Top contributors to the fund drive:

whitelightening

Known liar, all posts suspect
One name is missing from your list of top contributors: AMY.

Where is that loud mouth hoe who uses her posts to promote herself endlessly and now that they are asking for a donation of significant means, she is no where to be found on the top 10 list.

Your readers are obviously sick and tired of having to weed past her innane comments and preachings to get to the meat of the thread, so now she disappears. Nothing written since the drive started.

Have nothing for or against Betty, even if she defends Amy, and I see she is on your top 10 list, so please Betty when I flame Amy, please stay out of the fire.

whitelightening said:
One name is missing from your list of top contributors: AMY.

Where is that loud mouth hoe who uses her posts to promote herself endlessly and now that they are asking for a donation of significant means, she is no where to be found on the top 10 list.

Your readers are obviously sick and tired of having to weed past her innane comments and preachings to get to the meat of the thread, so now she disappears. Nothing written since the drive started.

Have nothing for or against Betty, even if she defends Amy, and I see she is on your top 10 list, so please Betty when I flame Amy, please stay out of the fire.
well, if I'm using Amy's place, means she is not around...she is Canada visiting her family, and will return either tomorrow or monday.

I guess you should wait until she returns to "flame" her...I think is just fair, right?

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Contributions by whitelightening to UG = $0 , nada, nix, nothing, rien.........

Amy didn't wait for a fund raising drive to contribute to UG. Amy made a contribution before she started advertizing, and another in addtion to her adverising payments. If guys like whitelightening contributed 1/100th of what girls like AMY have, we wouldn't be havng the need for a fundraising drive.

What has whitelightening contributed? A lot of negative racial comments which got a huge thread moved to The Coliseum. But anything which either directly of indirectly aided UG in gettings ads or contributions? NOTHING. Yeah, it's AMY who's the problem for UG, not guys like whitelightening who freeload and try to drive paying advertisers away, as well as alienate large sections of the membership. Guys complain about vermeer? I tell you what, the next guy that complains about anyone else: if you complain and haven't made a contribution, and the person who you're complaining about has, one you is getting the boot, and you can guess which one that's going to be.

Slinky Bender

A funny aside: Betty is using Amy's place. It's sort of funny because in the years that UG has been around, the two people who have been the most fair/supportive of UG financially have been these two. With all due respect to other long time advertisers like AATR, CLPC/April, Miki, etc. NO ONE has treated us as well as Betty and Amy have. I wish I could say the same for most of the membership (although special note goes to BMM, Skellychamp, Jarhead, Greyfox and a few others who I appologise for leaving out... but you know who you are).

slinkybender said:
A funny aside: Betty is using Amy's place. It's sort of funny because in the years that UG has been around, the two people who have been the most fair/supportive of UG financially have been these two. With all due respect to other long time advertisers like AATR, CLPC/April, Miki, etc. NO ONE has treated us as well as Betty and Amy have. I wish I could say the same for most of the membership (although special note goes to BMM, Skellychamp, Jarhead, Greyfox and a few others who I appologise for leaving out... but you know who you are).

You can't guilt people into contributing.....either they will, or they won't.

Look at what JimyDR wrotein the other thread.

Last edited:
Slinky-

99.9% if the time, I have believed your role as a moderator has been played in a very fair manner. I have never followed nor cared for WhiteL's Posts, or line of thinking, however, I do not believe that you should not mix money (donations) with your line of thinking. Again, as Moderator, you certainly can do as you wish, and I for one certainly can understand the reasoning for your statements above. I just think the approach is probably not the type of approach that you have used throughout my 5 or so years around here. Your task is certainly a difficult one. And one that you do far better than I certainly would. Enough said about that.

And as for Betty, please try to remember who introduced her to this place just about 4 years ago. I agree with you, that you probably would not find a more straight-forward person around than Betty. She calls them as she see's them. Who could ask for anything more from a provider?

Last edited:
slinkybender said:
Guys complain about vermeer? I tell you what, the next guy that complains about anyone else: if you complain and haven't made a contribution, and the person who you're complaining about has, one you is getting the boot, and you can guess which one that's going to be.
I think I have a good guess...

Kimmie said:
You can't guilt people into contributing.....either they will, or they won't.
You absolutely can.

The top two ways of influencing or eliciting donations are GUILT and FEAR. Guess you never saw a telethon or had jehovah's knock on your door.

Slinky I just want you to know that I tried to give you a donation that would have covered me for a long time 2 weeks ago at D's party...I saw some of your buddy's and asked where you were but it seemed when I was doing my business you were there, and then you were doing your thing i was in the main area. I came out the last time and one of your friends said you had just left..I know I will run into you soon as I usually do..i will put my cash where my mouth is you can be sure of that..I say this because I cannot pay pal and i don't do checks...You know I'm a straight shooter in this regard and UG has been a huge asset to me and my business. Miki and others that have posted specials I think it very generous of you...Sadly the one advertiser that could raise you the most money AATR has not offerd to my knowledge...

Val don't even know the boardwas shut down. She looks in like once a week and never this far north. Thats why i said for someone up there who sees her or does biz with her... to tell her....

Slinky Bender

Rooster,

My point was simply that I'm tired of hearing compaints from people who contribute nothing, and that in fact there tends to be an inverse proportion of comaplints to contributions. Those who contribute rarely complain and those who complain rarley contribute.

I guess this is time for me to roll out something I've been saying to the girls in private for a while now: do you know the best way to tell if a customer is going to be a pain in the ass? If he's a big Whore Board poster, he's probably a bad client. Mostly because he thinks he's got it all coming to him and is very demanding. As I recently said elsewhere, the typical client pays for an hour and expects an hour The typical Big PMB poster pays for an hour and expects 3... an if he only gets exactly what he paid for, there's often the implied threat of branding the girl a "clockwatcher".

Put another way: do you know who deserves customer service?

Customers.

As they say in the Gas Station Biz: poeple who just stop by to use your restroom are not customers. But they are the one's who are most likely to complain that your air hose isn't working, that you're out of paper towels or toliet paper, etc.

On PMBs, everyone thinks they are "customers". I got attitude recently again from two ungrateful "ladies" who took out a free ad and then tried to act like they were doing me a favor by taking out a free ad. It's been the same since the beginning: poeple who don't have th eslightest clue how internet businesses in general or sites like this in specific work, trying to act like what is good for them and thier business is a favor to me/UG.

Now, yes, of course I acknowledge that without the posters here there would be no UG, and UG is worthless with out the posters. But I am still sick and tired of the ongoing pretense that people acting solely in their own best interest are somehow altrusitically doing so for the benefit of UG. If your dog craps on my lawn and it just happens to act like fertilizer, stop trying to pretend that you were doing me favor.

And now you've got me doing what I tried not to. I set out to try and make this more friendly by doing several things recently, and once again all i get is pissed on for it. Well, I'm fed up. So I have a solution: this is now going to be the happy, smiley board, at least when it comes to UG. Don't like it? There's about 15 new boards which have sprung up so no one ever needs to come here if they hate it so much. Everyone has lots of compaints, but no one ever factors in what they take away from this place. So now I'm turning over a new leaf and I'm going to be really nice to advertisers and contributors, and everyone else can go fuck themselves. Fair warning: everyone can put up or shut up.

Slinky Bender

But just to be clear what I'm talking about, I'll make a short list (which is totally non-exhaustive) to make a point:

justlooking
justme
greyfox
BMM
BillF
robnotbob
daddycool
tc123
petehanse
woody
justbill
jarhead
oddfellow
paulbunyon
brykster
Monk
skellychamp

I could go on, but I'm tired............ how much whining and complaining do you think I've heard over the years from any of these guys? I'll give you a hint: it's a number approaching zero. Have they fealt free to offer constructive critacism? You betcha. But it appears that most people are so self centerered that they don't even know what the difference is.

Slinky-

You do make sense on this issue. As I stated above-99.9% of the time I can certainly see why you do what you do. Probably the other .1% of the time, I have just missed something. Also, as I have stated the task you have taken on over the years (at least the 5 that I have been around) is certainly not an easy one. Trying to keep the public pleased all of the time, just ain't going to happen. Sometimes, in my early days around here, I think if anything you tried to keep us all happy. In the long-run, if you try too hard to keep everyone happy, sometimes you make more folks unhappy. Does this make any sense at all?

Last edited:
Slinky-
You posted the following:"There's about 15 new boards which have sprung up so no one ever needs to come here if they hate it so much."

My man, I believe that you may possibly have missed the point that some of us are trying to make. Comparing the likes of UG, JAG, and another select one or two, with the 15 new ones that may have recently sprung up, is like comparing watching a game at Tropicana Stadium with a game at Yankee Stadium.

Slinky Bender

Rooster,

Thank you. You know I've taken bad moods out on you in the past, and thank you for having tough enough skin to deal with the BS I throw back at you.