Supermarket stories

This female friend of mine actually trolls the supermarkets looking for dates. She says that you should always go between 5pm and 7pm. I guess there's more people there at that time.

She's an irish girl about 5'6" and 150 lbs. Maybe a 4. A bit too chunky for me, or else I would have hit it. Anyways, I seen girls sneaking a peek at me while wandering the aisles, but what opening line would you use? I heard someone say - just ask for the recipe for pesto. You're making your mom a pesto dinner for her birthday since it's her favorite dish, but you have no idea what the ingrediants are...

5p-7p is singles time at the supermarket, on the way home from work. Usually best time to "shop". Also, look at what's in her cart. You can tell lots by what and how much she's buying.

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
Was at the Stop 'N Shop today and got the number of the pretty Haitan cashier. I'll report back on this later on. Hopefully we'll have something decent to discuss...

Gavy

One of the all time great lines

In "My Blue Heaven" (IMHO one of the greatest comedies ever made), Steve Martin picks up a girl in the frozen food section of the supermarket, telling her that she shouldn't be allowed there, because she's SO HOT that she'll melt all the food! She swoons right into his arms, and they walk off cart-to-cart....

In "My Blue Heaven" (IMHO one of the greatest comedies ever made), Steve Martin picks up a girl in the frozen food section of the supermarket, telling her that she shouldn't be allowed there, because she's SO HOT that she'll melt all the food! She swoons right into his arms, and they walk off cart-to-cart....
I agree, maybe the top 7 or 8. Arugula....its a vegetable.... I think the girl was Bernadette Peters, very funny scene in the frozen food aisle.