To Billys From Extreem....

Wwanderer

Kids, don't try this at home
Originally posted by Psychosis
Patience is a virtue I have never grasped.
If one had to identify a single personality trait that adults have and young children don't, patience is probably the best choice. Little kids want what the want and they want it RIGHT NOW, else they throw a fit.

-Ww

I have asked my friends if knowing what they now know about raising children would they still have any and I would say roughly 75% say no rather quickly.
I say this all the time,but I can not imagine my life without my children.

Yes, they drive me to drink sometimes, but there is no greater joy then children.

I cannot change who or what I am. Yes I have been known by friends and family to have done things that others can never even think of doing but this is who I am. No apologies for being who or what I am.

By the way newextreem your idea was already made into a movie. It didnt do well though. Also just because I was once a child does not mean that I have to like children.

Wwanderer: I have patience for many things just not children. I guess I just dont have that parent instinct. I guess I should have stated it better in my previous post.

Kimmie: I respect your view on children and I am glad that your kids bring you happiness.

Maybe my family is correct. Maybe I'm just not human (LOL) but I make no apologies for it.

We each have to make decisions in life and deal with the consequenses that these decisions bring.

I think we are getting way off topic here dont you guys. Besides all is well betwen billyS and newextreem and thats all that matters, right?

Last edited:

Wwanderer

Wwanderer: I have patience for many things just not children. I guess I just dont have that parent instinct. I guess I should have stated it better in my previous post.
Actually, I think it is a good thing when people who "just don't have that parent instinct" are self-aware enough to recognize the fact and to refrain from becoming a parent. A lot of misery in the world is generated by people having kids they don't really want because they think it is what they are supposed to do.

-Ww

Originally posted by Wwanderer
Actually, I think it is a good thing when people who "just don't have that parent instinct" are self-aware enough to recognize the fact and to refrain from becoming a parent. A lot of misery in the world is generated by people having kids they don't really want because they think it is what they are supposed to do.

-Ww
[tremendous round of applause]

Last edited:
Originally posted by Kimmie
I say this all the time,but I can not imagine my life without my children.

Yes, they drive me to drink sometimes, but there is no greater joy then children.
Print that out and carry it with you all times !!!

Some people have short memories (albeit large mamories)

Re: Re: Re: Let's move on

Originally posted by hedonism4me
Since some people, like yourself, won't give a person credibility unless they have "x" amount of posts, I might as well start racking up (useless) posts by responding to yours.
OK, that makes 3.

I'm not telling anyone to do anything. Didn't mean to sound that strong. I'm just giving my input that I feel EE should not be condemned for a problem that did not evolve. That is why I said " I THINK " we should cut EE some slack.
Fair enough.

Maybe you post so much, you forget to read what other people write. Or maybe I should have written "IMO". But then again, I have only posted one other time. What do I know.
Exactly! That's why I'm here to help you.

I guess you didn't start at post #1?
See - you'd be mistaken here. Everyone starts at Post #1. Ater that comes Post #2. Then Post #3. I'd tell you what comes after that but I don't want to spoil the surprise. As I said, I'm here to help you.

I guess you are perfect and expect "the rest of us" to be also.
Not everyone, just you.

I didn't think I needed a lawyer to review my post before I sent it.
You're in luck - we have one! Hopefully Lawyer101 will come by and review your posts for you. While he's there, ask him about that First Amendment thing. You seem to be the one telling everyone else what we're allowed to post.

BTW, it sounds to me like YOU are speaking for every other user on this board.
Now that would be wrong, wouldn't it? Back atcha, dude.

EE did not have to apologize. Many, many, many people don't, no matter how wrong they are. No matter what is at stake.

My point is: EE did apologize and said it wouldn't happen again. Why don't they deserve a 2nd chance? (InMyHumbleOpinion)
Great point. No argument. But maybe you shouldn't assume that it "does no one any good" by holding an opposing viewpoint, and exploring all the ramifications. It does a lot of good, so the rest of us can make informed choices.

Maybe if you used their service, you wouldn't be so hostile and negative! Especially to a newbie like myself.
Hostile? Please. You want to see hostile, pick a fight with nuthin.

Peace.
Always. Welcome to the board.

Originally posted by bobo529
Wanna know why she apologized? One word: MONEY. She realized that if she did not apologize she would be losing out on alot of money.
And?

That's what any smart, successful businessperson does. They listen to their customers and give them what they want at a reasonable price. If they screw up, they do what they can to make it right, if possible. If you don't do right by your customers, sooner or later you go out of business. Being customer-focused is good business practice, and good business practices make money. That's what people are in business for - to make money. Where's the harm in that?

I cannot change who or what I am. Yes I have been known by friends and family to have done things that others can never even think of doing but this is who I am. No apologies for being who or what I am.

By the way newextreem your idea was already made into a movie. It didnt do well though. Also just because I was once a child does not mean that I have to like children.

Kimmie: I respect your view on children and I am glad that your kids bring you happiness.

Maybe my family is correct. Maybe I'm just not human (LOL) but I make no apologies for it.

We each have to make decisions in life and deal with the consequenses that these decisions bring.

I was not implying that your dislike of kids was wrong. My point was, just because your friends tell you they could go back and not have had kids, they wouldnt have had them, it does not mean thats how they really feel.

I can not even count how many times I have said to myself, and others, If I could go back , I would never have had kids, especially when they are fighting, or not doing as they are told. But, of course, I never mean it.

I think it's great you know you can not handle being a parent, because imagine if you were, you would be one shitty pop..

No offense..

Last edited:
speaking for Ozzy....

You want someone with a hidden agenda see Clubber.

He saw a provider once and spoke highly of her.... That is until she rebuffed his personal advances. Then he commenced to bash her here for months (actually for more than a year) for a variety of reasons that he had zero first hand knowledge of.

This is a lesson... You continue to throw stones at me for no apparent reason and I'll drop boulders on your pathetic ass.

Keep it up Clubber... I've still got lots more to say.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Kimmie
I was not implying that your dislike of kids was wrong. My point was, just because your friends tell you they could go back and not have had kids, they wouldnt have had them, it does not mean thats how they really feel.

I can not even count how many times I have said to myself, and others, If I could go back , I would never have had kids, especially when they are fighting, or not doing as they are told. But, of course, I never mean it.

I think it's great you know you can not handle being a parent, because imagine if you were, you would be one shitty pop..

No offense..
I understand kimmie. Let me clarify my feelings on kids. Its not that I dont like kids its that there is something about a kid constantly nagging or crying that just gets to me. I go out shopping and I see kids making noise, jumping around and taking stuff off of the shelves and the parents say and do nothing. If it was me I would have already told my kid to stop it and stay by my side and not move until I told him to. Also kids in a movie theater always talking thats another thing that gets to me. These are just two examples of kids being annoying. Now let me tell you something else. I have a neighbor and she has 2 well behaved, well mannered kids. they are 8 and 5 and they are such good kids that I let them come into my house to watch cable (their mom is a single mom and cant afford cable right now). But when those kids are here they are so well behaved that I sometimes forget they are here at all. I'm not that bad I just have my perks towards kids. No offense taken Kimmie at all I know what you meant.

Re: speaking for Ozzy....

Originally posted by VV
You want someone with a hidden agenda see Clubber.

He saw a provider once and spoke highly of her.... That is until she rebuffed his personal advances. Then he commenced to bash her here for months (actually for more than a year) for a variety of reasons that he had zero first hand knowledge of.

Well, if that isn't an example of the pot calling the kettle black.
Talk about "zero first hand knowledge?" All of Ozzy's info about this was obtained from the provider. That's called SECOND hand knowledge, and very biased info at that. While I certainly HAVE hade personal communication with providers, including the one VV is referring to, I challenge either OZZY OR the provider to dispute any of the factual comments I've made about her performance in session.

And what does "he commenced to bash her...for a variety of reasons that he had zero first hand knowledge of" MEAN exactly anyway? That I didn't know why I was bashing her? That makes no sense, so I have no idea what it's talking about.

In fact, it would be interesting if Ozzy could back up his assertion and find any instances where I spoke highly about this particular provider's service AFTER SEEING HER. And since I saw her last November, his claim that "then he commenced to bash her here for months (actually for more than a year)" is clearly not true.

So c'mon, let's see some instances of me "bashing" anyone over the period of "more than a year." The only one I've "bashed" for over a year is OZZY.

So, VV or Ozzy, or whoever you're calling yourself this week, why not try tossing in some FACTS?

If it was me I would have already told my kid to stop it and stay by my side and not move until I told him to.
That's funny. Until you live the life you can't really say what you would do. You think you know but the whole process changes you. There's more to raising a good kid than being well mannered at the food store.

justme

homo economicus
I wonder why people are picking on Psychosis. I mean, his stated viewpoints do paint an unflattering picture (to many), but it's not like he seems to do anything bad.

(My own posts above were meant as well meaning jokes.)

Wwanderer

Originally posted by Captain Kirk
You think you know but the whole process changes you.
That is quite true. It is really impossible to know in advance whether you would enjoy being a parent or would be good at it because, for many/most people, it changes you so much that you are not really the same person that you were before the baby arrived. Imo, it may really activate basic biological "software" (or maybe it should be called "wetware") that you did not even know you had. (There is even some serious research to support that point of view; the unconscious physiological reactions of people to photographs of infants is measurably different after their first child is born!) In many respects you get a new personality...or new parts of your personality. This is perhaps even more true for women than men, but in my own case, I think I changed as much when I became a father as I did when I went through puberty.

All that said, I still think it is wise for people who feel that they would not want to be parents to respect that feeling and stay childless. It is not as though the world needs more children, and there is little more awful and needless misery than that an unwanted child is likely to have to endure.

-Ww

Last edited:
Originally posted by justme
I wonder why people are picking on Psychosis. I mean, his stated viewpoints do paint an unflattering picture (to many), but it's not like he seems to do anything bad.

(My own posts above were meant as well meaning jokes.)
[/QUOTE

I dont mind I'm used to people not agreeing with me or calling me strange because of the way I think but thats life. Everyone tries to tell me that having a child changes you but that is no excuse for a parent letting a child behave like an animal in public or in someones home. Learning respect and manners and behavior is something that should be taught at home and reinforced when not followed. Parents who dont do this and let the kids get away with all the crap are shit parents and when their child does something wrong they (the parents) should be held accountable. Thanks for defending me but its not worth your trouble people will always think that I am wrong in my way of thinking but thats ok I'm very happy being me.

The remark about theres more to raising a child is correct but that does not give the parents the excuse to let their beasts run wild. Sometimes a good swift shot on the butt does the trick but in nowadays you have to worry about being reported for child abuse. Never mind that the kid was misbehaving. Far be it from me being religious but I remember the bible saying something to the line of spare the rod spoil the child or something like that.