The kinkier side of vanilla?

franca

<color=pink>Silver</color>
Most men are pretty tame, and find satisfaction in the basics—kissing, petting, oral and vaginal sex. I know many would like to (and do) expand their sexual repertoire, but are turned off by heavy BDSM play. I'm curious. Those of you that are mostly vanilla, what sort of "alternative" sex play do you engage in (or would like to engage in)? If you haven't explored these desires yet (or not for a long time) what's keeping you from doing it? I'd like to know both your experiences as a john and in your personal life.

ooooh! Good question. I too would love to know what you all have to say.

I used to get so excited when I did VHM stuff and someone would propose something unusual to me. Especially role playing. How come more guys don't enjoy and/or participate in this kind of thing? It's so much fun.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Because most guys period are as repressed about sex as the rest of society. Just because they are seeing hookers doesn't make them sexually adventurous. But in session, that vast majority of working girls aren't much better.

Those of you that are mostly vanilla, what sort of "alternative" sex play do you engage in (or would like to engage in)?
I like to talk about critical theory, continental European philosophy (English logical positivism is a big sexual turn-off, IMO), that kind of thing.

If you haven't explored these desires yet (or not for a long time) what's keeping you from doing it?
Oh come on. Even I have some shame.

(Who am I kidding? I explore this particular perversion all the time.)

franca

Some people get off from various forms of humiliation. That one way to turn shame into a kink. The shame associated with certain acts, like anal penetration, makes it more enjoyable for some. They may not want to get rid of their hangups.

Wait. Sorry. I was making a dumb joke.

I was saying that I don't explore my kink of enjoying pretentious conversation more because I have a sense of shame.

Then I was taking it back, acknowledging that I do it (engage in pretentious conversation) anyway.

I apologize (sincerely). I know we're not supposed to joke around on the Alternative Board.

Last edited:

franca

Joking is fine with me. I'd also love to know if you have a serious answer to any of the questions posed in this thread.

franca

"Kinky," "vanilla," and "heavy BDSM" being relative terms (of course), I expect that replies would vary depending on the poster's POV. To me, cock-and-ball torture, electrotorture or severe caning (to the point of leaving bruises) is heavy BDSM, whereas fisting or GS are relatively mild play. For some posters, just a spanking is probably plenty heavy.

Slinky Bender

severe caning (to the point of leaving bruises) .
I was out with a friend who is a hard sub a while back and she lifted her skirt to show me her black-and-blue ass. She then told me that the guy didn't touch her ass. He caned her back so hard that it broke a bunch of blood vessels ans teh blood collected in her ass and made it look black-and-blue.

Slinky Bender

"Kinky," "vanilla," and "heavy BDSM" being relative terms (of course), I expect that replies would vary depending on the poster's POV. To me, cock-and-ball torture, electrotorture or severe caning (to the point of leaving bruises) is heavy BDSM, whereas fisting or GS are relatively mild play. For some posters, just a spanking is probably plenty heavy.

See, it's tough to define what is what, and what is heavier of harder than what, because there's so much overlap due to the degrees of hardness of play. A whole lot of guys go see some sub for the first time (or only time) and "cane" them so "hard" taht the girl asks "are you going to start soon?". A brutal fisting can be a lot harder than "play" CBT. With GS, what's going on? Is some girl peeing on a guy's foot, or is a guy forcing some girl to swallow two gallons direct?

And how about bondage? For some, even light bondage is VERY hard, because of the freak out factor of it.

Slinky Bender

Oh, and before anyone beats me to it:

The difference between kinky and perverted: with kinky you use a feather, with perverted you use the whole chicken.

Slinky Bender

On to more seriously on topic: I can't say I have any particular kink, but I'll sprinkle the thread with a thing or two, if people will match me. First one:

I like gagging. Best is the classic Throat Gaggers stuff: eyes tearing, nose running, mascara all over the place, snot mixed with spit mixed with......... I know I've gotten a good blowjob if I'm drenched from my nipples to my knees. Some guys don't like puke during this, but it doesn't particularly bother me. While it's NOT a turn on for me, at least I know she's really trying if it happens. There's a great scene which was on one of the Wild West Extreme sites* (I think Extreme Alex) where a girl eats a huge vanilla ice cream sundae and then another girl gags her with a big black strap-on till she pukes. It's wild seeing the pure white avalanche coming out of her mouth. I've wanted to try this with someone, but haven't had the opportunity (I actually fantasized about doing it with a black girl and a white girl, one with chocolate and one with vanilla - see, I tied it into the thread title).

Here's part of the clip, but this part is more standard puking stuff (not really a turn-on for me. http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cach...ml+extreme+alex+puke&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=3

* They pulled the scene because of fears of catching legal problems after the Rob Black indictments.