URGENT NOTICE

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Currently we are redirecting utopiaguide.com to the new website address utopiaguide.PL.
This will be ending within the next day or so, so you need to start going directly to utopiaguide.pl

Slinky Bender

We are in the process of sending out a mass email to members regarding this change. It would be helpful to us to know if these are getting through, so if some of you could please post in this thread telling us whether you received that email or not it would be appreciated.

Slinky Bender

So far I have not received an email about this; I did make sure my email address is correct in my account info.
I think we are at something like 60,000 out of 90,000 emails sent so far.

so do we have to do anything different on utopiaguide.pl like re-setting up our account or anything or will everything just carry over?
I should just carry over, but if it doesn't we would appreciate if people let us know so we can troubleshoot.

I don't know anything about computers but what is the difference between utopiaguide.com and utopiaguide.pl? why the change? sorry if it is a dumb question!

I don't know anything about computers but what is the difference between utopiaguide.com and utopiaguide.pl? why the change? sorry if it is a dumb question!
.com just means it's a commercial site, the server could be hosted anywhere, but typically assumed in the US.

.pl is a country level domain, Poland in this case. The assumption being that the data and servers are physically located in Poland; benefit specific to Poland is that the country highly advocates and supports data privacy and makes it very difficult for foreign countries to gain access (in this case the US)