The most memorable swing in baseball?

Show ended up sitting on the mound while both Reds and Padres congratulated Rose. Apparently Show was known to be a major asshole.

Wan't he one of a half doen Padres who were members of the Birch society and the Padre curse. I think about a dozen players from that roster are dead. Allen Wiggins, Dave Dravecky, Show...

As we head into the all-star break, I thought it fitting to resurrect this thread.

My vote goes to Mike Piazza's post 9/11 home run, because it transcended the game itself as it was the start of the city's healing process.

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
Didn't read the whole thread but an old fuck chiming in here.
I've got two. One is easy, Kirk Gibson against eckersley in the world series.
How's this one, the swing and miss for the final out in don larsens perfect game?

How's this one, the swing and miss for the final out in don larsens perfect game?
Okay, if you're going down that road, how about a nomination for non-swing. My most memorable moment is the Mets NLCS game 7 from 2006 with Carlos Beltran striking out to end the season with the bat on his shoulder.

How about Reggie Jackson swinging out of his shoes in game 2 of the World Series in 1978 against Bob Welch and the Dodgers? He had some crazy swings during that at bat and finally struck out to end the game.

That was awesome LISteve . Also Tino Martinez homerun in the World Series...i know a few people that were there and they told me the stadium felt like it was shaking!

May 22, 1963 - Mickey Mantle at the old Yankee Stadium. Estimates said the ball would have gone over 700 feet if it didn't hit the façade at the top of the stadium. The ball hit the façade so hard, it bounced all the way back to the infield.

A bit before my time bomber ... those homers against Arizona to tie/win games were incredible. Brosius, Tino, Jeter. Amazing. Soriano in game 7 would have been the game winner if not for Mariano hiccup.

Leyritz in 95 playoffs in extra innings was amazing.

Leyrits in 96 against Wohlers.

Tino grand slam against San Diego.

I remember Damon hitting the grand slam against us in 2004 to essentially lock up the loss.

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
2004....UGH !!!!!!!
Worst collapse in the history of baseball.
Mighty Casey, should have remembered that one.
I was lucky enough to be at the old stadium when Mickey hit 500, never forget it.

For me at least. In order:
1. Gibsons HR.........Although I hated the 70s Dodgers. It was because as hurt as his Quad was I actually called it before it happened while sitting there with brother & friends and they all thought I was Nuts. For all the Hitting coaches that I argued with while I coached for over 15 years that say "ALL your power comes from your legs and rotation of the hips" I would say there's more than 1 way to skin a cat.....It was evidence what the laws of physics provide for when you have amazingly quick wrists, a strong Top Hand swing and the velocity of the pitch coming in.
2. Mike Piazzas...For all the right reasons
3.Johnny Bench's final HR....As well as WS HRs and All Star Game HRs He was my guy and For some reason at the time there was nothing better than watchin him go out with a bang.

On a Side Note
1.Show was a bitch you're right. But having a son who pitches has taught me more of the Pitchers mentality and I've softened over the years on how he handled that.
2. Carlton Fisks Game 5 HR annoys the shit outta me. .....F#^%ing Boston fans made it such a big deal when in the end it was MEANINGLESS....You lost the Series to the Bettter team(with the far superior catcher)

In the end that's the Beauty part of Baseball....There have been soooo many Memorable Swings