Theeeeeeee Yankees can't be stopped now.

Kearney Sauce

The Humpty Dumpty Club
Oh yeah baby!!!!!!!!!! Every other team is crumbling under the pressure while THE YANKEES thrive on it baby. Take note all other fans how it's done. It's not too late for all you wannabe-Yankee-fans to jump on the World Series Express departing on Track Number One in a few weeks.

We'll be driving the final nail in the coffin at Fenway this weekend. Oh what sweet revenge.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

I think there were a few objective fans who said that the pennant race would come down to the final weekend series between the Yanks and BoSox.
and that is exactly what is happening.

As Yogi said "It ain't over, til it's over". The season will be decided either sat or sun. If the Yanks split the remaining 4 games the worst they can do is a tie with the Red Sux, and that would happen only if the sux go 3-1.

Actually, on second thought, the Yanks could clinch on fri. if the yanks win tomorrow and fri and the sux lose tomorrow.

Kearney Sauce

The Humpty Dumpty Club
biglarry1 said:
I think there were a few objective fans who said that the pennant race would come down to the final weekend series between the Yanks and BoSox.
Few?

The whole baseball world knew that. How long have you been following baseball?

Haven't heard from Yankee Curse, Red Sox Nation or the other Boston fans on UG for months, so let's all wait until we have something to really celebrate before we start inviting trouble.

I am a Yankees fan. That being said, I also must say that the way the Yankees, the Sox, and Cleveland have been playing, they all deserve to be in the playoffs. When it boils down to such a fine line as to who gets in, I think that luck can be a major factor.

Kearney Sauce

The Humpty Dumpty Club
SlickWilly said:
Haven't heard from Yankee Curse, Red Sox Nation or the other Boston fans on UG for months.
YANKEE Curse? YANKEE? What curse is that .. not enough fingers for all our rings? C'mon now.

And you haven't heard from any of Red Sox Nation because they're too busy changing their undies. They don't have the guts to show their faces now.

SlickWilly said:
So let's all wait until we have something to really celebrate before we start inviting trouble.
Don't be a wuss. Nothing can stop us now. There is no power in heaven or earth that can prevent the inevitable and what is rightfully ours.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Don't be a wuss. Nothing can stop us now. There is no power in heaven or earth that can prevent the inevitable and what is rightfully ours.

Thats exactly what I thought when we had a 3-0 game lead on Redsox last year.

Kearney Sauce

The Humpty Dumpty Club
Troutman said:
I am a Yankees fan. That being said, I also must say that the way the Yankees, the Sox, and Cleveland have been playing, they all deserve to be in the playoffs. When it boils down to such a fine line as to who gets in, I think that luck can be a major factor.
Fine line? LUCK????? You gotta be kidding.

What's with all the sudden Yankee fan wimpiness? There's NO fine line. There's NO luck involved. We are a dominating force now. No other team comes close. So get yourself to The Stadium during the playoffs and cheer your lungs out for the next Ring that belongs to US.

Kearney Sauce said:
Lighting doesn't ever strike twice in the same place. Get over last year. It'll never happen again.
OK, but if they lose, guess who's going to be hearing shit about it. For months we had to endure the ranting and raving of two Yankee haters, Yankee Curse and Red Sox Nation (who may have possibly been the same person). Don't set us up for a winter of the same.

And you haven't heard from any of Red Sox Nation because they're too busy changing their undies. They don't have the guts to show their faces now.
Uh, excuse me? Almost 160 games into the season, and with a $210 million dollar payroll, and the Yanks just yesterday went ahead by - ONE GAME? During the entire season, the Yanks have been in first place a grand total of FOUR DAYS.

And, you wonder why so many intelligent baseball fans hate Yankee fans.

It's not too late for all you wannabe-Yankee-fans to jump on the World Series Express departing on Track Number One in a few weeks.
Pitching wins in October. If they make it there, who will the Yanks be using for pitching? Lets see - Randy Johnson (42 years old, arthritic knees, has given up more HR's this year than any in his career) Mike Mussina (is he healthy? Just got hammered by the Orioles) Ching Ming Wang (who?) Aaron Small (career minor leaguer who will not be new to any team he faces in the postseason) Shawn Chacon (see Small, except for the minor leaguer part insert member of the feared Rockies) and a completely washed up Al Leiter (who is, yep - completely washed up). Follow that up with some of the worst middle relief you will ever see (names not worth mentioning) and the only highlight is Rivera (and maybe Gordon). Any team the Yanks face will feature much tougher pitching than that, and it's doubtful the Yanks would win one series.

SlickWilly said:
OK, but if they lose, guess who's going to be hearing shit about it. For months we had to endure the ranting and raving of two Yankee haters, Yankee Curse and Red Sox Nation (who may have possibly been the same person). Don't set us up for a winter of the same.

If it does happen again you owe me a session at Whisper or Treasure.

Don't get me wrong, the Red Sox are almost a big fat bloated team as the Yankee. So to tell you the truth, it would be nice to have one season without either in the playoffs. But just look at the Yankee schedule the last 2 weeks. All those games with baltimore who pretty much have called it a season a month ago. One of the Baltimore O's actually said that they're not only counting the days till the season ends but "we're counting the hours" So there you have it. A bloated 240 million dollar team catching up at the end of the season playing 10 games against the worst team in baseball. Big whoop. And then what? They're gonna knock the Sox out? Big whoop again. If I were Joe Torre I would be embarrased if the Yanks didn't sweep the Red Sox this weekend. Look at the Red Sox pitching rotation Fri-Sun----
1)David Wells, 41 years old, obese, bad case of the gout
2)Wakefield, A knuckleball pitcher,
3)Curt Shilling, 40 years old with a torn up, forever busted ankle, 5.80 Era this season

Give me a chance, I can go 3 for 10 against that rotation.

Kearney Sauce said:
Fine line? LUCK????? You gotta be kidding.

What's with all the sudden Yankee fan wimpiness? There's NO fine line. There's NO luck involved. We are a dominating force now. No other team comes close. So get yourself to The Stadium during the playoffs and cheer your lungs out for the next Ring that belongs to US.
Right. You sound like you must be as big an ass as the Boston fans.

Kearney Sauce said:
Few?

The whole baseball world knew that. How long have you been following baseball?
I have been following baseball since 1960 .
The reason I said a few objective fans is that from most of the posts on previous baseball threads have been from more fanatical fans who either
think his team can do no wrong or are just haters of the other team. I saw
very few comments suggesting the season would come down to this weekend.

So, the big weekend is set up and either the Yanks or Sox could end up with a 164 game season. Very exciting. The Sox do not have to face the Yanks two best pitchers for the past 2 months (Small and Chacon) and the Yanks must face the Sox ONLY solid starter for the past two months (Wakefield), so here's to the victors. They probably get to play Cleveland.......

My prediction (wishful, I admit; We Sox fans are more humble than you Yankee a-holes):

The Sox will win Friday and Saturday. The Yanks will win Sunday. The Sox will win Monday and the Yanks will lose to Cleveland on Tuesday .......

Kearney Sauce

The Humpty Dumpty Club
jam master jay said:
Uh, excuse me? Almost 160 games into the season, and with a $210 million dollar payroll, and the Yanks just yesterday went ahead by - ONE GAME.
I guess you never heard of the "dangling the carrot" technique. It's more painful for a team that THINKS they have a chance and loses. Red Sox Nation is about to feel a lot of pain. Sweet.