Question for Independants and Agencies too

(I will be posting this on all the boards I have found recently, so I apologize to all of you who might see these 3 or 4 times.)

Hi All,
I have limited experience in hobbying, but am quickly getting acquainted with the whole thing.

What I was wondering is, do independent girls who do outcalls use drivers? Do they drive themselves? Do agencies tend to have guys around?

What I am getting at here is safety. Do any providers of any kind use 'security' measures, like a driver who can be nearby in case of trouble or a 'bouncer' type person on location. I know there are enough nut jobs out there that personal safety must be somewhat of an issue.

Here is the meat and nuts of my post, and I warn you, it is shameless self promotion...

I am an instructor in Bruce Lee's Jeet Kune Do. I havebeen studying the art for over 5 years and I have been fighting in sanctioned events for longer. I love to teach and I do it well. I also have really enjoyed all the lovely ladies I have spoken to and visited in the past month or so I have taken up hobbying, so I figure why not see if there would be any interest in any of the ladies or agencies either wanting to learn real self defense (not that stomping foot and shouting no crap) or having someone involved with them as 'security'.

I have a lot to offer any independant, agency or even HOBBYIST, as I am very confident in my teaching ability and can back it all up.

Also please rtealize I am not interested in making money or trying to get services in return for services. I am simply happy to teach and really like the providers I have had the pleasure of meeting. I might even open a commercial school in NYC soon and any figure that any help I can provide the good people of the hobbying world can't hurt my chances of success.

So, if anybody at all is interested, feel free to email me. And any testosterone laden guys out there, if you have something derisive to say, please don't air it out here and waste everyone's time. I am happy to respond to any emails.

=) MJC

real self defense = a .9mm with 1 in the barrel and 15 more in the clip........in case they bring friends or if you miss with that first one.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
TC,

I think a lot of guys who have been used to other tools have problems with 9mm's when they first start using them because the smaller loads often have poor stopping power. However, if you are more careful ( ok, much more particular ) in your choice of load, charge, etc. you can come up with combos that often produce the desired effects. It just takes a little more thinking and experimentation ( and is much more dangerous for you if you guess wrong. You pick the wrong load/charge with a .45, it throws you off a little. You do that with a 9mm, you can end up having your load stopped by a down parka, or even hitting the target, but they keep coming. ). Hell, some guy's choice for certain jobs is a .22.

When I was packing a Glock,

Model 19, a few years back, I had a friend who got me Hydrashoks +p+ ammo. They worked wonderfully.

However, I used to work with a guy who carried a S&W .357 Magnum snub. 5 shots was all he had, and he didn't care. One day, when we got into a problem, I drew my pistol and confronted an assailant and about 4 of his friends who laughed at me. Then, all of a sudden, I heard the noise of a shotgun chambering a shell. The noise and the threatening look of a shotgun made them all scatter. He had taken an extra moment to walk to the trunk of the car and pick up his Mossberg.

Also, 000 buckshot is approximately the size of a 9mm or .38 round, albeit about 1/3 the weight. However, mulitply that with being hit, depending upon range and your shotgun's pattern, with anywhere between 3 and 9 of those shot rounds at the exact same moment. More dangerous than a Submachine gun (which is incidentally, much harder to shoot) I would say. The shotgun is so devastating that in Europe, it is not considered a humane policing weapon, whereas the subgun is.

Overall, I felt very safe packing a 9. As a matter of fact, when necessary to pack a backup, I used another Model 19. That was, until 15 round magazines got scarce. The bottom line is, if I can only have 10 rounds now, I'll take them in .45 please.

[Edited by Tankcommander on 04-20-2001 at 12:23 AM]

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
One other advantage of the 9mm/disadvantage of the .45: you don't have to worry as much about killing the guy in the next appartment if you miss ( this may sound flippant, but it's actually a serious consideration ).

And don't you really think that the shotgun is a different issue altogether ? There is a great quote, which I don't quite remember, which basically says that nothing puts a chill in someone's spine quite like that of a shotgun slide when chambering a shell.

Submachine guns are the best way to hit as many bystanders as possible.

In reality...

You will find that after a hollowpoint plugs up in drywall, the round effectively turns into a Full Metal Jacket round.

ALso, you will find that a 9mm FMJ will penetrate most objects just as deeply as 45 Hardball will, give or take a few inches. There are a few exceptions, such as automoble metal. A .45 will also penetrate glass with less trajectory distortion than a 9 mm.

If you're justified in firing said shots, any injuries occuring beyond a solid wall is accidental and will not incurr criminal penalties although civil ones may bite you in the ass. The point is not to miss.

As for the shotgun, it's a devastating weapon in sight, sound and practice.

Subguns...you're absolutely right... although a trained operator can put rounds, full auto, in a tighter group than an untrained shooter with any small arm firing one shot at a time.

[Edited by Tankcommander on 04-20-2001 at 03:18 AM]

Hotpuppy

Mr.Butterworth
Gee, I never considered paying women for sex and companionship and..........(fill in the blank), such a dangerous hobby. I'll be more careful in the future. Can any of you fellows reccommend a good piece for a beginner?
Take care HP

After much reflection, I say the hell with your 45 or 357 or 30-06 or whatever -- I'll stick with the old standby: 36, preferably in a C or D, in a nice, quick draw shoulder halter. Natural loads (I hate the silicone that so many are packing nowadays.) With manually adjustable auto loading sights (some call 'em nipples).

Hotpuppy

Mr.Butterworth
Originally posted by slinkybender
The only piece a beginner should carry is the one he has to carry all the time.
I understand, but using your logic, no one would ever carry a gun, since everyone is a beginner at some point.
My question was more of the rhetorical sort anyway. You all be careful out there now!
take care hp

Pardon Me...

I thought this was UtopiaGuide, the hobbyists paradise. I don't know how I wandered in the NRA / How-To-Best Murder-People discussion board, because I'm pretty sure that's not what I signed up for - or the subject of this thread, for that matter.....

Hotpuppy

Mr.Butterworth
Re: Pardon Me...

Originally posted by skagen
I thought this was UtopiaGuide, the hobbyists paradise. I don't know how I wandered in the NRA / How-To-Best Murder-People discussion board, because I'm pretty sure that's not what I signed up for - or the subject of this thread, for that matter.....
Like the man once said, change the channel.... I agree that the threads sometimes go to far flung places, but I find it fascinating the level of knowlege some of the guys have... Want to know about fucking, fighting , guns, sports,rock and roll, WW II- the stuff men are made of, well this seems to be as good a place as any. Take what you need and leave the rest!
take care hp

[Edited by Hotpuppy on 04-20-2001 at 03:18 PM]

Re: Re: Pardon Me...

Originally posted by Hotpuppy

Want to know about fucking, fighting , guns, sports,rock and roll, WW II- the stuff men are made of, well this seems to be as good a place as any
[Edited by Hotpuppy on 04-20-2001 at 03:18 PM] [/B]
LOL