Sopranos

I am a member of the French resistance!

Whats up with that pussy Artie Bucco getting beaten up by that wimpy french guy? Then trying to commit suicide with pills.

Now this is really scary... Anyone who gets his ass handed to him by a Frenchman should be ashamed. And then a guy who fails at suicide... Oy vay! However, it did get interesting at the end when Furio showed up at the Frog's crib. That will be good to see how it plays out next week.

As for me, I honestly believe that the best show on television on Sunday nights is Law and Order: Criminal Intent, with Vincent D'Onfrio - a real intense actor performing an intense character. I usually tape the Sopranos and watch it later in the week.

Interesting on the writing and directing sides of the show this week. Show was written by Michael Imperioli and directed by Steve Buscemi, who has been described as "the actors guild version of junk mail."

love vinny d'o . . . he did an aces

. . . abby hoffman, a fuck fantasy of mine from way back. i still lament the demise of homicide . . . it makes me want to leave my penthouse on the upper east side and move to to to . . . baltimore.

lady b's crab cakes,
hvb

i like stevie's work (he knows who i know), why junk mail? please elaborate. thanks.

what was that trees lounge movie of his?
hvb

Last edited:
Junk mail explained...

why junk mail? please elaborate. thanks.

That is a quote I read from an article a few days ago... No one doubts that Steve has talent, and he is ubiquitous (check it out, used the thesaurus for that one!). I loved his performance in Taratino's Reservoir Dogs. I just remember reading that quote and laughing my ass off. No offense meant, and I hope, none was taken.

So von bingen... you know some of Steve's pals from when he was a member of the NYFD? Interesting... I thought you were just some crazed individual who wrote half-intelligible messages.

didn't S.B. also direct the episode from last season where Chris and Paulie gets lost in the woods when they tried getting rid of the Russian guy?

oracle that epi was a classique . . .

esp. the deconstruction of paulie . . he goes from having his nails done in scene one to a crazed grandpa munster in the last. don't you think that epi was a metaphor 4 the weaked state of western culture (as epitomized by the mafia)? -- you know the decay of the family etc. moreover, the lone american hero (as portrayed by that hunter/fat guy -- who's wife just died -- representing the true american independent spirit, he could have been fuckin' daniel boone fer chrissakes). and the unconcious = the pine barrens (hey sigmund couldna done better.). no i think that was a good one, it was almost david lynchian.

of course, i can do this kind of crap with any show, i just think here it is a concious effort on the part of some hipster dufus -- (social register R U THERE?).

love and bullets,
hvb

me, i'd like to see roman polanski direct an epi w/anabella sciorra's illegitimate daughter as the romantic interest . . . casting calls anyone?

love that annabella, she's no bow wow wow,
hvb

yeah i knew him when he was a good guy, but unfortunately, i know him through more effete channels. wish i knew some of those fireguys more intimately, but they don't have time for a do nothing member of the cultural elite like myself.

can't start a fire w/o a spark,
this gun's 4 . . .
hvb

Last edited:
The biggest problem I had with that episode (focusing on the scenes in the woods) was that it wasn't believable. If I was in that situation I wouldn't freak out the way they did...and I am no Daniel Boone that is for sure. If my shoe came off in the snow I'd stop and find it. If I had a cell phone that sort of worked and sort of didn't I'd have used it to better advantage. I could go without eating for a day without going crazy over a packet of catsup and a few tictacs.

It was also sort of boring. The dialog out in the woods just wasn't that interesting or even funny.

Any metaphors seemed either like reaching or too obvious...there were just too many seams showing.

It did have a couple big laughs though. Bobby B in hunting drag. "Czechoslovakian interior decorator".

you are clearly not . . .

an italian-american. if there isn't mamma close by ready to gnaw her leg off to make a snowmobile and cook a nice dish of macaroni, these guys crumble like a like a. why do you think they carry GUNS? the refuge of the weak.

how's that 4 smearing an entire group with one fell swoop?
i think my ironic smirk will be lost on some,
hvb

Last edited:
I have to agree with Steamman. Both the episodes written by Christopher/Michael Imperioli have been very weak. The others have been good but the whole show seem kind of disjointed this year.
I still think Ralphie gets whacked before the season's over.

The fact that we discuss the show on a whore board, proves the show is a huge success.
Its boring this year because I guess "mob" life is pretty boring stuff.
Cant go around shooting and killing people every day. Who would be left?
So, they sit around and fight with their families and bore us to death.
Ill continue watching it.

last episode picked up a bit.

When Tony pulled over to that girls house I was sure he was going in for a quick bang, never expected the old leather belt beating...

Originally posted by jasonbuju
last episode picked up a bit.

When Tony pulled over to that girls house I was sure he was going in for a quick bang, never expected the old leather belt beating...
That was outstanding but I tuned in this week to see the Frenchman get his. Nothing. With 50 Gs on the line in the real world it would have been more important then the ex girlfriend.

I think the implication the week before was clear...Furio (sp?) went over and beat the crap out of the guy, thus intimidating him into paying back all the cash and interest (and I would guess "penalties") directly to Tony. I mean, they didn't say this or anything...I just thought that was what we were to assume from that shot of Furio staring down the French guy.

Nobody just watches a show and enjoys it for its entertainment value alone anymore?

I leave disection to surgeons. Me, when I can watch TV, which isn't very often, its time to turn down the frontal lobes and let the background assume the foreground for awhile.

Art imitating life isn't such a big deal when you have plenty of life imitating life with which to deal.

Just my opinion.

Originally posted by Thorn
Nobody just watches a show and enjoys it for its entertainment value alone anymore?

Entertainment value? What could possibly be more entertaining than listening to Tony and Carm bicker about their financial future, and then watching the big lug surreptitiously rifle through the feed bags to make sure his cash stash is still there?

Every single fucking week!

Last edited: