Safe car fun?

always try to pick spot between other parked cars and trying to keep the movement down and also the noise from her so far I have been lucky the very few times I play in the car
Depends upon where you're at whether to go between two cars or not there's just too many scenarios that work out depending upon whether you're on the street, in a lot, side-road, at a restaurant, near a park, etc.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
I will add my two cents about a personal experience. A couple of years ago I was with a girl i had been dating, in a public park, parking lot, in Brooklyn. When i got there there were other cars in the lot basically hanging out, having sex, whatever, but we lost track of time in the back seat and cops pulled up on us while we were the only car there. We were each issued a pink summons for being in the park after dark (i.e. after closing hours). There was a sign when you entered the parking lot. Needless to say, it cost me $1,000 for each me and her to hire a lawyer to avoid getting a record or some bullshit. Apparently a pink ticket is a criminal court appearance summons. I never did that again, lol. We appeared in court, and luckily the judge reduced it to loitering and it cost us another $50 each..
At least you didn't get raped.
https://theintercept.com/2019/08/30/nypd-anna-chambers-rape-probation/

Park somewhere that your car would belong. I park near a business, on the far side but not the last car in nowhere land.
A foodstore or CVS I've used. Costco Is pretty busy but if you park far by employee c a re, there will get less foot traffic.
I like to drive and scope out something, I don't trust the girls choice...
They can lead you to a cop, or worse, pimp trap.
Also they r stupid and will just say park here or there. Without thought.

Right don't be a car in nowhere land especially if at night with lights on, car running, or using lit devices. Plan for weather. If it's cold, run the car hot beforehand including heated seats if available. If warm, pump up your AC before. Wear shorts and skirts and maybe even go commando. Know how to dim your car console. Don't press the brake pedal! Rain is a blessing! Ditto for new moon and/or cloudy.

After patronizing lots of opportunities at restaurants, convenience stores, ice cream stores, supermarket lots, strip malls, service roads, perimeters of parks (not necessarily talking about playgrounds here), etc. Then make a call depending upon one sided things, along bushes, corner spots versus not, figure out the layout, which way you want the car facing, sometimes even right under a light is best.

For instance was in Sheepshead Bay yesterday. So many opportunities it was mind blowing.

always try to pick spot between other parked cars and trying to keep the movement down and also the noise from her so far I have been lucky the very few times I play in the car
I have to apologize my statement should have been "I always try to pick spots" Of course I also do a recon of the area as to where to park before picking up a car date.

try under I-678 in Flushing parallel to CP from 495 to roosy. During the day you can always find an empty space amongst the many hundreds of cars that are parked there by commuters so your car will be lost in the crowd. The only one time in past couple of years I've seen anything remotely like LE was once a traffic enforcement guy was walking down the lots looking for expired registrations and inspection stickers - this was on a Sunday so since most parking reg's are suspended probably only way he could fill his quota.
The only time you see civilians walking there is when they either are returning to or leaving from their parked car and they usually are walking down the service road until the get to the row where their car is parked and they head into the row. They are just looking for their car and not looking into cars.
Maybe 10 cars per row and perhaps over 50 rows.

A short stay at a stopnfuck motel is cheaper than 3 hours of time for a defense attorney
On the surface what you say makes sense, however LE has been known to troll those places (primarily for drug stuff) and can really ruin your day while searching every inch of you and your car for contraband — and even if they don't find anything can always come up with traffic infractions that they "saw" you commit.

That happened to a buddy of mine he was with a non provider sitting in car talking when they came asked him out and also asked if they can search knowing he as all legit he said yes .lo and behold they came up with a small amount powder... That happened in Freeport a few years back
A while back I was listening to "Law you should know" on 90.3 fm. Was hosted by some head of law association and he would have various lawyers on in different specialties such as real estate, estate planning etc.
This one was on criminal law.
The lawyer said "You should never agree to any search of anything, your house, your car, your phone, your body w/o a warrant. There is not upside to consenting.
If the cop asks "Why not, do you have anything to hide?" you simply say "I do not consent to a search w/o a warrant"

After you finish your deed and have parted ways pull into the nearest gas station or legal parking spot not infront of someones house.... and give your car a check where they were sitting to make sure none of their belongings or contraband fell out of their pockets. Ive found loose cigaretts, money, lip gloss, combs lotto scratch tickets etc...

A while back I was listening to "Law you should know" on 90.3 fm. Was hosted by some head of law association and he would have various lawyers on in different specialties such as real estate, estate planning etc.
This one was on criminal law.
The lawyer said "You should never agree to any search of anything, your house, your car, your phone, your body w/o a warrant. There is not upside to consenting.
If the cop asks "Why not, do you have anything to hide?" you simply say "I do not consent to a search w/o a warrant"
If cops followed the laws, then that advice would apply. Not all, but many cops on Long Island either do not know the laws, have no idea what the 4th amendment of the constitution even is, or they totally disregard them because they think their badge is above the law. They use the very loose term of “reasonable suspicion” or “probable cause” to illegaly stop you, rip you out of your car and search both you and your vehicle. Go ahead and use the “I don’t consent to a search without a warrant” speech and they will threaten to lock you up for “disorderly conduct”... another loose term that they can basically lie on the write up on the summons and say anything. Then you go to court and lose. That’s just the way it works. It’s not right, fair, or OK, but that’s the way it goes with a lot of LE.

I add these comments based off 2 personal experiences.

1) I once left a motel with a side piece, and was pulled over. I rolled down all the windows, turned the interior lights on, put my keys on the top of the car and stuck my hands out the window to show there was no threat of me fleeing or being a threat. Without a word being said, both me and the girl were grabbed by the arm with one hand while the officers used the other hand to open the car doors and violently pull us out of the car.

I was told they pulled me over because my tires hit the shoulder line (BS) while driving down the block. Then 3 other officers searched my car while the other 2 searched & questioned us extensively. I turned on my video on my iPhone and they smacked it out of my hand (cracking the screen) and threatened to lock me up for Disorderly. All of this after they ran my (clean) ID and were shown my 5 PBA cards.

They found nothing, But because I have tints which is now a “crime”... and in the greatest advice ever given on this board by the Genius himself, never commit 2 crimes at a time..They still harassed us, got somewhat physical but at the end they had nothing. This process took about 45 minutes. Luckily for me I had just had my car detailed that afternoon, but I still felt lucky that they didn’t they didn’t do what they did to @chevyman53 friend in Freeport.

2) This one I’ll keep short. Back in the day I did a lot of bad things. I eventually got caught. In the interrogation room I caught a beat down. I was respectful and asked for a lawyer but instead I just got chocked, punched and was forced to sign a confession. I signed it after a few hours of getting my head slammed into a concrete wall.. but I didn’t sign my name.. I signed “Under Duress”.. in court, the confession was thrown out.

Bottom Line- there is no place for “safe car fun”... the risk is always high. But hey, at least there won’t be any bail $ needed the next morning :p

Bottom Line- there is no place for “safe car fun”... the risk is always high. But hey, at least there won’t be any bail $ needed the next morning :p
I'd like to point out too that if your +1 has anything illegal you might as well too. So try to know who you're with. I don't even like this coming in and out of motels but also even while in them.

As to the risk as always it depends. For instance not all car fun needs to take place on a public street. Of course this can be harder to come but for instance private property you have permission to be on and places you frequent often can be quiet helpful especially when "staff" knows what you're doing. And I can't emphasize how much rain is your friend.

billyS

Reign of Terror
If cops followed the laws, then that advice would apply. Not all, but many cops on Long Island either do not know the laws, have no idea what the 4th amendment of the constitution even is, or they totally disregard them because they think their badge is above the law. They use the very loose term of “reasonable suspicion” or “probable cause” to illegaly stop you, rip you out of your car and search both you and your vehicle. Go ahead and use the “I don’t consent to a search without a warrant” speech and they will threaten to lock you up for “disorderly conduct”... another loose term that they can basically lie on the write up on the summons and say anything. Then you go to court and lose. That’s just the way it works. It’s not right, fair, or OK, but that’s the way it goes with a lot of LE.

I add these comments based off 2 personal experiences.

1) I once left a motel with a side piece, and was pulled over. I rolled down all the windows, turned the interior lights on, put my keys on the top of the car and stuck my hands out the window to show there was no threat of me fleeing or being a threat. Without a word being said, both me and the girl were grabbed by the arm with one hand while the officers used the other hand to open the car doors and violently pull us out of the car.

I was told they pulled me over because my tires hit the shoulder line (BS) while driving down the block. Then 3 other officers searched my car while the other 2 searched & questioned us extensively. I turned on my video on my iPhone and they smacked it out of my hand (cracking the screen) and threatened to lock me up for Disorderly. All of this after they ran my (clean) ID and were shown my 5 PBA cards.

They found nothing, But because I have tints which is now a “crime”... and in the greatest advice ever given on this board by the Genius himself, never commit 2 crimes at a time..They still harassed us, got somewhat physical but at the end they had nothing. This process took about 45 minutes. Luckily for me I had just had my car detailed that afternoon, but I still felt lucky that they didn’t they didn’t do what they did to @chevyman53 friend in Freeport.

2) This one I’ll keep short. Back in the day I did a lot of bad things. I eventually got caught. In the interrogation room I caught a beat down. I was respectful and asked for a lawyer but instead I just got chocked, punched and was forced to sign a confession. I signed it after a few hours of getting my head slammed into a concrete wall.. but I didn’t sign my name.. I signed “Under Duress”.. in court, the confession was thrown out.

Can we assume this happened in Suffolk?

I would assume anywhere this can happen..But I think it happens quite often in Suffolk I have a neighbor who is a SC Sheriff Deputy and has told me that he thus happens in the SC PD he says that they have to justify that high salary they get ...

Sounds like Philadelphia to me (joking).
@frogger54 may I ask year that this happened, what county and state and as far as profiling, your age (range) at the time, how you were dressed, did you have what is referred to in my day as a hot car (you already said windows were tinted), and if you don't mind, your race and that of the cops.

The two times I was stopped (I'm a white middle aged(at the time) guy) both cops were white and was driving a totally boring sedan and the only crime I could tell was I was "driving while white" in the area where that usually means something. My experiences, although unnerving, were what I would expect and what I had always mentally prepared for, especially the one crime at a time rule.

Time # 1 good cop/bad cop routine with bad cop doing bad cop talk asking my what was I doing around here and looking for, etc., while checking out my license and good cop checking out the interior of my car from the outside, by shining his flashlight in. After about a minute the good guy cop said to the other one, "he doesn't look like the type - lets go" and they left. (I didn't know if I should have been just relieved or was just insulted by that remark)

Time # 2 good cop/bad cop routine with bad cop doing bad cop talk asking me in a stern in your face manner what was I doing around here and looking for, etc., while checking out my license and good cop searching me and every inch of my car including my gym bag (full of gym stuff - towel, shorts, underwear, socks, shave kit etc.). They never asked for permission to search me or my car.
Finally good guy cop finished his search and other than finding some condoms in my pocket (and as I posted before "what are these for" he asked and I replied "to prevent disease" and then good guy cop said "we are both guys (meaning him and I) and know that you were here to look for some hookers (or some such wording)- don't lie to me" to which I replied "prostitution is against the law".

After wasting 20 minutes of their and my time I asked if they were done could I go and they nodded yes and I left.
No tickets, no warnings, nothing.

The traffic stop was Nassau, the beat down was Suffolk.

Sounds like Philadelphia to me (joking).
@frogger54 may I ask year that this happened, what county and state and as far as profiling, your age (range) at the time, how you were dressed, did you have what is referred to in my day as a hot car (you already said windows were tinted), and if you don't mind, your race and that of the cops.
the traffic stop was not too long ago. It was in Nassau in a relatively nice neighborhood. I am and was dressed like a boring middle aged white guy, driving a boring car that millions of people drive. (Wow, that just ruined my day lol) The Officers were all white.

billyS

Reign of Terror
The traffic stop was Nassau, the beat down was Suffolk.

the traffic stop was not too long ago. It was in Nassau in a relatively nice neighborhood. I am and was dressed like a boring middle aged white guy, driving a boring car that millions of people drive. (Wow, that just ruined my day lol) The Officers were all white.
I figured the beat down was in Suffolk.