Red light camera's why we hate them and how to avoid them !

Red light cams are no big deal. It's just a ticket for the car, not the driver and costs just a few bucks.

The real killers are moving violations coupled with an insurance claim. I once got a passed school bus ticket in a strange area to me where the bus was on the opposite side of a busy street and i didnt notice it- Then somebody broke into my car and stole my airbags. Long story short- My Insurance went from $1100/yr to $2800/yr and stayed there for 4 years!!

It's called Phantom plate, spray can or liquid form. It works, but wears off depending on weather and car wash frequency. I sent cases to China where there are cameras for speed every 1/4 of a mile, seriously. Look it up and give it a shot, I don't give a shit about those cameras anymore.
I looked in to this. One problem I might see, is that if the toll cannot read the EZ pass, they read your license plate. If they cannot read the license plate then they think you are trying to avoid paying the toll and bad things can happen from there.

No sign that prohibits right on red
There are two premises to right light camera violations.
1. No turn on red.

2. When turn on red is not prohibited with a sign, then you turned without coming to a complete stop.
The photo link that accompanies the summons should tell you which you violated.

There are two premises to right light camera violations.
1. No turn on red.

2. When turn on red is not prohibited with a sign, then you turned without coming to a complete stop.
The photo link that accompanies the summons should tell you which you violated.
the rolling stop right on red will get you every time. Count to 5 at the complete stop and then you will be ok

I'm afraid to even turn on red where there is a camera.
For instance, I pull up to the red light, stop behind the line, move up and stop again to be sure I can make a safe turn on red where the view is obscured. On that second maneuver, I'm assume they'll send the video of just that move and say I went over the line at a red light. You can't fight that if they send that window of time and not the whole video when I pull up.

i know someone who fought the ticket but lost because she came to a complete stop but did not wait long enough.
you literally have to wait there like 5 to 10 secs. not just a complete stop.

safest way is to never turn right on red when mongering.

the rolling stop right on red will get you every time. Count to 5 at the complete stop and then you will be ok
Count to 5 at the complete stop is overkill — but if it makes you feel more comfortable do it.
Law says you have to come to a complete stop. Complete stop means no forward motion — no forward motion means just that, no forward motion and not no forward motion for a specified period of time. Can be 5 sec if you want or can be 5 microseconds. Or you can stop there (ignoring the people behind you honking wanting you to turn) until the light turns green (if you are, to use a politically correct term, a pussy.)

I have never gotten a red light ticket. I make a complete stop at every red light then turn whether or not there is a camera there where permitted. Maybe I stop for 1 second at most. I turn right a lot at the RT110 and Hempstead turnpike intersection (the highest yielding red light camera intersection, as SC put it in ND) when leaving my gym (almost every day). Been doing this for years.

Also, what will get you a red light ticket when going thru an intersection is you enter the intersection when the light is red; you are allowed to enter the intersection when the light is yellow. This also means if you are in an intersection waiting to make a left turn (sitting under the light) you are not violating the law even if you make the turn after the light turns red. The intersection boundary is defined as where the stop line is; so do not roll up to a red light and stop just after the white stop line as you may get a violation.

Declaimer: genius is not a legal type — he just knows how to read.

Ps. IMHO, The problem with the whole concept of red light cameras is not the ticket aspect but the guy behind you who feels that he can make the light when you are coming to a stop and rear ends you. On my way to work and also to my gym, there are RLC intersections where I had to make a right; I would just make a right at the intersection before that just the avoid the hassle.

Also, I keep my TomTom GPS on even when not using it for directions (no destinations entered) as I have the red light camera alert set and it tells me that I am approaching a
RLC.

Not quite that simple - if the light turns yellow as you are approaching the intersection you only have a fraction of a second to decide if you are going to do a hard stop to avoid overshooting the stop line or go thru the yellow hoping you make it all the way through the intersection before it turns red. Add the time it takes to look into you rear view mirror to see if a car is right on your tail it is almost impossible to say that you are going to avoid a violation - one that would be totally overlooked if a traffic cop was watching the scene unfold.

Don't think for a second that these camers are about safety - they are simply all about raising revenue w/o having to raise tax rates..

Just another reason to get out of NY.
You are correct! It has been reported that the areas where the cameras were not generating a large amount of revenue that they have been removed.