target, etc. I leave them after I can't put up with the drama, but sometimes I wonder if it is me. There are a few UG guys I hang out with and, as slinky's post indicates, have very similar feelings.

Then I look at my non UG friends. I was out with two of them last night. Brought them to the Queens "dollar a dance" scene and they had a blast. But, their significant others were both out of town, hence not worrying about hanging out. My married friends all complain...there are two bachelors amoung us and the married guys tell us to hold out as long as possible.

Is that what it comes down to? Getting married to someone that can get away with doing/saying hurtful things and get away with it. Even make you out to look like the bad guy while they are doing it to you? One of my boys is married for a little over a year and the shit he puts up with, I would have deep-sixed her LOOONG ago. She doesn't cheat, just bitches while he pays the bills.

Damn...paying the bills. Now that's another topic. One of the guys I hung with last night live in a posh LI town. Owns property in Queens. (For those guys that have hung with me, this guy is absolutely UG approved.) He was a legend in Woodside, Sunnyside in the 90s and then...he got married. The girl he married is disliked by all. Is a plain-jane. A nag. And doesn't do a g*d-damned thing. Worked as a secretary and when they bought the big house, quit work all together and lounges, while my boy works...

Then there is the couple that got married young. Yeah, he had a military committment to fulfill and they traveled and bounced around the country for 5 years. But, he completed a law degree and is finally on his way. Parents set him and his wife (first generation mexican from the southside of Chicago) with a house in a big midwest city. What happens? After two kids and the new house, my friend finds *****s to another guy...complaining about how she hates her life and making plans to meet. Ugh...

Another friend married his first girlfriend. He was dating her since he was 15. Been married for 6 years. He stays in shape, makes a ton of loot trouble shooting computers. She teaches in a Catholic school, so she makes a little cash, but still...she must weight 180 lbs. Cottage cheese thighs and all...no kids, just let herself go.

Another guy took a page out of the gavy handbook and started dating a 24 year old coworker. She's Greek, so anyone who knows the culture knows that drama goes hand in hand with it. Now she is pestering him to move in. He gave her the keys. He shows up and sometimes she's there already. Lives at home with the folks and is saying that he has to make her "respectable". Her old man called my friend up and said the same thing. Prefaced the conversation with something along the lines, "I allow my daughter to date you even though you are not Greek..." Well, fuck you then. G*d damn, what a fucking horror show...

This is what it comes down to? Settling? Being afraid to be alone? Fuck...I won't do it. Putting up with nonsense? Not fucking me...no way...

Gavy

Remember "City Slickers"? Where Curly sticks his finger in the air for the answer to the secret of life? ..... "One thing"?

Well, I think the secret to a long lasting relationship is one thing: it's not great sex...... it's finding someone who honestly cares about you. Not your job, not your money, not your car, not how big your dick is or even how good you kiss of fuck. And that's the problem with all these relationships you talk about: the girl never honestly cared for him. If you really, really have that, then almost all of the other stuff can get ironed out one way or another, and if you don't have that, then eventually some minor bump in the road will bevome some major bullshit out of no where.

Part of the problem is that lots of girls (and guys) just are not capable of that: either culturally, from thier past experience, whatever. They just can't care enough about someone else/they are too caught up in themselves (both men and women).

The million dollar question for me is that can you have the a great relationship (which I do, attractive wife, good sex life and love) and yet still hobby? I say "yes". What appears as a contradiction is really that all relationships go through periods of monotony (no one's fault) and hobbying can give a rush that you can only find in few other activities.

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
opps...

I guess the premise for starting this thread turns out that, yes, I was indeed the asshole on Saturday night. My bad...I don't want to talk about it...

Gavy

everyone gets sick of everyone else after a while. i know that personally, i'm waaaaaaaaaay too fucking selfish and thoughtless to ever really have a long term relationship. can't even think of living with someone else. ewwwwwwww. me, the dog and some skanky ho every now and then works just fine.

Just not the right one yet.

Gavy,
I think that what you need is a girl that wouldn't mind you hangging out with your friend(s). In fact, most of these problems that you described were caused by the SO feeling insecure. The majority of the world's population is very insecure, hence they don't trust what the SO would do in their absence. Well, it is not easy and might take a real long time to find that right SO if it happens at all. It is a real bitch to deal with someone that is insecure.
Good luck.

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
krzys99 said:
Gavy,
I think that what you need is a girl that wouldn't mind you hangging out with your friend(s). In fact, most of these problems that you described were caused by the SO feeling insecure. The majority of the world's population is very insecure, hence they don't trust what the SO would do in their absence. Well, it is not easy and might take a real long time to find that right SO if it happens at all. It is a real bitch to deal with someone that is insecure.
Good luck.

Nice words, krzys...I just like to rant sometimes. Tell you the truth, I kind of like being alone and would mind going back into a sort of "booty call" situation where I could hook up with a chick 5 or 6 times a month.

Gavy

justme

homo economicus
UG Staff said:
Part of the problem is that lots of girls (and guys) just are not capable of that: either culturally, from thier past experience, whatever. They just can't care enough about someone else/they are too caught up in themselves (both men and women).
Narcissism prevails.

gavycrav said:

What's wrong with drinking with the boys? Damn, I just started dating this chick and I am getting the "where are you?" phone calls.
Question....

What were you doing when you met this chick?

If your answer is "drinking with the boys"... then nuff said.

<Lacy>

Double Super Secret Moderator and UG Shillatrix
gavycrav said:

I do understand how some people would strictly stay with providers. The fairer sex is definitely from another planet. I am definitely not a saint, but I am not THAT difficult to be in a relationship with. But women...man...why the drama? What's wrong with drinking with the boys? Damn, I just started dating this chick and I am getting the "where are you?" phone calls. Comments like these from my little friend are also a topper: "I want you to call me when you get home...".

I don't want a mother.

Another thing I love is the "I'm mad at you so I'm not going to answer your phone calls." You want to f*cking play that game? Just wait...by the way, the girl that you can't stand and told me to "stay away from" called me before I saw you last night and something tells me she didn't just want to chit-chat...go ahead...play your little game. At 33, I'm too old for it...

!@##@!...on a slow burn......................
Women will be women. That's just the way we are...

Can't live with us can't live without us ;)

xoxo
Lacy