Super Bowl Predictions

Cloud Nine

I had to open my big mouth.......
No way would I take NE with the points. With the Eagles D playing lights out in the playoffs look for this to be a very close game. I wouldnt dare pick which team but I would expect a score similar to 20-17.

My prediction

Paul McCartney will stink up the joint. Bring back nekkid titties at halftime.

Budweiser will have the best commercials

Terrell Owens will play. He will score 1 TD.

The Eagles will be infused with positive emotion and win a nail biter 17-14 on a David Akers FG late in the 4th quarter.

Nobody thought NE could beat the Rams several years ago, and they just came in and played football winning it late on a Vinateri FG. History does have a way of repeating itself.

The fans will be the biggest winners. Just like last years game of nip and tuck, this will be a showcase of some great football and many great individual efforts.

Trotter will be named MVP.

Last edited:

Cloud Nine

Since the UG servers were down last week, I wasnt able to post this on friday:

This is what I predict what will happen in this weeks playoff games.

I expect that BigBen will finally commit some big rookie mistakes and throw at least 3 interceptions and even though the Steelers will gain a lot of yards they lose this game 41-27.

The Eagles D will be monster against the Falcons and they will shut down Vick in an easy 27-10 win.

So that means that the Eagles willface the Pats!

Originally posted by Spaz Medicine
I do not see any way the Patriots don't win this game.
Miami 29, New England 28
Preview - Box Score - Recap

By STEVEN WINE, AP Sports Writer
December 21, 2004

MIAMI (AP) -- Their running back quit, their coach resigned and their season is in a shambles. But for some reason the Miami Dolphins kept trying against the Super Bowl champion New England Patriots, even when they trailed by 11 points with three minutes left.

And so the Dolphins staged a stunning comeback Monday night. With Tom Brady's ugly interception providing an opening, Miami scored two touchdowns in the final 2:07 to beat the Patriots 29-28 Monday night.

Much-maligned A.J. Feeley threw for the game-winning score, a 21-yard pass to Derrius Thompson on fourth-and-10 with 1:23 left.

The upset rivaled the biggest in Dolphins' history, because they've rarely been so woeful. Reeling ever since Ricky Williams' retirement in July, Miami (3-11) need the win to avoid being swept by AFC East opponents this season.

``I keep asking everybody, `Is it real?''' said linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo, who made the pivotal interception. ``It's a big-time win. I can't believe it.''

New England (12-2), which has already clinched the AFC East, lost ground to Pittsburgh (13-1) in the race for a first-round playoff bye and home-field advantage. The defeat was just the second in 29 games for the defending Super Bowl champions.

The Patriots appeared to clinch the win when Brady threw his third touchdown pass, a 2-yarder to Daniel Graham for a 28-17 lead with 3:59 left.

``That's a situation we're usually pretty good in,'' coach Bill Belichick said. ``We weren't tonight. ... I'm disappointed in that. I don't know how else to put it to you.''

The Dolphins drove 68 yards to score on Sammy Morris' 1-yard run with 2:07 remaining, and then came Brady's uncharacteristic mistake.

On third down, he threw as he was being sacked by Jason Taylor. The ill-advised, off-balance pass sailed directly to Ayanbadejo, giving Miami a first down at the Patriots' 21 with 1:45 to go.

``It was just a bad play,'' Brady said. ``I was trying to throw it and got my arm ripped. ... You try to make the play when there's not one to be made, and that's when mistakes come.''

Three plays later, on fourth and 10, Thompson beat Troy Brown -- a receiver who doubles as a fifth cornerback -- and made the winning catch in the end zone.

``We've been on the losing end of so many drives like that,'' Feeley said. ``It feels good to come out on top.''

Brady's fourth interception, a desperation throw picked off by Arturo Freeman with 58 seconds left, sealed the upset.

``Nobody gave us a chance,'' Taylor said. ``I hope they lost a lot of money with their 10-point spread.''

The Patriots lost despite a 121-yard rushing performance by Corey Dillon, and they lost after leading at halftime for the first time in 32 games.

The Dolphins wore orange jerseys for only the second time, and the uniform change altered their fortunes. Feeley overcame a slow start and four sacks to win for the second time in seven starts since coming to Miami.

The victory fattens the resume of interim coach Jim Bates, who is 2-3 since Dave Wannstedt resigned. Bates is expected to interview for the coaching job Tuesday.

``We'll think about that tomorrow,'' Bates said. ``Right now I'm just enjoying this victory. It is a sweet win to beat the world champions.''

Owner Wayne Huizenga interviewed former Oakland Raiders coach Art Shell on Monday but is expected to offer the job this week to LSU coach Nick Saban.

The game was one of the coldest ever at Pro Player Stadium, with the temperature 52 degrees at kickoff and then falling into the 40s. But the Patriots were raring to go, as usual, scoring first in their 19th consecutive game to extend an NFL record.

Brady threw two touchdown passes after they fell behind 17-14 midway through the third quarter. The Patriots needed only five minutes to regain the lead, with Brady directing a 71-yard march capped by a 2-yard scoring pass to Dillon.

Miami's first four possessions through the first 23 minutes netted minus 2 yards. But Wes Welker's 71-yard punt return to the 2 set up a touchdown dive by Morris on the next play for a 7-all tie.

This game was the same week that the Giant's almost beat the Steelers. Both 11 pt spreads... I had this mush telling me how NE and Pitt were the biggest locks. I told him the Giant's and fish were too good a teams to be getting those kind of points at home this late in the season.... teams play for pride.

Miami also played that game for their coach (Bates).

Truth

Arbeit Macht Frei
Originally posted by Cloud Nine
With the Eagles D playing lights out in the playoffs look for this to be a very close game.
Philly played a Vikings offense with a crippled Moss and a Falcons offense that thinks the forward pass is still illegal.

They haven't seen anything like they're gonna see next Sunday.

NE already faced a top-notch Pittsburgh defense ...... on the enemy's home turf .... and put up 41 points.

On the other side of the ball, Belichek will have someone up Westbrook's ass from the moment Bryant gets off the bus on Sunday, and that'll be all for the Eagle offense.

(T.O. won't be T.O. even if he plays so that's much ado about nothing.)

NE minus the points.

I would take the Eagles with the points. I am anticipating a close game just as the Pats other two SB victories were. They won both games with last minutes field goals and I feel the Eagles are much stronger than Carolina was last year.
As much as I WISH the Eagles to blow out the Pats, I have a large amount of respect for them and I think the game will be decided by a field goal. So take the points with the Eagles.

Using the Miami score to make a point that Eagles can win is absolutely laughable. That makes as much sense as me pointing out how the Eagles got handled by the Steelers who the Pats cleaned up pretty cleanly.

Last edited:

Cloud Nine

If youre going to trash the Eagles competition in the playoffs as an excuse for theyre being not as good take a look at the Colts who were a 1-5 dome team in the playoffs outside. (and the weather was particularly bad that day, hell, even NE scored only 20 points off of the Colts terrible D) Also look at the fading steelers, they barely beat the jets and big ben folded like a card table under the pressure and threw 3 picks. Look at the yardage, if NE doesnt get the TO's then that game may have went the other way.
The falcons cant throw but not many teams contained vick, dunn and duckett like the eagles d did, and the Vikes may be scrubs but their O still put up huge points with or wthout moss, I guess the Eagles d sucks huh?
Face it both teams are the best of the NFL and this will be a great close game.

BTW-reports are coming out that TO looks good, he was running and cutting.

Originally posted by Spaz Medicine
Using the Miami score to make a point that Eagles can win is absolutely laughable. That makes as much sense as me pointing out how the Eagles got handled by the Steelers who the Pats cleaned up pretty cleanly.
Au contraire. The Eagles and Pats both lost to Pgh on back to back weekends.

The point of using the Miami game is to show, that with homefield advantage still up for grabs and everything to play for, the Patriots laid an egg in Miami.

On any given Sunday..........

ya know I luv all you guys, but I dont know why you break down pro football so much. Its a bunch of animals, who would otherwise be (75%) incarcerated, 20% working blue collar jobs, and 5% white collar.
Its just whos having a better day, or who has a better arm, who has faster receivers, faster and stronger backs.......if TO comes in next week, at least Ill something to boo about.

Eagles with the points

Under

Statistically, the defenses are practically mirror images of one another.

Pats will be motivated since they're losing the O and D coordinators.

Eagles will be motivated by TO's presence.

But, this is an Eagle defense that shut down Atlanta's running game with it's multiple threats (Vick, Dunn) and shut down Culpepper to Moss.

If the Eagles win, I'll be modest. If they don't, I'll still like the entire organization. They'll be in the hunt next year as well.

Ozzy said:
Pitt 28 Jets 10

StL 35 Atlanta 14

Minny 31 Phila 21 (long layoff's and inaction hurt Phila and Atl)

Indy 30 NE 27

NFC Title game
Stl 45
Minny 38 (someone 8-8 is going to the SB this year)

Indy 20
Pitt 30

Super Bowl
Pitt 27
Stl 17

Had to go off my prediction of Phila vs Pitt in the SB due to TO.
Good thing you don't do this for a living. Your bookie probably can retire now.

I love reading these old threads after the fact because you can then clearly see who was good and who sucked. Here's a compilation of the predictions.

As much as I hate to admit it, the winner was a Mets fan, although if I had been in the competition, I would have won because I predicted the eventual SB outcome during the pre-season.

Winner.....MetsweepYanks - Pats over Eagles (earliest correct predicter, and he guaranteed the Jets would make the playoffs despite strong opposition from Thorn)

Honorable Mention..Larry1017 - Pats/Eagles
Honorable Mention..Cloud Nine - Pats/Eagles
Honorable Mention..Robnotbob - Pats/Eagles (but he said Jets wouldn't make playoffs)

DQ'd for multiple picks..Toreador - Eagles either lose to Pats or beat Steelers/Colts.
DQ'd for cheating (making pick the day before the SB)..Rooster - Pats/Eagles..Duh!

And now let's laugh at everybody else

Truth - Patriots/Vikings
BigLarry1 - Eagles/Steelers
Ozzy - Steelers/Eagles
Odd Fellow - Steelers/Eagles
Puddingman - Steelers/Eagles
Spaz - GB/Pats
Wishbone - Steelers / Eagles
Zteddybear - Eagles/ Steelers

And a real long guffaw for

Veritas - Indy / Philly
NJDawg - Colts / Falcons
Jam Master Jay - Steelers/Vikings (sorry Jay, but I must be fair)

Red Sox Nation said:
Good thing you don't do this for a living. Your bookie probably can retire now.

What... I'm not allowed to have an off week? I tried to go against the trends.... usually works well.... that week it didn't.

And I am a bookie you dope.

So where are your fabulous predictions?

Last edited: