Why are there no great brothels any more?

When I first started hobbying, many, many moons ago, there were several reliable brothels in Manhattan where you could get laid for a reasonable price and there was always a supply of decent providers from which to choose. Maybe not "A" list providers, but good quality for the price. I had quite a few memorable and satisfying sessions back then. In fact, I preferred it, because I would have a choice on the spot, which appealed to me at the time.

Since the onset of the Internet, most of these places have disappeared. It's relatively easy for a provider to post on CL, or set up a site, or play the boards, and market herself. Why bother putting up with the politics and bullshit that often accompanies the brothel workplace?

Yet, for some women, I have to imagine that working at a brothel would simply be much easier. You show up, put in your shift, and leave, in return for a steady stream of customers. Someone else deals with all the back-end busy-work (securing real estate, advertising, screening clients, booking appointments, etc.). Life is (relatively speaking) easy.

So what gives?

You can thank mayor Julliani and his quality of life campaign. I remember going to jackson heights and hitting 4 or 5 places in one night and maybe getting two or three quickies and still come out under $100

They can't afford the rents. In the early nineties you could rent a decrepit walkup building on 2nd Ave in the 50's for around 5k a month. Today, that barely covers the rent of a 2 bdrm in the same area.

As to what Monk says about girls working in these places, I know a few girls who, too, would rather work for someone, even though they are giving away half, then put up with the bs of running it themselves. Sorry to say, but most don't have the smarts.

Monk said:
... So what gives?
You already answered your own question:
Monk said:
... Since the onset of the Internet, ... it's relatively easy for a provider to post on CL, or set up a site, or play the boards, and market herself. Why bother putting up with the politics and bullshit that often accompanies the brothel workplace? ...

I think all of those things are in play:

It's expensive to set up a place, particularly in Manhattan.

It's easier to be an independent than it used to be.

If you set up and do well (particularly if you have a single incall location), sooner or later you will get busted and find yourself in jail with a bad picture of you on page 3 of the Post.

Seems to me, from reading posts by people like justlooking, that the high-end strip clubs are now the brothels in NYC. If you play them right, you can get serviced right in the club. Course, they aint cheap. When it gets too expensive to run an operation with low prices the service doesnt go away, it just goes upscale. Or, rather, all that remains is upscale...

Last edited:
Your better off with a high class service then to try and score at a club IMO. You may have to drop hundreds to thousands before you get some ... the girls who work in the clubs are more hustlers then providers.

Your better off with a high class service then to try and score at a club IMO. You may have to drop hundreds to thousands before you get some ... the girls who work in the clubs are more hustlers then providers.
You may be right if there are some high-class services that take walk-ins.

As has been discussed in other threads, the strippers are NOT the key to scoring ass at a high-end stripclub. You need to work the club managers, etc., who then direct you to a sure thing. Not one step in that process is cheap, however.

As to what Monk says about girls working in these places, I know a few girls who, too, would rather work for someone, even though they are giving away half, then put up with the bs of running it themselves. Sorry to say, but most don't have the smarts.
Working independently off a site like CL is really tough most of the time even if you do "have the smarts", or at least it was in my experience. Securing a "date" with a guy was a multi-step process that was incredibly time consuming and frustrating - and of course a verbal confirmation from the guy never meant they would actually show up.

I would post an ad and then wait an hour or two. Some guys would immediately send their names and phone numbers, so I'd write them down and get ready to call. Others would ask more questions, so I'd have a group of guys I needed to send another round of *****s out to. Eventually, I'd have a list of four or five dudes to call that I'd decided didn't seem too creepy and might actually be serious about meeting up. I'd call, get voic*****s most of the time, then have to wait for callbacks. Sometimes I wouldn't hear back at all, sometimes they would just ask me so many questions that I became certain they were jacking off while we were on the phone. A lot of the time our schedules were so out of whack that setting up a meeting was impossible. It was fucking awful; a full-time job in itself. I can totally understand why a woman would prefer to split the profits with someone who would handle all that bullshit for them rather than deal with it all themselves.

That's what makes working in a high-end strip club brothel so fabulous. Not only do you just show up for your shift and do what you do while you're there, but you get paid a hell of a lot more than you would working indy, even with having to tip out everyone and paying an enormous house fee.

Of course, the strip club arrangements sort of takes the fun out of the whole thing if you ask me - but that's another story.

I'm surprised at how many guys like the strip clubs as brothels - you don't get anything like a brothel experience and pay a fortune for it. I hear guys talk about paying $150 or more for a 20 minute deal. Huh?

No no. That's not it. At the upper-level strip clubs, you get an hour, just like a brothel. And the service is, like, MUCH better.

Of course, you pay through the nose for it.

Working independently off a site like CL is really tough most of the time even if you do "have the smarts", or at least it was in my experience. Securing a "date" with a guy was a multi-step process that was incredibly time consuming and frustrating - and of course a verbal confirmation from the guy never meant they would actually show up.

I would post an ad and then wait an hour or two. Some guys would immediately send their names and phone numbers, so I'd write them down and get ready to call. Others would ask more questions, so I'd have a group of guys I needed to send another round of *****s out to. Eventually, I'd have a list of four or five dudes to call that I'd decided didn't seem too creepy and might actually be serious about meeting up. I'd call, get voic*****s most of the time, then have to wait for callbacks. Sometimes I wouldn't hear back at all, sometimes they would just ask me so many questions that I became certain they were jacking off while we were on the phone. A lot of the time our schedules were so out of whack that setting up a meeting was impossible. It was fucking awful; a full-time job in itself. I can totally understand why a woman would prefer to split the profits with someone who would handle all that bullshit for them rather than deal with it all themselves.

That's what makes working in a high-end strip club brothel so fabulous. Not only do you just show up for your shift and do what you do while you're there, but you get paid a hell of a lot more than you would working indy, even with having to tip out everyone and paying an enormous house fee.

Of course, the strip club arrangements sort of takes the fun out of the whole thing if you ask me - but that's another story.
There is no utopia!

When I first started hobbying, many, many moons ago, there were several reliable brothels in Manhattan where you could get laid for a reasonable price and there was always a supply of decent providers from which to choose. Maybe not "A" list providers, but good quality for the price. I had quite a few memorable and satisfying sessions back then. In fact, I preferred it, because I would have a choice on the spot, which appealed to me at the time.

Since the onset of the Internet, most of these places have disappeared. It's relatively easy for a provider to post on CL, or set up a site, or play the boards, and market herself. Why bother putting up with the politics and bullshit that often accompanies the brothel workplace?

Yet, for some women, I have to imagine that working at a brothel would simply be much easier. You show up, put in your shift, and leave, in return for a steady stream of customers. Someone else deals with all the back-end busy-work (securing real estate, advertising, screening clients, booking appointments, etc.). Life is (relatively speaking) easy.

So what gives?
Plenty of AMP's and they can be a lot of fun. Table shower, massage, happy ending.

There still are some high class brothels operating in NY. The real good ones have such a large client base, that they no longer need to advertise. There are others. Look and you will find.

Plenty of AMP's and they can be a lot of fun. Table shower, massage, happy ending.

There still are some high class brothels operating in NY. The real good ones have such a large client base, that they no longer need to advertise. There are others. Look and you will find.
EB, you're among friends here. Specifically, which places are you talking about?

You may drop thousands and get nothing more then an intense LD. Who do you complain to?
As Axe said, the key is to work through management, not the girls. If you didn't get what you expected, management would be responsible. But if you work through management, you always get what you expect. They make sure of it.