So, what have you been watching lately?

Shows I admit to watching IRL:

News
-Various programs on NY1 esp political coverage. This channel keeps me away from FIOS. Of all the mainstream networks (granted it may not be considered mainstream as it is cable only), this one has very little, if any, bias.

Sci-Fi
- Fringe
- Doctor Who (off season)
- Star Trek: TNG

Animal Planet
- Dogs 101 (new shows)
- Cats 101 (new shows)

Animation - Adult but not XXX
- Futurama (yes, new episodes)
- The Simpsons
- Family Guy (of late, I don't think they have been keeping it as fresh, which the Simpsons manages to do.)

Talk Show
- Chelsea Lately (once in while)
- The Soup

Mixed Format
- SNL

Misc
- Now Playing (TCM's 20 minute show on what's happening that month)

IRL, I would not admit to watching
Sci-Fi
- Caprica (off season and soon to be canceled)
- Haven (off season)
- Stargate Universe (I don't expect this to survive another season -- ratings way too low)
- Warehouse 13 (off season -- more campy than Sci-Fi)
- Eureka (off season)

Commentary
- The O'Reilly Factor
- Glen Beck (maybe once every two months. I think folks either watch him or Maher, but not both -- each is strident in his own way.)

I canceled HBO and other high-end channels after the Sopranos. I watch too much TV anyhow and don't want to be overly tempted.

Last edited:
Bored to Death

Bored to Death. Very well done show. I like the Brooklyn locations and the stoner Ted Danson (George) is very funny.

Some George Quotes:
"I'm going to drink as much booze and smoke as much pot as I want. Thank you very much."

"I love martinis. They heal all wounds."

"What is wrong with the world? Am I incapable of a selfless act? The act of going down on a woman gives me as much pleasure as it gives her."

"I really don't have an opinion, I'm too stoned to think, but I'm having a good time."

"Well let's get stoned and get something to eat in Brooklyn. It's not the Amazon but we... can make it lively."

‎"It's this other secret place to burrow into, but you don't have slide as far down the bed to get to it. Maybe it's laziness, I don't know."

Bored to Death. Very well done show. I like the Brooklyn locations and the stoner Ted Danson (George) is very funny.

Some George Quotes:
"I'm going to drink as much booze and smoke as much pot as I want. Thank you very much."

"I love martinis. They heal all wounds."

"What is wrong with the world? Am I incapable of a selfless act? The act of going down on a woman gives me as much pleasure as it gives her."

"I really don't have an opinion, I'm too stoned to think, but I'm having a good time."

"Well let's get stoned and get something to eat in Brooklyn. It's not the Amazon but we... can make it lively."

‎"It's this other secret place to burrow into, but you don't have slide as far down the bed to get to it. Maybe it's laziness, I don't know."
Bored to Death is the best comedy since Seinfeld, it's smart, extremely funny and has wonderful characters. Ted Danson keeps surprising me, he is immensely talented.

My new favorite show is Lights Out, being a boxing fan I just cannot resist. It's a familiar storyline but the script, direction and casting is so flawless it makes it seem fresh, I highly recommend.

Looking forward to The Borgias and Game of Thrones.

Mildred Peirce had moments in its first of three episodes.
I saw the pilot for the Borgias on demand, Jeremy Irons has been my favorite actor for decades and he does not disappoint. The show has promise but he is his usual brilliant self. I was glad it didn't have the cheap cinematography tricks like in Spartacus.

I love Mildred Peirce, it doesn't get much better then Kate, Joan Crawford would have approved. I normally think Guy Pierce is a fine actor, a little wooden but he is fantastic as Monty. The girl who plays a young Vida is also very good, I think Alison Lohman should have been casted as a grown up Vida but it's going to be the actress from True Blood who is in everything, I am sure she will be fine.

I am really upset another F/X show I like is not going to be picked up for another season, I hope Terriers and Lights Out find a home elsewhere so I can keep watching. I hate when they do that, you become invested in the characters and then left in limbo.

Terriers was canceled? %#^@# I enjoyed that one
The best thing for any F/X show to do is not be good or it will be canceled. They canceled Lights Out also which I really enjoy.

I saw The Killing, is was good, not spectacular but they have this one actor who is phenomenal. He is a rogue cop who plays by his own rules to get the job done, he speaks like Gary Oldman in True Romance, Danish actors are so good.