Short Stay Hotel List for Long Island

I'm not suggesting that it doesn't happen. I just think it's technically overreach.

Part of the implication of paying rent for a space, but more so for a motel/hotel is that you are purchasing temporary privacy. Owners aren't permitted to put in hidden cameras to spy on their occupants so they can't be expected to know what is going on behind closed doors. And even if they suspect, they can't know. Unless, of course, they are fuckin' in the door way while making it rain with cash.
When I went to Pines in Westbury maybe 8 years ago, they had monitor at front desk showing camera views in lobby and looking down walkways on each floor. Don't remember if cameras were in parking lot.
I can only assume, at best, that video is recorded on some sort of rolling time period (oldest gets overwritten by newest) and at worst, forever.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Interesting, go back to the first post in this thread from 22 years ago and see how many of these are closed.

The third paragraph, the Diplomat was rebranded the Ramada Inn but next four on his list have all been taken with eminent domain and torn down.

I'm not suggesting that it doesn't happen. I just think it's technically overreach.

Part of the implication of paying rent for a space, but more so for a motel/hotel is that you are purchasing temporary privacy. Owners aren't permitted to put in hidden cameras to spy on their occupants so they can't be expected to know what is going on behind closed doors. And even if they suspect, they can't know. Unless, of course, they are fuckin' in the door way while making it rain with cash.
One could use this "room for rent", that seems to be in use out in Portland, OR. Not sure if this business model could come to NY, the convenience of both cheap incall & carfun combined

https://share.newsbreak.com/57ckjf8t

I've used AirBnB a number of time once when I met a chick from SA in Park Slope..

And a few times at various locations around Nassau

However AirBnB has changed for the worse.. the owners are adding fees, that can double the "rent" for the room.. They might advertise say $89 for rental.. the add Almost 100% of the rental for "cleaning"

Screenshot 2023-10-20 174848.png

So was driving the other day, and I see the hollywood has big wooden planters around the lot, and a vehicle with a security sticker on it. Are they making that a sheltet like they did with the Americana?

So was driving the other day, and I see the hollywood has big wooden planters around the lot, and a vehicle with a security sticker on it. Are they making that a sheltet like they did with the Americana?
Don’t think so. They just did a pretty decent renovation there. They took down the old club in the front parking lot and did some painting. Just rented a clean short stay there less than a month ago.

It would be great to know which don't require an ID and takes cash to avoid a paper trail.

Are the pricing still the same from 2yrs ago or have been updated?
I have used a handful of these places and ever since the coronavirus pandemic I have 100% of the time had to show ID. But also I have never been refused cash.

I can say this is true for the Shirley motel, the Pines, the Hollywood, the Sunrise (112), the Meadowbrook, and the Kew in queens

billyS

Reign of Terror
I have used a handful of these places and ever since the coronavirus pandemic I have 100% of the time had to show ID. But also I have never been refused cash.

I can say this is true for the Shirley motel, the Pines, the Hollywood, the Sunrise (112), the Meadowbrook, and the Kew in queens
Never had to show ID at the Meadowbrook, but then again it's been six years since I've been there and I was a regular for about eight years. On a first name basis with the clerk, even had a regular room reserved for me on Friday afternoons.

Tried the Pines in Westbury with an ex recently during the afternoon....no ID needed, 50 bucks for 3 hours but the combination smell of body odor and pot was a huge turnoff

Tried the Pines in Westbury with an ex recently during the afternoon....no ID needed, 50 bucks for 3 hours but the combination smell of body odor and pot was a huge turnoff

Was the odor attributable to the quality (or lack thereof) of the room or the girl you took there?

BTW, saw on News 12 that dumpy shithole Budget Inn in Massapequa was temporarily shut down by the TOB for housing/code violations but the Section 8, County Dept of social services inhabitants can continue to luxerate there

Anybody know what’s up with the gates they recently installed at the Hollywood?
I saw that just the other day, when I arrived for my "date" saw the gates and the very limited not inside the gates parking... got my spidey senses tingling and bailed on the Asians...

This was my first time at the Hollywood since I was a teenager back in the 80's so didn't realize this was a very recent new addition.

I was there the other night... looks like their trying to keep people out who shouldn't be there. Possibly keep providers from setting up there. Just a guess but I'd assume they saw what happened to the owners of the Sayville Motel.
Usually that’s a sign it’s going to be a welfare hotel but in today’s environment maybe it’s going to house immigrants. Generally don’t see gates on an “open for business” place. Either way, it ways a fun place. Oh the memories…..