The real reason you're fat

I thought that was because of MTV
LMAO. No doubt that has a lot to do with how they are socialized for sex at an earlier age, but doesn't explain why I have to start asking younger girls for IDs just to make sure they are fair game.

Sidestory: A few summers ago I met this really cute cashier at a store up in Rockland. So I add that place to my rotation and I'm trying to catch a rap with this girl when I'm there. Really pretty girl with a really nice body. I figured she was 19 or 20. So one day towards the end of the summer we're talking and mentions something about school and I ask her what college she goes to. She looks at me and tells me she's 15 and still in HS. I almost shit my pants right there, but was really glad she told me because I was planning on trying to take her out before she "left" for school. Now I don't remember the 15 yr old girls when I was in school looking like that.

I'm sure if the beef council forks over enough dough, some scientist will say those chemicals are actually good for you. I tend to trust studies like this to some extent for a few reasons:

1) Some of it is just common sense.

2) A study like this has no money-driven agenda. A study refuting it would, and there are plenty of corporations who'd pay big to do that so they can keep polluting Americans and getting rich.

3) Well, there is no three really, just seems kind of silly to put the 1) and 2) up there without a 3).
LOL about the 3 point. It is the one I really agree.
No time to make my case though. I am hurrying up to eat a lunch full of wrong chemicals.

It is a fact that the steroids and hormones in the non organic poultry causes bulk weight. It also is causing young girls to get thier periods as early as nine. There is a problem with the chemicals they put in so called healthy food like chicken.

Another factor with is a trickle down aspect is pharmaceutical weight gain is due to rise in air pollution and lead paint more people are developing asthma. In more significant cases people must take steroids injection and pills to keep it in check. I was just diagnosed with asthma after coughing and difficulty breathing for two weeks straight. I never had an allergy my whole life, I have basically had a cat on my head while I sleep for the past 10 years with not even a sniffle. Due to construction with a blatant lack safety precautions in the ad****ning building from where I live I now need a steroid inhaler and it is getting worse where I may have to take pills. I know these preventive drugs make you gain bulk weight since I had to take them when I had Bell's Palsy and I gained alot even thought I barely ate because I had lost the use of my taste buds and when that happens all food is rancid.

Let's not forget birth control although that only affects woman. A woman can diet and exercise all she want but if a women needs to take it for medical reasons she will gain weight with the exception of a very small few. It is the most common solution to cure painful periods caused by diseases like endometriosis. GYN's force it on patients with a vengeance (most of the time not specifying the side affects). I became sick in the UK and the doctor asked me if I want birth control even though my ailment had nothing to do with it, it's insane and I gave him a piece of my mind. It's laziness and a quick fix and most insurance companies do not want to cover laparoscopic surgery as an alternative. What do they care since they don't have to live your your body when you gain a 10-30 pounds in a matter of months without changing your diet. So you live with loss of work and moderate to agonozing pain for roughly a two of the month or live with depression from bulk and water weight gain 4 weeks of the month, that's the choice.

Last edited:
Emily, thank you for sharing some of your personal experience and wisdom on this subject. I'm sorry to hear about your asthma BTW. I hope you feel better. Do you have any legal recourse?

Emily, thank you for sharing some of your personal experience and wisdom on this subject. I'm sorry to hear about your asthma BTW. I hope you feel better. Do you have any legal recourse?
Thanks so much. I thought about just throwing eggs at them but came to my senses and called 311 dozens of times. I then called the comptroller who connected me with DEP. The inspector came to my apartment and I showed him what was going on from my point and he told me to get a lawyer because they were not following any safety procedures to protect the tenants in the other building. I have learned so much about the DEP laws from research I could be an inspector myself. I am not the suing type and I worry if they start digging and find out my occupation. The building is owned by the city so it could get really involved. I am speaking at my next community board meeting regarding the issue of the mass construction.

There are also two high risers being developed on both of my corner but the building that is really affecting me is a stone throw away, plus those fuckers cut my trees down because they were 5 inches on thier property and they could. If I had advance notice I might have chained myself to them in protest. I am sure I will be better if I either move of ride out the Bloomberg inspired mass gentrification and so call rejuvenation (the DOB inspector gave me the skinny on that). My pharmacist told me there has been a surge in prescriptions of inhaler so I am not the only one.

Last edited:
I am not the suing type and I worry if they start digging and find out my occupation.
Does sound like this could be a class-action suit. And if the developers are not following safety procedures, well...you are not exactly ambulance-chasing.

Perhaps you are close with someone else in your building whose name could go on the paperwork and do the actual lawsuit.

Does sound like this could be a class-action suit. And if the developers are not following safety procedures, well...you are not exactly ambulance-chasing.

Perhaps you are close with someone else in your building whose name could go on the paperwork and do the actual lawsuit.
You would think but I live amongst a bunch of spineless sheep who don't want to get involved. In fact I was the only one who complained.

A totally unrelated story but a typical example of what my neighbors are like. Years ago I was physically attacked by a schizophrenic who claims my cat was giving him brain cancer in the hallway a few floors down. It was years in the making, we shared a window and he used to blast old Lenny Bruce albums really loud and he would say lewd things to me like he wonders how I fuck, ect. I called the cops but he has a baby with a mail order bride so they both said I attacked thier baby and it was self defense got away with it. If I pressed charges I would have been also charged but with child abuse and who knows what he was doing to the kid before that day so I had to refuse charges against him. A few weeks later this guy who lives in the apartment where I was attacked asked me if I was okay. Apparently he was home heard the whole thing, could prove I was innocent, knew the cops were called and decided to hide like a snivling coward and say or do nothing to help me. These are the kind of people I am dealing with.

Just and update in case anyone wants to know what happened after. The freak of nature moved a year later but subleased for alot more that the rent was. Last month a woman from the Child Protective Services was looking for him. She wanted to speak to me because I filed a complaint against him with the police. He is under serious investigation for child abuse and they could not find him since he moved around alot and had many address. Last week I heard him moving out completely. Funny how things turn around.

Sorry to go off topic.

I spent 18 months losing about 90 lbs. While I believe that chemicals and hormones do effect our weight, as the do our moods, I found the best way to get healthy was proper eating and an active lifestyle. In '05, my doctor said I would "die" early if I didn't lose weight. Always being heavy, it was a major lifestyle change. I had always been told I may have a thyroid problem (chemical/hormone) but I didn't take anything to help. I started off slowly and in about 3 months dropped 20 lbs. All that was was no chips, pasta and mild exercise. I soon wanted to do more and every three months my routine changed and incorporated more exercise and even better eating.

I do believe that media contributes to obesity, promoting cook, fast food, etc. But we make our choices in what/how to eat. But for a lot of people, there needs to be a catalyst for waking up and making the change, i.e. you will die/you have a heart attack.

I now am a poster child good health. Regular activity and eating well about 92% of the time. It was a lifestyle change, not a diet. And you have to want to do it and maintain it. I had asthma and joint pain, that all disappeared with the loss.

I can't resist bragging a little bit about my recent weight loss, because I've been working really really hard. I'm down to my coke head weight again through diet and exercise alone! I haven't weighed this little healthily since I was about 21 and it feels pretty awesome.

I can't resist bragging a little bit about my recent weight loss, because I've been working really really hard. I'm down to my coke head weight again through diet and exercise alone! I haven't weighed this little healthily since I was about 21 and it feels pretty awesome.
Congratulations, that's great, good for you.