What makes you respond to CL ads?

If the picture is skanky (full ass, pussy, legs spread open) its a major turn off, and I skip those ads, The ones that have been my biggest turn on's and replies is a sideways full body shot, or a front shot with her arms crossed in front of her chest, or a hint of clevage. I love to see faces, more I love to see eyes.
I never understood why the blurries or box over the faces.

I want a acurate description, I want a certain type. dont say your short blond hair and small breasts, and have long brunette hair and large breasts.

I also look for intelliegence, "BANG MY HOT PUSSY" gives me a limp dick
"Come, lets enjoy a seductive adventure" Peeks my interest.

My Hit Miss ration on CL has been about 75% good / 25% Bad
I try and be a 'educated monger'

BUT I'm a guy and sometimes the small head wins!

Barnabas
I agree whole heartedly.

The classy pics and the ones with just a hint showing the beauty under the clothes get me going

Last edited:
What About This?

For the past several days, I have seen one unscrupulous CL group, posting the same girl as "new" for three days in a row and another as "last day...hurry to see her now" for almost a week. Do savvy hobbyists do a search by name on CL before choosing and notice this stuff, too? Does it make you question the truthfulness of the entire ad?

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
New for 3 days? How about the one's who are still "new" after 3 months?

Or "visiting" when they live here (happens a lot on Eros)?

"Do savvy hobbyists do a search by name on CL before choosing and notice this stuff, too? Does it make you question the truthfulness of the entire ad?"

If you look for the post by John99 today, you'll se the answer to both questions is "yes, but then they go ahead and book them anyway".

Not so. CL like any site where we hawk or wares involves LE, creeps and sifting through bullshit *****s but I find if you word your Ad properly you will get good responses. I do post there though not often and do get very nice clients from there,
I agree w/ Blondekelly. All of the CL clients I have met were great. Granted, I have chosen not to take some clients because of THEIR attitude (didn't answer the door for other providers I know, poor attitudes, wanting to bargain, etc.). I understand both of our experiences are subjective, but I would assume it's the most common experience among providers who post on CL. Afterall, there are more FREE sites to use if CL hobbyists were just looking at pics and moving on to the next ad...
As Monk stated, CL is "FREE" in terms of what CL is charging to post. I used to purposely spam on CL because if I didn't, by the time I returned from a client, my ad would be deleted. After all the time I wasted posting the ad, it would be "flagged for removal" within minutes. That's what happens when anyone can "flag" anything. After months of the same thing, I decided to try other alternatives (free and otherwise) because paying $20/mo. could save/earn alot more ultimately. I believe CL is a great site for those searching for good s and services, but for providers not so much. AND...it's becoming more provider "unfriendly" by the day.
Finally ..................being new to message boards, I'm shocked to see some of the comments guys have left about the girls on CL. I feel the ad is independent of the actual provider. I've found that both a combination of the "slutty" and "sophisticated" ads/pics work for me. I target my ads for my particular audience...."marketing". If she posted the ad, it's probably because she thought someone just like YOU would read it (considering you did CLICK on it)....so, to judge a provider by her ad is a little hypocritical. I personally know that the words on my ad are no more indicative of my intentions or capablities than anything else (pics, prices, location, etc.) I've exhausted my "bang my ______" ads, and they do recieve the highest responses IMO.

I've used CL a couple of times in the past and was very happy. Nowadays the first thing I would look for is to make sure it isn't a sting. After that I make sure she's reasonably attractive and in my price range. Personality doesn't matter much for a short encounter like that.

I feel the ad is independent of the actual provider.

I've found that both a combination of the "slutty" and "sophisticated" ads/pics work for me.

I target my ads for my particular audience...."marketing".

If she posted the ad, it's probably because she thought someone just like YOU would read it (considering you did CLICK on it)....so, to judge a provider by her ad is a little hypocritical.

I personally know that the words on my ad are no more indicative of my intentions or capablities than anything else (pics, prices, location, etc.) I've exhausted my "bang my ______" ads, and they do recieve the highest responses IMO.
Diva, thanks for these comments. I broke our your paragraph a little for emphasis above. Each point is worth considering on its own. You've obviously taken time and thought to test various advertising strategies on CL to see which worked best for you.

Why do you say that you've "exhausted my 'bang my ___' ads" even though they get the highest responses, though? I'd think you'd keep running them if they generate a better response. Unless the quality of the responses isn't as high as some other strategies.

Diva, thanks for these comments. I broke our your paragraph a little for emphasis above. Each point is worth considering on its own. You've obviously taken time and thought to test various advertising strategies on CL to see which worked best for you.

Why do you say that you've "exhausted my 'bang my ___' ads" even though they get the highest responses, though? I'd think you'd keep running them if they generate a better response. Unless the quality of the responses isn't as high as some other strategies.
That's exactly what happens. It increases the amount of calls AND stupid (ignorant, pointless, on and on) comments/questions I recieve. Sometimes, it's not even worth it because the "false" advertising backfired on me. I'll recieve a more responses because men who wouldn't normally call will take a chance. But those men, and some who wouldn't normally, are now inclined to ask for services I don't provide because they assume more than what my AD stated I would do. But, I can't be too upset because it was the type of response I wanted to elicit...only to a lesser degree. It seems to me, those types of ads would work best for bait and switch type of operations. Anyone who wants to be considered legitmate would be too concerned with disappointing too many clients. If you can't provide what the services you're implying you will, it's not worth the trouble.

For the past several days, I have seen one unscrupulous CL group, posting the same girl as "new" for three days in a row and another as "last day...hurry to see her now" for almost a week. Do savvy hobbyists do a search by name on CL before choosing and notice this stuff, too? Does it make you question the truthfulness of the entire ad?
I expect some puffery in the ad. Those two things aren't big. My deal-killer list is very quirky and subjective. A few would be
  • Too good to be true pictures, especially studio pictures.
  • Anything way too good to be true, actually.
  • Like others have been saying, pictures that look lifted from a gynecology (or proctology) textbook
  • Anything too skanky, including working names like "Money" or "Cash." We know it's all about the money, dear, but could you help me fool myself a little?
  • Ads that say "No GFE!" I know GFE's usually a fraud, and I'll book a session with someone who says nothing about it, but "No GFE!" means I'll be lucky to touch her boobs while she huddles at the end of the bed out of reach.
  • The scowl look in the picture. I have enough women frowning at me, thanks.

I use CL as a way to find new girls to contact and I try to get them to at least add on our print ads. I have seen every type of ad on there through constantly checking the page and there are ones that must be getting calls that actually turn into business, then there are the ones that you know are going to just lead to frustration.

Putting picture up there of spread eagle with vulgar language will of course get people to read the ad, but I just don't see that turning into a legit call. I don't even bother calling most of these girls because it always turns out that they love that its free to post, but then I see them over posting it. If they have enough time to continually post, they aren't working enough I assume.

Keeping it simple with the right picture and actually using spell check makes the best ad in my opinion. Like someone else mentioned you have to play around with it and see which ad works the best. I have been working on it for a few months now and realized certain words get more calls than other.

I am definitely rambling on this topic now, but the posts in here have given me a lot of ideas.

I have been working on it for a few months now and realized certain words get more calls than other.
So you use CL to try and drum up business for your publication, is that what you're saying (your first sentence is a little unclear)? Interesting.

What words in your CL ads have you found elicit more calls? I'd love to know.

So you use CL to try and drum up business for your publication, is that what you're saying (your first sentence is a little unclear)? Interesting.

What words in your CL ads have you found elicit more calls? I'd love to know.
I use CL for a bunch of stuff. I use it to remind people about deadlines, about new promotions we are having so they can upgrade, and to get new clients. I get a few new clients a month off my ads, but mostly we rely on our loyal clients and word of mouth from our paper. CL helps me find people when I have those extra few spaces to fill and need people visiting or new girls and agencies.

And to get more calls I have found my ads about our free upgrades always get the most calls. This is either bumping up their size, adding color, or something similar. Even if only 1 in 10 end up advertising with me that week, just establishing the relationship helps in a few weeks when they do have the budget.

The word free gets them excited enough to at least call and ask questions. That and the phrase "we can work with any budget"

It really is. People don't even bother reading the other details of it. They call and say that they want to do the free ad, and then I have to explain it.

I wish I had known sooner because then it would have made keeping it simple a lot easier.

Now *there's* an advertising phrase we'd like to see from providers.

I know it's silly but I wouldn't respond to an ad that doesn't give some indication of price point, fwiw
I hear both sides of the argument about putting a price point in an ad. Some of the girls I work with don't want to limit their calls by putting one and other don't want to be getting calls for people that they aren't going to see either.

I would rather leave it open with the phrase any budget so people can call and I can work with them from there, but my business is negotiating. I know that is not the same from 99% of the providers that have ads with us.

I again just want to say that this community has given me a lot of insight for being fairly new to it all. Its amazing.