Winter Snow Sports

Where do adults go on Long Island to go sledding... Like a super legit hill...
Bethpage Park has some really nice sled runs when they decide to open it up for that. They can get kinda pissy about their sacred fairways and don't always open it up for winter sport (but have in the past) . I suggest you call 1st.

Entrance is off of Quaker Meeting House road (take Round Swamp to southern end and bear right (W). Entrance at top of hill 550ft or so on right (N).

Good luck.

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist
I just found out that they don’t provide sleds... I thought this was like an organized event... so, tomorrow’s goal... find a sled... any suggestions would be helpful

At bethpage I think you have to use a steerable sled. Cuts down on all the people getting run over! Smithtown landing good course 18th hole use to be amazing not sure if that's open anymore

At bethpage I think you have to use a steerable sled. Cuts down on all the people getting run over! Smithtown landing good course 18th hole use to be amazing not sure if that's open anymore
Landing doesn’t allow sledding. Bethpage use to be great when I was a kid. I remember a day I was there and someone hit a tree and was either killed or seriously injured. Great sledding at Bethpage back in the day. Guess most places are afraid to allow sledding due to injury law suits.

Landing doesn’t allow sledding. Bethpage use to be great when I was a kid. I remember a day I was there and someone hit a tree and was either killed or seriously injured. Great sledding at Bethpage back in the day. Guess most places are afraid to allow sledding due to injury law suits.
From what I could see as I drive by, they have snow fencing defining where the sledding runs are. No trees to hit in that area.