The Deuce

Has anyone watched the Deuce on HBO?
It will bring back memories for Alot of the old timers ( over 60) that messed around in midtown in the 70s.

Lots of hotties with good writing and acting. Alot of actors from the wire. Another great show.

Has anyone watched the Deuce on HBO?
It will bring back memories for Alot of the old timers ( over 60) that messed around in midtown in the 70s.

Lots of hotties with good writing and acting. Alot of actors from the wire. Another great show.
Slick I watched the entire first season and it was awesome.... Franco is amazing in the duel role..... Can't wait for second season

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
I watched the first 6 or 7 episodes. Thought it was just ok, but I'm not a Franco-phile. Some things were just wrong, but they were probably minor details to most people. (Like how much he paid for the girls from the brothel out by Kennedy Airport to come work for a night, whether pimps would let their streetwalkers work for someone else in a new brothel, the amount of money being collected from peeps at that time).

I watched the first 6 or 7 episodes. Thought it was just ok, but I'm not a Franco-phile. Some things were just wrong, but they were probably minor details to most people. (Like how much he paid for the girls from the brothel out by Kennedy Airport to come work for a night, whether pimps would let their streetwalkers work for someone else in a new brothel, the amount of money being collected from peeps at that time).
I'm not a fan of Franco either. Especially his personal life. But I thought he did a great job. Its a shame you didn't see the season finale. It was a good one.
Its still an interesting look back at those times with all of the crooked cops and all..

Tried binging season 1 on Brother B’s advice.
Lost interest during episode 3-4?
Maybe try again?
It does bog down at times. And there are a lot of characters to follow. I found that focusing on just a few characters allowed me to get through it when it gets overwhelming. Picturing yourself as one of the pimps sometimes helps, too. :D

The show is a slow burn, like Treme or The Wire at times. It's kinda the David Simon signature, where lots of stuff happens but nothing really happens, and even when stuff happens life just carries on.

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
It does bog down at times. And there are a lot of characters to follow. I found that focusing on just a few characters allowed me to get through it when it gets overwhelming. Picturing yourself as one of the pimps sometimes helps, too. :D
Can I start with season 2?

The show is a slow burn, like Treme or The Wire at times. It's kinda the David Simon signature, where lots of stuff happens but nothing really happens, and even when stuff happens life just carries on.
I thought the wire was brilliant. Lots of great characters. You had to love Omar.
They did a great job finishing it off. I think one of the points of the show is that life always moves on.
Treme was hard to follow for me. I didn't finish it.

Some can say game of thrones is hard to follow with all of the characters and different story lines but its still one of the best shows ever done. Imho.

But hey, different strokes.

If you get a jail broken fire stick
( that's what they call it after you hack it) You can watch pretty much anything for free. Movies in theaters too.
You can get a fire stick for about $40 from bestbuy.
Then you need to put 2 programs on it.
There are videos on YouTube that will show you how.