So, what have you been watching lately?

I get asked this alot and it's a great conversation piece. I have been discovering new shows and would like to know what I am missing out on.

My list right now:

Mad Men - It's off season but the finest show ever to air.

Breaking Bad - It should be coming back soon, brilliant, dark, real.

The Walking Dead - I saw it for the first time last night, zombietastic !!!

Dexter - I thought it was going the way of the Jimmy Smits season with Julia Stiles but what a turn of events, it's just so great (minus the novella parts with Batista).

Bored to Death - The best show airing right now, I just feel warm and happy every time I watch it. It's up there with Seinfeld as a original comic masterpiece, I wish it goes on for many years.

Archer - I am not a fan of animation but it's unlike anything drawn before, it's funnier then it has to be.

The C word - Kooky character and great writing plus the awesome Laura Linney makes Cancer not so depressing.

Weeds - It's still good, the crazy son has breathed new life into this long running show one trick pony.

Terriers - I love this show, a step above the typical buddy crime drama, likable characters, interesting stories, great acting fromt he two leads.

Boardwalk Empire - I think Micheal Pitt is phenomenal, the guy who plays Al Capone should be up for an Emmy, it's very well done, costumes, atmosphere is spot on.

Fashion Police - I know this might now be the most masculine suggestion but I don't watch it for the fashion nonscense. Joan Rivers has gotten to a point in her career that she can get away with saying anything and she does, she is the last of her kind.

Bill Maher - I just started watching him this year after viewing his movie and I really like it.

Any suggestion to add to my list ??

I am done with True Blood, it's just awful now.

Thank god for tivo.

Boardwalk Empire, another HBO smash.

Survivor. A guilty pleasure.

Pawn Stars. Another "reality show", mostly bs, but plenty of fun.

Boardwalk Empire, another HBO smash.

Survivor. A guilty pleasure.

Pawn Stars. Another "reality show", mostly bs, but plenty of fun.
I usually catch things on demand.

I forgot about reality TV, my favorites two are Whale Wars and Man, Woman, Wild (both off season). They also have this series on discovery ID called Deadly Woman, the reenactments are suprisingly good.

I gave up on both Steven Seagal and Jesse Ventura crime shows after two viewings, they are both so melodramatic and longwinded, they should stick with straight to video action flick.

I like Boardwalk Empire.However, I don't think Steve Buscemi is a great lead actor. He is a better character actor. Definitely not a romantic lead!

I like Boardwalk Empire.However, I don't think Steve Buscemi is a great lead actor. He is a better character actor. Definitely not a romantic lead!
I agree completely about Steve Buscemi but it can be overlooked because the rest of the cast is so strong, the women characters are especially interesting. The only other minor flaw is Gretchen Moll, she is one of the most beautiful woman in the world and has the perfect face for a period piece but she is too young to play the mother of a grown man, she would have had to have before she reached puberty, the mother of his child looks older. It's still nice to see her in a hit show and she is very good in her role, I always liked her as an actress.

Fringe. For Scifi fans, it is different enough to keep it interesting. Peter's Father (I dont know his name) in the show is an excellent actor.

They just dont make shows like Babylon five and Farscape any more. Even though Primeval came close. Dr. Who is good if you like something campy. Very clever plots some days.

I'm not a zombie fan but I love the Walking Dead. I AM Legend was ok, but this is more of something I can watch
I like zombie movies that are made well, the whole basis of the zombie concept is that consumerism is consuming us alive and made us zombie like, we are glued to our computers and TV's, walking aimlessly around mall glaring at our phones, if our society was overrun by real zombies would we might not be able to tell the difference.

I am Legend was a bad Hollywood crappy remake of the The Omega Man which was good and political, it also had that cheesy element zombie movies need plus the late great Chuck Heston. Shaun of the Dead was another classic political and social zombie film, it was so clever.

One of my ATF movies is Return of the Living Dead 1985 which just happens to be a zombie film but so much more, it's political, it's funny, it's campy, it's scary, it's edgy, it has a dozen quotable line, it's just a just perfect.

The Walking Dead is similar to Danny Boyle's 28 days later (also a fantastic film) which is more suspense/horror then traditional zombie.

Fringe. For Scifi fans, it is different enough to keep it interesting. Peter's Father (I dont know his name) in the show is an excellent actor.

They just dont make shows like Babylon five and Farscape any more. Even though Primeval came close. Dr. Who is good if you like something campy. Very clever plots some days.
Is Fringe one of those shows that if you miss one you are completely lost? it has been on my radar.

I forgot to mention House, I came in late and found it easy to catch up.

I watched one episode of L&O UK (yes, finally something of ours crossover) and it was okay, I expected something unique but it was the same L&O staples, gavel sound effect, wild goose chase, tongue and cheek script. I also had so much difficulty understanding the actors, I am usually good with English accents but it's was so overkill.

Rules of Engagement Monday nights channel 2 @ 8:30
The Defenders Wednesday nights channel 2 @ 10:00

and no I do not work for CBS.....lol

Also Family Guy nightly channel 11 @ 7:30

Last edited:
Barney: The Life and Times of a Child Molesting Dinosaur

Wheel of Fortune (OK I just watch until I shoot my load on Vanna White)

I Dream of Jeannie (OK I just watch until I shoot my load on Barbara E_den)<--intentionally misspelled cuz UG censors that word

Homes on Holmes (a big brute fixing asshole contractor's sketchy work)

Modern Farmer (if you're old enough to remember this show, you're fucking old....I remember this show)

and one of my favorites...
Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom (where snakes are snakes, rhinos are rhinos, and Marlin Perkins butt fucks Jim Fowler)

Bored to Death is so great. Schwartzmann is one of my most favorite actors, he is just so fun to watch. Rushmore (with him and Bill Murray) was fantastic. I wish Galafanakis didnt explode into popularity and this show remained "my" little gem lol.

Boardwalk Empire is phenomenal also. I like the pacing of the show. Feels like a cross between Sopranos and Deadwood. I also like the historical aspect of it, from what I heard its a fairly accurate representation of the times, and learning a bit of history while being entertained is always a plus. Its interetsing to see Buscemi not only in a lead role, but in a romantic role as well. I didnt expect this show to go there. For anyone who tuned in for an episode or two and then tuned out, I recommend going back and watching 4 or 5 in a row. New shows need time to reel you in, at least 3 or 4 episodes.

I still watch Dexter, although I feel it has def lost some of its appeal after the second season. Same with True Blood. The dialogue is so corny, and I liked it better when there were only vampires. With all the different "species" of otherworldy things, its just a pile of garbage now.

Weeds - I dont know why I stay with this show. Probably cuz its only 22 minutes long. Once she started delaing with the shop/tunnel, it got way too far-fetched for me to like. Back when it was a struggling mom trying to make ends meet, i loved it. Now every week im just like 'wtf'. I know the show doesnt take itself seriously, so that definitely makes it easier to watch. And Kevin Nealon is masterful, Im glad he wasnt gone for too long.

Bill Maher is a good show, but he can often times be just as polar as the Glenn Becks et al that he trys to mock. His delivery during his monologues is a bit tired too, often with the same segues and 'humble' "I kid the ______"

I have been watching Glee since last year, but due to being popular i feel it has fallen hard from the super high pedestal it was put on.

Modern Family is a must-see. Every character is a joy to spend time with, each has fun little quirks that all seem to wrok perfectly together.

Sons of Anarchy is the show i cant wait to see every week. The action is great, story is filled with drama, twists and violence in all the right places. Its about a biker gang in CA. Although it took a huge turn from where it was heading in season 1 (which was a disappointment), i Suspect its because it gained in popularity and looks like it will have a longer run than originally anticipated, and thus more time to develop the story.

I have been watching Detroit 187, which is different than the L&O type shows of the same ilk. This one makes the cases background stuff. I dont think it will last too much longer, but im willing to stick with it just because its trying to be a little different, even though the subject matter is way overplayed.

House is really good, but so formulaic. You know there will be 4 wrong diagnoses (one if which is almost always amaloidosis) before the "real" problem is revealed 7 minutes toward the end. But who am i kidding, we watch the show to see House be a dick to everyone, but they let him cuz hes always right lol.

Ultimate Fighter (UFC candidates)
Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia (get seasons 1 & 2 on DVD and stop there)