prostate

not really sure where this goes, so i put it here. i need some advise. recently i had a prostate biopsy. of course there is blood in my seman, and i was told will be up to 30 days. even sex with SO is off, unless i use a condom. how best to see a provider? or anyone. even a hj will be gross and disgusting.
thanks for the tips

Last edited:
not really sure where this goes, so i put it here. i need some advise. recently i had a prostate biopsy. of course there is blood in my seman, and i was told will be up to 30 days. even sex with SO is off, unless i use a condom. how best to see a provider? or anyone. even a hj will be gross and disgusting.
thanks for the tips
This actually belongs in H&F section.

I doubt any provider would freak out especially if you give her advanced notice, if anything they would be concerned for you instead of disgusted. We also have to deal with blood more often then men (like every 28 days), I never met a woman who was squeamish about such things.

On the flip side shouldn't you be more concerned with the biospsy results?

You should be grateful they did not snip the wrong nerve and make you permanently impotent, I know someone this happened to, just ride out the month and be happy when the results come back good.

I dont really understand but did your doctor tell you that you could not have sex ? I personally would give it some time

here is a good read for you

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=850334
i was told to avoid sex for just the first 24 hours. my question was how to deal with the blood situation. it's one thing to get seman on a providers hand or in a condom, but blood is a different story. as for fairemily's point, a provider is not engaging in f/s during her period. you have other tools to achieve the "goal". i am not concerned about the biopsy results now. i always look at the positive. if i am wrong, then it gets dealt with. i try never to worry about anything out of my control. if it's in my control, then i deal with it.

believe me when I say, "you have other concerns."

thanks for the tips
Four years ago, I was in a similar situation such as yourself. My biospsy was negative, yet my MD insisted that since I had a benign enlarged prostate, medical intervention should be carried out to prevent the risk of cancer. Anyway, blood was not only present in my semen, but also when I defecated. Freaked me the hell out!! However, that passed quickly and wasn't much of a big deal. However, the aftercare medical intervention was a nightmare.

qqq35; you didn't indicate the results of your biopsy, so I'll assume everything is ok. Let me know whether or not your MD wants to take a safe or radical approach for treating your prostate.

i appreciate all concerns. the results are not yat available. i do not have any prostate symptoms, just an elevated psa, that was not able to be reduced with meds. i am not taking a caviliar approach, it is just my nature never to worry and just deal with situations that need addressing

thought the current thinking was to completely ignore the PSA test and level... it has been shown in numerous studies that the "cures" for prostate cancer are in most cases far worse than the disease... prostate cancer is typically a very slow cancer & most "sufferers" actually die of something else before that cancer gets them...

In Europe they never adopted giving the PSA test & their rate of death from prostate cancer was the same as the US -- My MD has dropped giving the test

My apologies if you already know all this and your situation is different...

In Europe they never adopted giving the PSA test & their rate of death from prostate cancer was the same as the US -- My MD has dropped giving the test
Not quite true. Many prospective and retrospective studies were performed in both Europe and the US ; the results were mixed, i.e., no conclusive answer. The fact is that more men die with prostate cancer than FROM prostate cancer. I dont know your history, but if you were given treatment as a result, there was a good reason for it.

Just an anecdote: I personally knew 2 men -- both died at age 84 of this cancer... One had a series of treatments for this disease, including radiation. This gentlemen became impotent and incontinent ( had to wear a bag ) and he was literally miserable for many years.

The other ignored all the medical advice and had an astronomical PSA count. The second gentleman was robust and functional until his last 6 months of life.. Both these guys were related to me. Again, this is anecdotal, but I think it is also pretty much representative of the problem with much of the so call treatment doled out.. Again, do your research but don't be afraid to ask questions

Last edited:
thanks to all. came back negative. so, back to my original question - how to have any physical contact w/blood still in seman
I don't see the problem just use a condom for FS and don't do CIM. If your getting a HR and the girl notices something after the fact just tell her not to worry about it.

I'd pump that shit myself. The good Lord has filled you with poison that needs periodic draining.

I'd hate to freak out a provider; on the other hand, who gives a shit?

Asians in particular surround things, even sex providing, with superstition. I've heard from several disjoint sources that a person contracts AIDS through anal sex...ONLY! I know it is easier to contract it there because the tissue is digestive and wants to absorb, but that doesn't give it a monopoly.

I'd hate to freak out a provider; on the other hand, who gives a shit?
It's really hard to freak us out, I have seen and touched things that would cause most people to feel faint, a little blood in the semen is such a non issue unless it's BBFS, I'm only concerned about contagious things like lice and scabies.

Women in general are just not freaked out by blood, it would make a very difficult life after puberty if we were. I believe this is why more women are nurses who do the grunt work of putting needles in arms to draw blood and put in a IV.