Unheralded Movies

Not quite a movie

Steambath:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167415/
A televised play involving God as portrayed by an irascible steambath attendant who performs miracles and wrath while scrubbing and handing out towels. Starring Bill Bixby, Valerie Perrine, and Jose Perez as the steambath attendant God.

I remember watching this on TV as a kid and seeing Valerie Perrine lift her towel and expose her boobs..... yummmmmm
I had been searching for a copy until about a year ago when I finally bought the DVD. Her tits seemed bigger when I was smaller.... isn't that always the case.

And it was always on PBS here in NY. Parents were busy locking up the cable box and here's free public television showing Valerie Perrines tits on a school night.

MrFreeze451 said:
Steambath:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167415/
A televised play involving God as portrayed by an irascible steambath attendant who performs miracles and wrath while scrubbing and handing out towels. Starring Bill Bixby, Valerie Perrine, and Jose Perez as the steambath attendant God.

I remember watching this on TV as a kid and seeing Valerie Perrine lift her towel and expose her boobs..... yummmmmm
I had been searching for a copy until about a year ago when I finally bought the DVD. Her tits seemed bigger when I was smaller.... isn't that always the case.
Deep in the recesses of my mind I remember that TV movie and the ruckus that occurred. Great recall Mr. Freeze.

Oh my GOD W.H.Macy can't act for SHIT!!!! (just my opinion) I feel like he is reading his script off of a teleprompter.

My list of unbeknownst movies:
1) A midnight clear - a WW2 flick with a psychological twist
2) Hate - french, with english subtitles. Anyone who wondered what the heck is going on when the riots broke out a month ago, needs to watch this movie.
3) Heaven - in Italian, directed by Tykwer (same guy as run lola run, but i thought heaven was superior...)
4) Ghandi. I think Ben Kingsley is his best there. Anyone else catch the penis reference that ghandi makes to his wife?

How is Ghandi unheralded? Didn't it win best picture or at least get nominated? Plus every kid in the early '90s had to watch it in history class.

Good suggestions though. I'm going to check them out.

un4given said:
4) Ghandi. I think Ben Kingsley is his best there. Anyone else catch the penis reference that ghandi makes to his wife?
Ive seen it maybe 10-15 times. One of best movies ever and one of greatest performances ever. He is Gandhi. Always uplifts you after.

billyS

Reign of Terror
aceofclubs26 said:
City of God
Memento
American Me
Matchstick Men
Ed Wood
City of God is really an engrossing movie. I would compare it to the long version of Once upon a Time in America.
American Me has to be seen in the uncut version. Powerful shit.

billyS

Reign of Terror
MrFreeze451 said:
And what is wrong with tits on a school night?
If you wanted to see tits on a school night PBS was always a good bet. Sunday nights at 10:30pm Monty Python. Remember the 'Tobaconist' skit?