The Perfect Cover SIngle

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
John Francis was my first "board friend", and one of the first of a legion of "disaffected JAGsters". He set up one of the first "NotJAG" sites on some free server ( ?onelist? ).

No fighting, but:

What do you think about the cover version of Aerosmith's "Walk this Way" done by Run DMC (with Aerosmith)?

I just like the way Steven Tyler breaks into the song.

Originally posted by Kman67
No fighting, but:

What do you think about the cover version of Aerosmith's "Walk this Way" done by Run DMC (with Aerosmith)?
perhaps the most effective cover ever. launched run dmc's crossover success, and revived aerosmiths career, taking them from oblivion to greater popularity than they had ever dreamed of.

and i just love the video

Last edited:
Not sure if I'd consider that a cover or a remix...(before folks complain about that consider that some remixes ultimately contain virtually none of the original tracks other than vocals)...

justbill_redux...sorry, but if I get an opening I'll always take a shot at the Dead...it's what I do...it's in my nature...

But I'd totally agree that the RUN DMC version was perfect...more perfect than the original in fact...I am just having trouble figuring out what box to put it in...which I guess is part of its greatness...

justme

homo economicus
Originally posted by RufusMoses
(before folks complain about that consider that some remixes ultimately contain virtually none of the original tracks other than vocals)...
I don't consider those remixes either. I consider them crap (for the most part). If I have to hear one more vocal track from a good song pumped on top of generic electronica...