Why IS dns not resolving Utopia guide today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps right now I'm the only one on the forums. I found the address by Google searching "utopiaguide dns" send whois.com had it cached I assume. From the last posts it seems to be down since 6:30 today? Am I alone on the board right noe

I found the ip 107.170.79.139 on google. It seems that there is no utopiaguide.com dns resolution. What is going on? IT screw up or something more nefarious?

Most people either don't know how to lookup an IP address from a DNS registration or aren't hungry enough for reviews to do so :)

I haven't seen or heard anything from the site admins; hopefully it's just an honest mistake that gets corrected soon, but it's been in this state for a few days now.

I got in by looking up the IP address and was happy to see that at least the server hadn't been taken down and no ominous "FBI Warnings." I assume that some of the mods and admins must be aware of the issue with the DNS, and I hope someone of authority posts what's going on - and fixes it. It looks like there are still plenty of "guests" lurking (I guess nothing can stop the lurkers), but the last post seems to have been Friday morning.

Slinky not sure how your DNS set up is setup but from what I can see its not making a pass up to the root servers. If you need some help pm me I maybe able to help.

I am not sure if i am posting this inside of the right section. My apologies in advance if i am posting in the wrong section.

Sometime last week, i'm not able to access the forums from the domain, www.utopiaguide.com.

Luckily, i was able to figure out the ip address from the domain whois.

Is the domain down or DNS blocked?

pokler

Power Bottom
Finally found my way back here. Glad UG and Slinky are still alive. I thought the worst at first. Kinda has the feeling now of like returning to the office after a big storm and only a Skelton crew is working and slowly more will trickle in.

As far as I know, this is really the only informative forum relative to Long Island (especially my area of central Suffolk). I am glad I found my way back, thanks to Sophia Belle's BP ad providing the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.