Restaurants

BETTER RECOMMENDATION:

They often have live music downstairs at Hill Country -- and they have big communal tables that can accomodate your group.

I'd go so far as to say this is the best possible recommendation (if Texas country rock is the kind of music you're looking for).

ANY music is fine, just trying to have a good time. Music will certainly have an influance rather than having to sit and make entertaining conversation.

......and ANY cuisine is fine, (other than chicken fingers etc)

justme

homo economicus
I'll try it out the next time I'm in town.

I took a look at the menu. They serve Kruez's links and Blue Bell Ice Cream. That's pretty cool.

Kruez's is arguably one of the best and inarguably one of the biggest hill country bbq places. They're links are great, but I really love their pork chops. Blue Bell is a regional creamery headquartered in Brenham, Tx. In elementary school one of the best field trips was to Blue Bell.

They get points deducted for serving sweet tea, though. That's a southern, not Texan, tradition.

I had sent her to a website with a list of NYC restaurants and links to their websites and told her to pick a few.... she came up with Riingo, Nobu, Aquavit, Babbo and Per Se.