Seeker's Proposition For UG Members !!!

I did not clear this thread with Slinky/ UG Staff, nor did they ask me to post this, but i am 99 percent certain that they will not mind this thread. So...here goes!

Their are many different ways to help UG. Some members contribute time, moderate, or help arrange the parties, and from time to time have even contributed to UG's advertising efforts by simply figuring out providers they know that would benefit by advertising on this board and mentioning this to them ! Its an easy process..identify the suitable provider and when the time is right, simply ask the question...."Have you ever considered taking an ad out on Utopiaguide?" You will be amazed at the response you will get.

This whole process occured to me about 6 months ago...and during this period...I have done this with at least 5 different types of potential advertisers. The responses went like this: 2 were not interested , for a variety of reasons. 2 wanted to think about it.... ( 1 is still thinking ) and 1 actually became a regular UG advertiser. So, like many other things, its all about the numbers!!

The potential advertiser has nothing to lose here. The impact of a UG ad is indeed significant, prices are quite competitive, an advertisers business may increase by 30 percent or more, and UG Staff literally does most of the work.

Same goes for the UG member who made the suggestion. If it works, the advertiser will be forever greatful, treat you like VIP, and who knows...she might even toss in a freebie here or there . Just kidding on the last point gents! LOL.

So my proposition is this....if any member thinks this might make sense....why not try this out with a provider who you think could benefit from a UG ad ???

What do you guys think??

Any discussion or commentary is welcome !!!

Oh yeah...I forgot this point...F Y I ...UG ADVERTISING REALLY WORKS !!!

Last edited:
I think you have a great ideas..i was going to post this in the ISO but you seem to be the right person to ask..my friend Sonny came w/ some of his girls to the party and has every intention of advert and has made the contact for pricing ect..what he needs though is a banner...is there someone/place you could recomend he go to get one done?

I think you have a great ideas..i was going to post this in the ISO but you seem to be the right person to ask..my friend Sonny came w/ some of his girls to the party and has every intention of advert and has made the contact for pricing ect..what he needs though is a banner...is there someone/place you could recomend he go to get one done?
Desi -

If UG staff can't help you, I might be able to do something for your friend. I'm pretty well versed with most of the graphics programs out there ( photoshop/illustrator/quark, etc). Just let me know.

thanks dl !!

don't I always ??

please don't answer that ! lol.
yes you do and i also think we all hv our bad days (mine come more often then usual)....and thank you for the help i didnt know they did that as well and will contact them for the info....i know you love it when i do this so im giving you extra xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Desi -

If UG staff can't help you, I might be able to do something for your friend. I'm pretty well versed with most of the graphics programs out there ( photoshop/illustrator/quark, etc). Just let me know.
since im an independent i dont know how any of this works and Sonny would place his ad very fast if you guys tell me what to do as far as a banner goes.obviously he wants someone who is discreet so i would trust any of you..i assume by seeing the other banners he needs some kind of pic of sorts..i know what he wants and it is very simple.

since im an independent i dont know how any of this works and Sonny would place his ad very fast if you guys tell me what to do as far as a banner goes.obviously he wants someone who is discreet so i would trust any of you..i assume by seeing the other banners he needs some kind of pic of sorts..i know what he wants and it is very simple.
Yeah, he pretty much needs to supply whatever pic he wants used (if he wants a pic that is) and a basic idea of what he's looking for. The more specific he is, the quicker the process is because there is less back and forth trying to get the look he is after.

Yeah, he pretty much needs to supply whatever pic he wants used (if he wants a pic that is) and a basic idea of what he's looking for. The more specific he is, the quicker the process is because there is less back and forth trying to get the look he is after.
To be honest hes left it up to me..and for some crazy reason he trusts me (long time friends) so what do i do find a pic or could i just scan and ***** his business card as i think thats what he wants to use.

To be honest hes left it up to me..and for some crazy reason he trusts me (long time friends) so what do i do find a pic or could i just scan and ***** his business card as i think thats what he wants to use.
Oh, if he just wants to use his business card (no pic if I'm thinking of the same card I got the other night, right?) it could just as easily be typeset and look a whole lot better, too. I'm sure UG staff could take care of that pretty easily. If not, I'm happy to help out.

Oh, if he just wants to use his business card (no pic if I'm thinking of the same card I got the other night, right?) it could just as easily be typeset and look a whole lot better, too. I'm sure UG staff could take care of that pretty easily. If not, I'm happy to help out.
The cards he gv out are more discreet cards i had him make for the party..but the one he wants to use does hv a pic/graphics and the agency name as well as a #.

Last edited:
K, ask him if he has a file of the pic he used for the card he wants the banner to look like. The results of using the actual file will probably be a lot better than scanning the card. Of course, UG staff may have some magic talents I'm not aware of, so you should probably ask them what they prefer.

Thank you for all the info, seeker..you hv made something i thought would be complicated a lot easier..i sent an ***** a little while ago.

NP...dl

your quite welcome ...i do try...!

now ..on another matter..I have been kicking myself in the you know where because I missed the party on Tuesday !! After reading all these rave reviews about the party, yourself, your friends, angel, miki, and a few others, I realize what a big mistake this was !

LOL

NP...dl

your quite welcome ...i do try...!

now ..on another matter..I have been kicking myself in the you know where because I missed the party on Tuesday !! After reading all these rave reviews about the party, yourself, your friends, angel, miki, and a few others, I realize what a big mistake this was !

LOL
Hopefully there will be another one soon...as i kick myself often over things i know how painful that can be and i wouldnt want you to hurt yourself;)..xox

This whole process occured to me about 6 months ago...and during this period...I have done this with at least 5 different types of potential advertisers. The responses went like this: 2 were not interested , for a variety of reasons. 2 wanted to think about it.... ( 1 is still thinking ) and 1 actually became a regular UG advertiser. So, like many other things, its all about the numbers!!
The potential advertiser has nothing to lose here. The impact of a UG ad is indeed significant, prices are quite competitive, an advertisers business may increase by 30 percent or more, and UG Staff literally does most of the work.
Same goes for the UG member who made the suggestion. If it works, the advertiser will be forever greatful, treat you like VIP, and who knows...she might even toss in a freebie here or there . Just kidding on the last point gents! LOL.
So my proposition is this....if any member thinks this might make sense....why not try this out with a provider who you think could benefit from a UG ad ???
What do you guys think??
Any discussion or commentary is welcome !!!
Oh yeah...I forgot this point...F Y I ...UG ADVERTISING REALLY WORKS !!!
I have done so at least 1/2 dozen times in past 1 1/2 years to unfortunately less of a success rate than you. 0 But I will continue to do so.