Votes: 9 15.8%
  • 1301 to 1400

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • 1401 to1500

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • 1501 to 1600

Votes: 10 17.5%

• Total voters
Bill Renquist, on learning that a majority of the respondents to a poll identified someone other than him as the Chief Justice of the United States:

"That's what's great about this country. Everybody's entitled to his own opinion."

Originally posted by Bill Furniture
Don't you get about 400 just for showing up?
I think that is 400 for each part......so the minimum is 800 (but it has been a hell of a long time since I actually took the damn test).

pjorourke

Thinks he's Caesar's Wife
Originally posted by jseah

I think that is 400 for each part......so the minimum is 800 (but it has been a hell of a long time since I actually took the damn test).
No, its 200 per test for a minimum of 400. I think the median is designed to be 1,000 with a standard deviation of about 200 points.

Last edited:

Wwanderer

Kids, don't try this at home
Originally posted by pjorourke
No, its 200 per test for a minimum of 400. I think the median is designed to be 1,000 with a standard deviation of about 200 points.
Right, which implies that about 1 "college bound senior " (as ETS puts it) in a hundred should either bottom out at 400 or top out at 1600, if the distribution is gaussian and if I am recalling error function values correctly. Not all that rare in other words. But I don't think either score is as common as that, so something is off...probably not a gaussian in the tails.

-Ww

Last edited:
Don’t forget to apply the SAT Score Conversion. The tests were adjusted a few years ago because today’s kids are, umm, dummies.

Back in my day we had it tough. I walked 6 miles in the snow uphill (both ways) to take the SAT and when I got there they made me take the test with half my brain tied behind my back. Plus I spent the first half of the exam making my own #2 pencil out of wood, graphite and clay because I had to burn all my other pencils the night before, for warmth.

Kids got it easy today, I tell ya.

One day in the Yankee Clubhouse(c.1977)
Well known worldly centerfielder Mickey Rivers overhears another well known outfielder, Reggie Jackson, bragging about his IQ( RJ didnt have to bother bragging about how many women he screwed) of 160. Rivers rejoined, "That out of a thousand, meat"?
BernardShakey

Originally posted by Ilya Kuryakin

Back in my day we had it tough. I walked 6 miles in the snow uphill (both ways) to take the SAT and when I got there they made me take the test with half my brain tied behind my back. Plus I spent the first half of the exam making my own #2 pencil out of wood, graphite and clay because I had to burn all my other pencils the night before, for warmth.

AND WE LIKED IT!!!