Sopranos

Is it just me or has the Sopranos jumped the shark this season?
It seems to have lost its luster. Tonight's episode was another disappointment. I'd like to hear other people's opinions out there.
Peace
Allyb

Horrible season so far, I want to see some violence, some hits, action. I don't need to know everyones personal life. Next week looks promising, some gunfire possibly? I never watched Dallas, is this what it was like? Prime time network shows have more action!

YUCK. Shave them balls!!!

I told you guys the violence wa going to be cut back because of 9/11. The producers wanted to tone it down. They felt they were promoting violence!

I watched the the WS last night, and Alias. Now thats a good show!!

Horrible

I thought last night's episode and last week's were pretty boring. Hopefully the story line will resume again next week.Bringing back tonight's mistress in death was pointless.

RufusMoses

(212) 513-0888
The Sopranos has always been mostly about the family story...the mob aspect is just a magnifying glass used to exaggerate what is true of all families (from the writers POV...i.e. his opinion of family relations...). Those disappointed with this season likely didn't get the show in the first place. Also the initial novelty has now warn off. I think it's just fine so far. I recently re-watched the 1st and 2nd season and they seem about the same as this one in terms of quality IMHO. In any case, I am willing to bet that those with blood lust will get their fill soon...

I don't think he feels betrayed (although that is what he complained about) so much as inadequate...maybe they will finally try to get it on and we will be treated with a story about teenage impotence...

hope it doesn't turn into . . .

summit 07901 (as most movies and tv shows seem to these days). i like nubile flesh as much as the next guy, but occassionally i need to see some paunch and sag . . . otherwise i feel marginalized.

give me a 36, i've already wasted 2 18s today,
hvb

Re: hope it doesn't turn into . . .

Originally posted by h. von bingen
summit 07901 (as most movies and tv shows seem to these days). i like nubile flesh as much as the next guy, but occassionally i need to see some paunch and sag . . . otherwise i feel marginalized.

give me a 36, i've already wasted 2 18s today,
hvb
Maybe you'll get to see Janice in the buff. Plenty of paunch there.

avert your eyes . . . pomo crit anal. coming . . .

i think the writer, david chase, is trying to show the viewer (i.e. the normal guy), too much identification with the mafia isn't good (i.e. not everybody can be tony soprano, nor should they). it shows a nice ambivalence about his own success in this area.

sorry, my education is showing,
hvb

Last edited:
The first part is, I think, more correct and mo' mo than pomo...just good old fashioned moralism...

being too lazy to look it up...was the part where Christopher toys with scriptwriting written by Impiriolli (spelling i am sure wrong...but you know...the real life guy who plays Chris M.) or Chase? *That* might have been Chases statement about himself...but not sure on any of these counts...just speculating...

Last edited:
yes, despite his advanced years . . .

don't you think chase sees him self as a babe in the pines or a neophyte if you will.
aaron sorkin he aint . . .

love that probiscus (sp?),
and that junkie look,
and his gfe,
wish that adriana was huffing me . . .
hvb

Last edited:
I think Chase sees himself as a filmmaker who accidently got wrapped up in television and is trying to work his way out (up) and back into films. He is a bit of a snob that way. What he likes about doing the Sopranos is that it really is more like making films than teevee...I don't think is sees himself as "pure" in any sense though...more like tainted and compromised...

what flix has . . .

chase written or directed? what's his bio? i know he IS italian.

funny tidbit: re: olivia etc. mario puzo said that everytime the godfather opened his mouth he heard his mother's voice coming out of it. anyone that knows an italian woman of a certain age knows that she puts admiral nelson, gens. patton and thucydides to shame strategy-wise (nappy b. 4 that matter).

grandma von bingen's little girl (i hope and i pray),
hvb