The death of any illusions about my sanity

here's something you might consider: some people have the ability to have two equally opposing emotions/ideas in their head at one time. no. 2, my ex-husband, was particularly proficient at the this. ultimately, after a long marriage i realized we he was able to take 2 absolutely opposite positions, in the moment he believed the veracity of each. he was like zelig or something . . . so influenced by his surroundings that he could change to suit them. my friends and i always kidded that if we found out he had a 2nd wife and other family living in another state it would have been NO SURPRISE at all. in fact, people have done this. is it called a fugue state?

so your ability to read or not such a person would be immaterial.

Last edited:
Originally posted by h. von bingen
all i can think about when i read a statement like this, or when i read about jl's "dates" is: my life already is too too too hectic. what appeals to me is the monastic life, st. michel maybe?

i feel more like this:

Again and again the same situation
For so many years
Tethered to a ringing telephone
In a room full ot mirrors
A pretty girl in your bathroom
Checking out her sex appeal
I asked myself when you said you loved me
'Do you think this can be real?"

Still I sent up my prayer
Wondering where it had to go
With heaven full of astronauts
And the Lord on death row
While the millions of his lost and lonely ones
CalI out and clamour to be found
Caught in their struggle for higher positions
And their search for love that sticks around

You've had lots of lovely women
Now you turn your gaze to me
Weighing the beauty and the imperfection
To see if I'm worthy
Like the church
Like a cop
Like a mother
You want me to be truthful
Sometimes you turn it on me like a weapon though
And I need your approval

Still I sent up my prayer
Wondering who was there to hear
I said "Send me somebody
Who's strong, and somewhat sincere"
With the millions of the lost and lonely ones
I called out to be released
Caught in my struggle for higher achievement
And my search for love
That don't seem to cease

Originally posted by h. von bingen
here's something you might consider: some people have the ability to have two equally opposing emotions/ideas in their head at one time. no.
so your ability to read or not such a person would be immaterial.
Exactly

The fact that he was told things that were not true does not necessarily mean he was told lies.

Originally posted by buddyyy Exactly

The fact that he was told things that were not true does not necessarily mean he was told lies.
While it doesn't necessarily mean that I was told lies, I believe that in my case, I was told lies.

I agree that some people are capable of believing two opposing things at the same time. However, I am convinced this was not what was happening with Amy/Lisa. On those occasions, she simply lied. If there is ambiguity, it is this: perhaps she lied just to me, or perhaps she was also lying to herself at the same time.

I wonder if it is easier to read a person through the ambiguity of lies, or through the ambiguity of a cultural and language gulf of the sort jm faced with Kimmie.

Originally posted by donquixote04
While it doesn't necessarily mean that I was told lies, I believe that in my case, I was told lies.

I agree that some people are capable of believing two opposing things at the same time. However, I am convinced this was not what was happening with Amy/Lisa. On those occasions, she simply lied. If there is ambiguity, it is this: perhaps she lied just to me, or perhaps she was also lying to herself at the same time.

I wonder if it is easier to read a person through the ambiguity of lies, or through the ambiguity of a cultural and language gulf of the sort jm faced with Kimmie.
yes, well, even no. 2 told actual lies when he needed to butress an originally asserted story. don't be mistaken, you were a fool, b/c irrespective of whether lies were told, more scientific data was available to you of which you refused to avail yourself. i guess this a complicated way of saying: it takes 2 to tango. that was certainly true in my case.

Originally posted by h. von bingen ... don't be mistaken, you were a fool, b/c irrespective of whether lies were told, more scientific data was available to you of which you refused to avail yourself. i guess this a complicated way of saying: it takes 2 to tango. ...
Do you mean this to be generally true for anyone who is lied to? Or do you mean this is true for me, in particular, with respect to my relationship with Amy/Lisa? If the latter, to what additional data are you referring?

Judge Crater Pierces the Void in an Anti-Matter Expirement: Update

(In a repeat session that was every bit as malicious and lust inspiring as the first, my heroine disclosed to me her true name ( (Sally Ann McGilliudy - She was lying, of course. I checked her purse. Her real name is Patrice Kulpuski. It said so anyway on the driver's license. I think it was real.), and professed her undying love for me.

It seems that I am the first man she has ever felt comfortable with in expressing her anger. Although my face is now scarred for life from the additional beating she gave me, I am now very proud of myself for the role I am playing in assisting her in her spiritual and psychological development.)

(We are to marry in August in a double ceremony with my sister and her fiancee. Thereafter, we will move to Utah to take up residence in the mountains where polygamy is widely tolerated and the children often have 12 toes. My wife says she's ok with this as long as she gets more sleep. She has always liked Utah.)

(Sally/Patrice wants to have four daughters. We shall name them: Trixie, Babette, Shauna and Clarice. If there are any boys, they shall all be named John, but will have different middle names to help the authorities tell the difference between them. She also wants to get involved in scouting and go to garage sales every Saturday morning.)

(We are all looking forward to our new life together.)

(We shall write often.)

Re: Judge Crater Pierces the Void in an Anti-Matter Expirement: Update

Originally posted by Judge Crater
(
(We are all looking forward to our new life together.)

(We shall write often.)
Best wishes on the new life.

Have you begun scouting the local talent out there?

I don't think there've been more than one or two prostitutes I saw more than twice who I wasn't on a real-name basis with.

Aristotle is right: I'm such a hapless pussycat.

Last edited:
I do have to say, though, that one thing that's always amused me with strippers is the way they all contrive to gratuitously throw their real name into a conversation when they decide you've reached the point where you "know" each other well enough.

I always thought there ought to be a Hallmark card for you to give them then: "On your telling me your real name" or some such.

I have experienced the same thing. After seeing a lady a couple of times they will "inadvertently" somehow make the real name known to me.

My sense is that it is generally done to foster closeness between the client and the provider and thereby foster increased repeat business.

I have always taken the fact that the name I was told under those circumstances was their real name with a grain of salt. I have a name that I use in those situations but it is not my real name.

To create a sense of increasing intimacy on an ongoing basis I would imagine that it would be possible for a provider to have a few levels of real names that she reveals to the client periodically in appropriate moments of denouement.