Two severed thumbs up!

Went to see Kill Bill last night... what an excellent flick. Uma Thurman and Lucy Liu with swords! Decapitations! Hot chicks! Gratuitous violence!

Yeah!

Uma Thurman kills so many people on screen she could be the next governor of California.

æ

Lucy LIu is NOT HOT! IMHO shes a nasty looking asian woman....

Now kelly hu is a different story, natural asian beauty.

Last edited:

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
Originally posted by sexpert
You are definately not of asian blood. I dont mean to be racist but any asian can tell you that she is one ugly broad.
She's not ugly. It's just that Asian men (according to you) are raised to like something else.

You are definately not of asian blood.
Nope, but whatever, I think both Uma Thurman and Lucy Liu are hot. And I think Vivica Fox is hot too. But she isn't in the movie for very long, unfortunately.

Anyhow, the flick is WAY more Uma Thurman's movie than it is Lucy Liu's.

(Uma Thurman gets to decapitate way more people)

æ

Truth

Arbeit Macht Frei
Lucy LIu is NOT HOT! IMHO shes a nasty looking asian woman....

I think she's quite attractive.

Now kelly hu is a different story, natural asian beauty.

I believe Kelly is half English so i don't know that she's a "natural asian beauty" anymore than she's a "natural English beauty, but regardless, i agree that she's more attractive than Lucy Liu.

(if we're talking half asians ... Tera Patrick)

Getting back on topic, ae, i heard this flick was missing the "talking about nothing" (quarter pounder in France) stuff that helped make Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction such great movies .... so do you think this movie would be enjoyed by someone who doesn't get off solely on seeing 500 people sliced to death?

Originally posted by Truth
Getting back on topic, ae, i heard this flick was missing the "talking about nothing" (quarter pounder in France) stuff that helped make Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction such great movies .... so do you think this movie would be enjoyed by someone who doesn't get off solely on seeing 500 people sliced to death?
It's definitely true that the movie doesn't have much of the quirky dialogue stuff of the earlier movies. But the action more than makes up for it.

In terms of sheer number of people killed, this movie is MORE violent than either Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs. But the violence in this flick is filmed quite a bit differently. It's less vicious, and more choreographed. It's basically a martial arts movie. The big battle scenes look alot like John Woo might have filmed them (I'm pretty sure this is who he's trying to imitate).

æ

Lucy Liu

Hideous... not exactly. I don't think she's all that either. Get this: Drew Barrymore say that she thinks Lucy has a great ass. Go figure.

/p

Last edited:
Originally posted by Truth
I think if you are a movie fan in general and you can especially appreciate great direction and cinematography, then you should definitely go see this movie. The dialogue is very good in some scenes, but not atypical for a Tarantino film. The film is not plot-driven (nor is it meant to be) either, but the movie is cinematically breathtaking and it is fun as all hell. Check your brain at the door and enjoy one of the better movies made in the last few years.

About lucy liu...she has a really tight body but the face is just not doing it for me. Another celebrity that kinda has the lucy liu face going but looks even worse off is lisa ling from The View.....now she's really disturbing looking.

Many asian celebrities in hong kong, japan, and korea (in music and movies) are the ones with truly beautiful faces.

About the movie...great piece of work and good homage to kung fu flicks and spaghetti westerns, and what guy doesn't like a good revenge flick.

One observation though....Uma Thurman has some big fugly toes.

I have become a big time movie goer in the last few months, and this movie was on my "to do" list this weekend, but now that I have read peoples heads get chopped off....forget it!!

I am not into gore. I just like a lot of action..

Last edited:
The fun is in the extreme violence of it. The entire "House of Blue Leaves" section kicks ass..! To tell the truth, after seeing so much Matrix / Charlie's Angels' type choreography, this type of action fighting was refreshing... (strange, considering this was choreographed by the same dude)...

Have to admit, though, the setup felt a little slow...

And of course, there's that gem, Gogo...